tvb wrote:You obviously are not lazy enough, Devil. Having burnt my fingers on a hand fed, I would never ever go back to one. The noise is "silent" after a while - some people buy white noise machines, I bought a stoker. I'm way to lazy for a hand fed.
Yea...I guess the noise becomes silent after while....Just like the jackhammer operator can't hear his hammer after a while.............because he's gone deaf!!
I guess the idea of convenience is the key to a stoker over hand fired, but......since they cost more money to buy, operate & fix, I wonder if ......in the distant future......anyone could ever invent a REALLY CONVENIENT
central, home heating system that would:
1. Only require you to turn a wall thermostat to operate
2. Never require lugging heavy bags of coal
3. Never have to empty ashes
4. Maybe burn something that a truck could just deliver & pump into a storage tank of some type, in your house
5. Maybe a liquid of some type
6. Maybe delivered automatically whenever your storage tank gets low
7. Maybe the storage tank could be big enough to hold..........I don't know......like 250 gallons of this combustible fluid into a black tank (to not attract attention to it)
Oh well, I know the convenience of such a futuristic system would make it more expensive than my hand fired coal stove,(maybe ALLOT
more expensive) but I can dream..can't I??Hey....Wait a minute!!!