I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:23 am

When I was watching the congress grilling the SEC (about the wistleblower who warned them about Maddoff) one question was why the SEC didn`t take it seriously & investigate. After asking several times one female said that an investigation was started but that it was terminated. That was around 7 or 8 years ago. I wonder who ordered that?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: gaw On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:45 am

Devil505 wrote:
Sounds pretty damned dangerous to me........But.....No administration would stoop so low as to do that.............Right?? :fear:

( or elected officials (from big business....going BACK to big business in 4-8 years) who would sell or give government info from wiretaps to their business buddies.......nah.....Could NEVER happen! ;) )


Wow! I’m certain that you must have proof of these things and that you then did your patriotic duty and reported such wrong doing to the proper authorities.

I do not see what the disagreement is. I think we must repeal the Patriot Act. We can not have the Feds spying on us especially now that the Chicago mob is in power. Rahm Emanuel, David Axelrod, Barack Obama, et al, this crew scares me to death. For once I’m on your side
gaw
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:52 am

samhill wrote: After asking several times one female said that an investigation was started but that it was terminated. That was around 7 or 8 years ago. I wonder who ordered that?


Hrmm, I wonder about that as well. Seeing Madoff was a dyed in the wool Liberal and fund raiser for the DNC, I'd say somebody other than a BUSH croney.
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice


Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:06 pm

Looks like Ed's been sniffing the glue again.... :roll:

Here's the entire list of SEC members, Ed, maybe you can tell us which Democrat squelched the whistleblower:

http://www.sec.gov/about/sechistoricalsummary.htm
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: Yanche On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:08 pm

gaw wrote:
Devil505 wrote:
Sounds pretty damned dangerous to me........But.....No administration would stoop so low as to do that.............Right?? :fear:

( or elected officials (from big business....going BACK to big business in 4-8 years) who would sell or give government info from wiretaps to their business buddies.......nah.....Could NEVER happen! ;) )


Wow! I’m certain that you must have proof of these things and that you then did your patriotic duty and reported such wrong doing to the proper authorities.

I do not see what the disagreement is. I think we must repeal the Patriot Act. We can not have the Feds spying on us especially now that the Chicago mob is in power. Rahm Emanuel, David Axelrod, Barack Obama, et al, this crew scares me to death. For once I’m on your side

The lead organization against government electronic spying is the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Most of the electronic eavesdropping is done by NSA, a huge semi-secret agency about 30 miles from me. I've got quite a few tight lipped friends that work there. Facial expressions are about the only answers I get to questions. The EFF challenges to NSA are posted on their web site. See:
http://www.eff.org/related/3488/pressrelease
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.

My opinion is the Patriot Act went too far in giving the government wire tapping rights without court orders. The FISA court is a reasonable way to balance the rights of citizens and the governments national security needs. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_In ... ance_Court
The bottom line is the Patriot Act and other recent laws weakened our privacy protections. We should all be concerned.
Yanche
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:11 pm

stockingfull wrote:Looks like Ed's been sniffing the glue again.... :roll:

Here's the entire list of SEC members, Ed, maybe you can tell us which Democrat squelched the whistleblower:

http://www.sec.gov/about/sechistoricalsummary.htm


I'm going to guess: http://www.sec.gov/about/commissioner/goldschmid.htm, or http://www.sec.gov/about/commissioner/campos.htm They just look the type. :P
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: JohnMck On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:46 pm

Devil505 wrote:
Ed.A wrote:Ok...look, Lemme put it this way. I agreed with what BUSH did in the name of tracking terrorists, I do, I did and I freely admit that I wanted terror suspects to be wire tapped. I also admit that I thought/think those that opposed it were either blatant BUSH haters and would pick on him no matter what, or people who could care less if we were attacked so it would look bad for BUSH.



Let me ask a simple question here Ed, & this goes for everyone who thinks..."I'm not a terrorist.....I don't care if the government taps MY phone without a warrant....I got nothing to hide."

Let's say you are talking with your friend & you happen to mention that your doctor found an irregular heart beat & is concerned. One month later, you boss calls you in & tells you they have to let you go for........performance issues. (but you subsequently find out, from as friend in personnel that the REAL reason you were fired was due to you heart problem. Far Fetched?...trust me it isn't. How about if suddenly your health & life insurance rates go up?....How about you mention on the phone something about what your brother did when he was in college...& suddenly he finds himself under police surveillance.
If you think these things can't happen....especially under an unsupervised government....You are just really naive & at risk!
When the government starts to break the law....Who you gonna call? (right....Ghostbusters! :lol: )






Hmmmm. Sounds like the kind of thing that could happen under "Single Payer,Universal " Government Health Care.
JohnMck
 

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: Ed.A On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:56 pm

JohnMck wrote:Hmmmm. Sounds like the kind of thing that could happen under "Single Payer,Universal " Government Health Care.


That's what was put into the StimPak, I have no doubts that's exactly the way it's going to work. Look what happened to Joe the Plumber, all his files were dug up to try and intimidate and destroy him. What do you think is going to happen to political opponents of Dear Leader when they have their MEDICAL files and their Families files (ask Palins daughter).
Ed.A
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Channing III/ '94 Stoker II
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:11 pm

Joe the plumber is one of the deadbeats the rest of us are going to bail out.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:59 pm

Ed.A wrote:Look what happened to Joe the Plumber, all his files were dug up to try and intimidate and destroy him


Joe"The Plumber" was not a plumber at all, but a long time Republican operative used to try to "Bushwhack" Candidate Obama.
Just another lie that the American voter saw through.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:03 pm

Yanche wrote:The bottom line is the Patriot Act and other recent laws weakened our privacy protections. We should all be concerned.


Boy do you have that right!! It makes my blood boil when naive, adult "children" watch to much TV & think the government would never do such terrible things.."The government can listen to me any time they want"....."I have nothing to hide".......Bullshit!!

Turn off "24".....It's fantasy!!...Instead, watch the whistle blower's testimony in Senate hearings on CSPAN for some REAL eye opening scary drama
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: Devil505 On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:14 pm

gaw wrote:Wow! I’m certain that you must have proof of these things and that you then did your patriotic duty and reported such wrong doing to the proper authorities.


Tell me....Who do you report "these things" too when it's "the proper authorities" who are the very people violating the law?
That's kinda the whole point!
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:47 pm

Devil505 wrote:
Yanche wrote:The bottom line is the Patriot Act and other recent laws weakened our privacy protections. We should all be concerned.


Boy do you have that right!!

The gov't's been turned upside down by the wingnuts.

They've spied on our own citizens without a warrant, outed our own CIA people and spent a Trillion in the Mid-East -- but couldn't begin to catch Osama.

They've stifled stem-cell research so embryos could be discarded, they want to outlaw abortions but not help feed and clothe and educate the children which are then born, to say nothing of caring for their health.

They want to bail out the bankers but not their victims.

They talk about freedom, but want to regulate morality.

It's all BS and, thankfully, soon will be history.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:56 pm

Devil505 wrote:
Tell me....Who do you report "these things" too when it's "the proper authorities" who are the very people violating the law?
That's kinda the whole point!


And yet you are willing to give up our Second Amendment rights.
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: I know, It's the LAW...so I shouldn't question it

PostBy: gaw On: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 pm

Devil505 wrote:
gaw wrote:Wow! I’m certain that you must have proof of these things and that you then did your patriotic duty and reported such wrong doing to the proper authorities.


Tell me....Who do you report "these things" too when it's "the proper authorities" who are the very people violating the law?
That's kinda the whole point!


We are all ears.
gaw
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Keystoker KA-6
Coal Size/Type: Rice from Schuylkill County