Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:51 pm

Devil505 wrote:
SuperBeetle wrote:Bring it on...............I had pizza for lunch :box:


I saw what you were eating! (it wasn't pizza...... it was French Croissants & dainty little finger sandwiches) :inlove: :fear: :devil:


Ummmmmmmmm actually it was pizza that had deer burger and deer bologna topping. The deer was shot by myself with non-micro stamped ammunition that was loaded by me as well. :rambo3: :shh:
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:30 pm

I fill the hollow points with coal ash. :)
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: danzig On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:44 pm

you go coal berner you are the man. :D I shoot and collect all, the Govt. has got to step aside and keep there nose clean. :mad: They have two many other issues to deal with than to waste time and money on this stuff. :mad: If Obama wants to pull the same crap large scale in the USA that he has in ILL. give him the boot. (Yeah I mean punish lawful citizens for defending themselves, and property from violence, and criminals. Go to hell and die the world will not miss you anymore for not being here. 7mm Rem Ob beater!!! :clap: :up: :cheers: :stretcher: :rambo2:
danzig
 
Stove/Furnace Make: logwood ycob36 boiler
Stove/Furnace Model: simplex multi therm


Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: tvb On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:12 pm

SuperBeetle wrote:Do a search on Ammunition Accountability Act


http://nationalgunrights.org/ammoaccountability.shtml
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


Can you point me to a state - any state will do - that has even voted on such a bill? There isn't one. I understand that such a bill actually made some progress on an episode of the West Wing a few years back when it was still in production. When you find that state, please provide a link to the actual bill (and the votes on it) and not a link to some site like WorldNutsDaily or some other partisan slop.

And your beloved NRA points out that ammo marking is not technologically feasible at this time. There may be a patent on it but that doesn't mean it's doable.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: UpStateMike On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:13 pm

Good luck with anyone who would want to confiscate my old ammo. I'll give it to them 1 bullet at a time.

I love my 1945 Mosin Nagant. Those Ruskies build a good gun.
UpStateMike
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Elmira Oval (in house)
Stove/Furnace Model: Round Oak d-18 (workshop)

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:31 pm

Sorry tvb, you roll snake eyes again. Gov. Ahnuld signed the microstamping bill into law. I'd post a link but I'm still at work in my 10th hour on my way to 13. Someone has to pay for all the tax money you want to give away.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:41 pm

tvb wrote:
SuperBeetle wrote:Do a search on Ammunition Accountability Act


http://nationalgunrights.org/ammoaccountability.shtml
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


Can you point me to a state - any state will do - that has even voted on such a bill? There isn't one. I understand that such a bill actually made some progress on an episode of the West Wing a few years back when it was still in production. When you find that state, please provide a link to the actual bill (and the votes on it) and not a link to some site like WorldNutsDaily or some other partisan slop.

And your beloved NRA points out that ammo marking is not technologically feasible at this time. There may be a patent on it but that doesn't mean it's doable.


Yo Ms. TVB....................I DO NOT belong to the NRA. Get your facts straight before making any accusations about me.
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: tvb On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:48 pm

That is a microstamping bill and it is not the ammunition accountability act. The AAA IS what I was referring to as that is what Superbeetle was basing his argument on. It is also dependent on available technology which at this point renders it kind of moot.

Here - I did your homework for you (it took about 17 seconds)
http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_1451-1500/ab_1471_bill_20071013_chaptered.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: tvb On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:56 pm

SuperBeetle wrote:
tvb wrote:
SuperBeetle wrote:Do a search on Ammunition Accountability Act


http://nationalgunrights.org/ammoaccountability.shtml
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


Can you point me to a state - any state will do - that has even voted on such a bill? There isn't one. I understand that such a bill actually made some progress on an episode of the West Wing a few years back when it was still in production. When you find that state, please provide a link to the actual bill (and the votes on it) and not a link to some site like WorldNutsDaily or some other partisan slop.

And your beloved NRA points out that ammo marking is not technologically feasible at this time. There may be a patent on it but that doesn't mean it's doable.


Yo Ms. TVB....................I DO NOT belong to the NRA. Get your facts straight before making any accusations about me.


Okay and Jeffrey Dahmer wasn't a member of Diner's Club to the best of my knowledge but he had some strange eating habits anyway!

UpStateMike wrote:Good luck with anyone who would want to confiscate my old ammo. I'll give it to them 1 bullet at a time.

I love my 1945 Mosin Nagant. Those Ruskies build a good gun.


Nobody is coming for your ammo. We are just going to charge you $25,000 per bullet and give it all to the poor people and illegal immigrants. :rambo: :rimshot: bop2
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:58 pm

tvb wrote:That is a microstamping bill and it is not the ammunition accountability act. The AAA IS what I was referring to as that is what Superbeetle was basing his argument on. It is also dependent on available technology which at this point renders it kind of moot.

Here - I did your homework for you (it took about 17 seconds)
http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_1451-1500/ab_1471_bill_20071013_chaptered.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


What are you talking about :?: I argued with whom? I gave a bad link or what?
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: tvb On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:06 pm

Didn't you encourage me to become familiar with the Ammunition Accountability Act a few posts back? :?
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:07 pm

tvb wrote:Didn't you encourage me to become familiar with the Ammunition Accountability Act a few posts back? :?


Yep I did
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:11 pm

About Us

Ammunition Accountability is a newly forming group of ammunition coding technology supporters. Our group includes gun crime victims, industry representatives, law enforcement, public officials, public policy experts, and more. We are working together to pass legislation to make ammunition coding technology a reality.

Ammunition coding technology works by laser etching the back of each bullet with an alpha-numeric serial number. Then when a potential criminal purchases a box of 9mm cartridges, the box of ammunition and the bullets’ coding numbers would be connected to the purchaser in a statewide database. When a bullet is found at a crime scene, the code on the bullet can be read with a simple magnifying glass and then be run through a statewide database to determine who purchased the ammunition and where, providing a valuable investigative lead.

There are many ways that you can help us solve gun crime around the nation. For more information about our organization or information about the technology contact us: ACT(at)ammunitionaccountability.com.

<removed dead link>
Last edited by Richard S. on Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:17 pm

samhill wrote:Don`t really know what all it takes to convert theM16, just used that as an example of an assult rifle. A m-14 is a very easy one to do at least on the military ones. It takes one shot to bring down most game( if it takes a lot more than that your not sure of your shot & probably shouldn`t have taken it) I guess a fully auto is great for hunting ground meat. Might as well go after fresh roal kill.
As for greed not entering into it, greed is in everything in demand. Umbrellas when it`s raining, gabage patch dolls when you couldn`t get them, gas when a false speculation was created. A shortage or demand for a product doesn`t make it cost more to produce, market or transport, lowers storage & display costs. It`s pure greed that sets the higher price a demand for a product might lessen the supply, it doesn`t raise the price.
Want to read an interesting bit on MSN money monet this morning, it explains a lot about what is happening to 401k funds & the morgage crisis thru wall st. ceo greed. Don`t know yet how accurate it is but sure sounds true.

To convert a M1 A1to a M14 you need 4 Parts still illgal to own them parts unless you go threw the Proper Procedure
Period. The price of ammo & firearms is up because fuel & shipping cost and raw material to make it went threw the
roof.Brass lead copper powder primers all double some tripple in Price so it cost more to make so the price went up .
Also there are two wars going another reason way the ammo is in short supply same thing happend in the early 90's
when desert storm was going on .
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Ammo Shelf,Why So Empty?

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:31 pm

coaledsweat wrote:
coal berner wrote:First it is not that easy to correctly convert a Semi Auto AR-15 to a Full Auto M16 you need 5 of The M16 Parts Plus the Receiver has to be machined out for the selector. which are all Resticted Parts and are controlled By The ATF the only legal way is if you hold a class 3 FFL or go threw a class 3 FFL Dealer and pay your 200 dollar Tax Stamp and all of the paper work and then you have to Pass a criminal background check and then put out 8 to 10k for a rifle or a Auto sear The Fed law on Full auto firearms has been on the books since 1934 before then anyone good own and buy one .


IIRC unless the weapon was papered prior to NFA, there is no way the average citizen can legally own it after being converted to full auto. Police and military could purchase it, but not John Q. Public, it must be a papered weapon or DEWAT to begin with.

The only law that was change since 1934 on class three weaponds was in may of 1986 which in short says all machine guns had to made before 1986 any after will be transferable from dealer to dealer. any made before 1986 can go from delaer to citizens . So any weapon made before 1986 is legal any after is not transferable to the public only dealer to dealer.

http://www.statemaster.com/graph/gov_gu ... d-firearms

http://black-guns.com/How%20To%20Buy%20 ... %20Gun.htm
Last edited by coal berner on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520