tullybrewing wrote:I fried a 12# turkey in peanut oil yesterday - I found a few recipes online for injectable marinades and then created one of my own. This was too good not to share:
• 1 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 1 stick butter
• 2 tablespoons onion powder
• 2 tablespoons garlic powder
• 2 tablespoons Cajun or Creole seasoning
• 1 tablespoon Franks Original Red Hot Sauce
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan. Heat until butter is melted. Stir and continue heating until sauce is liquefied. Inject while still hot enough to stay liquid.
MMMMMMMMM sounds good! 12# is the majic number to fit the standard deepfryer!! I do 3 at a time on 3 burners. I bet the "Swamp Fire" similar to Old Bay.. will go in that recipe too!!