Another Obama attack on the 2A

Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:31 pm

Well, BOHICA, as they say.

Some denied that micro stamping and registering of ammunition was an attack on the 2nd, now comes the DOD changing it's policy of selling used brass. With that amount of brass coming out of circulation the price of ammo will skyrocket. With two wars going, brass for reloaders was already hard to come by, now the government will make it nearly impossible.

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/03/dod- ... itary.html

Got that? From now on, remanufacturers of military brass will not be able to buy surplus brass from DOD--actually from Government Liquidators, llc.--the corporation that sells surplus materials for the U.S. government. At least, not in any form recognizable as once-fired brass ammunition.

Now all brass ammunition will have to be shredded, and sold as scrap.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Better run out & buy more ammo! (& if you act now..........Operators are standing by.......Billy Mays here...........You can't afford NOT to act now......, etc...etc...ect) :rambo2: :rambo: :P
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:22 pm

Buying ammo is no joke.

The stuff is evaporating off the shelves.

http://www.wideners.com had over 1100 battle packs (200 rnds ea.) of .223/.556 as of this morning.

By noon they were all GONE.

Local shelves are getting sparse and pricier by the day.
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140


Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:24 pm

What's the old saying about a fool & his money???? (Oh right....They are soon parted)
NRA marketing BS!
(if the NRA would start doing marketing for Ford & GM....I'd buy stock in U.S. car companies again!)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:30 pm

Devil505 wrote:What's the old saying about a fool & his money???? (Oh right....They are soon parted)
NRA marketing BS!
(if the NRA would start doing marketing for Ford & GM....I'd buy stock in U.S. car companies again!)


So the DOD in cahoots with the NRA now? I've heard some tin foil hatted theories before but that takes the cake Devil.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:33 pm

You guys crack me up.

All the whining and shouting about govt not subsidizing (insert your target here) yet they stop subsidizing ammo makers by cutting off the supply of cheap brass and it becomes a great injustice and attack on the second amendment.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:35 pm

If you guys are worried that, during or by the end of the Obama administration, you guns will be taken away or there will not be plenty of ammo for you to buy .........I have a few very nice bridges to sell you. :up: :devil:

(but hurry!!.....They/'re going fast!!!) :P
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:41 pm

tvb wrote:You guys crack me up.

All the whining and shouting about govt not subsidizing (insert your target here) yet they stop subsidizing ammo makers by cutting off the supply of cheap brass and it becomes a great injustice and attack on the second amendment.


Yes, as a matter of fact it is an attack on the second. They didn't order surplus Army blankets destroyed did they? So it's not like they suddenly have an aversion to letting citizens have a crack at cheap goods that are technically already theirs to begin with. They are destroying something that allows lawful gun owners the ability to use their guns.

You just can't be honest. I understand that.
Last edited by jpete on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:44 pm

Devil505 wrote:If you guys are worried that, during or by the end of the Obama administration, you guns will be taken away or there will not be plenty of ammo for you to buy .........I have a few very nice bridges to sell you. :up: :devil:

(but hurry!!.....They/'re going fast!!!) :P


Oh there will be plenty of ammo. It will just cost more than the average guy will be able to afford. Guns aren't worth much without ammo. Obama will be able to claim plausible deniability because he didn't take anyone's guns, he just made them useless.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: Duengeon master On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:47 pm

Black_And_Blue wrote:Buying ammo is no joke.

The stuff is evaporating off the shelves.

http://www.wideners.com had over 1100 battle packs (200 rnds ea.) of .223/.556 as of this morning.

By noon they were all GONE.

Local shelves are getting sparse and pricier by the day.
Ammo is not the only thing flying off the shelves. Gold and silver are getting harder to find. Gee :gee: I wonder if people are thinking the killer snowstorm is coming. Mabey the one that Sarah Conner was talking about at the gas station?
Duengeon master
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:50 pm

jpete wrote:
Devil505 wrote:If you guys are worried that, during or by the end of the Obama administration, you guns will be taken away or there will not be plenty of ammo for you to buy .........I have a few very nice bridges to sell you. :up: :devil:

(but hurry!!.....They/'re going fast!!!) :P


Oh there will be plenty of ammo. It will just cost more than the average guy will be able to afford. Guns aren't worth much without ammo. Obama will be able to claim plausible deniability because he didn't take anyone's guns, he just made them useless.



Tell ya what....I'd much rather pay a bit more for ammo but be able to afford to fill my car with gasoline or have people be able to heat their homes. (I'll just have to cut down on the number of people I shoot each month!) :lol:
Last edited by Devil505 on Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:51 pm

The 2nd amendment doesn't guarantee the right to govt subsidized ammo - only the right to bear arms.

Get yourself a musket - no brass necessary.
Last edited by tvb on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: SuperBeetle On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:07 pm

tvb wrote:
Get yourself a musket loader - no brass necessary.


A musket loader? Exactly what is a "musket loader" :?:
SuperBeetle
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark II
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Nut, & Stove Anthracite

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: rockwood On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:11 pm

SuperBeetle wrote:
tvb wrote:
Get yourself a musket loader - no brass necessary.


A musket loader? Exactly what is a "musket loader" :?:

That's funny......well maybe not.
rockwood
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic coal furnace
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Soft coal: Lump and stoker (slack coal)

Re: Another Obama attack on the 2A

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:11 pm

SuperBeetle wrote:
tvb wrote:
Get yourself a musket loader - no brass necessary.


A musket loader? Exactly what is a "musket loader" :?:

Fixed. My brain was moving on to something else while still typing.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III