Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: BillMarti On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:23 pm

Devil you didn't do any research you just stated your opinion again.

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:30 pm

samhill wrote:I don`t know bear stearns own website claims it was lack of the Feds. no intervening that caused their colaspe, & LeMan Bros. filed back in 08, about 6 mo.s after b.s. went belly up both in 08 but some how that was Obama`s fault? Unless I mistook your post I don`t think so.

Bear is upset that the government didn't intervene in their favor. Let's face it, no one likes the ref to make bad call against their team but isn't nearly as outraged when a bad call is in their favor. That's not the same as playing by a different set of rules. Madoff went to jail because he played by his own rules. Nobody on Wall St has gone to jail because they were inside the rules. Bill Clinton removed oversight of derivatives and repealed the Glass Steagal Act. GWB got rid of the uptick rule. Those things were like diesel fuel and fertilizer. Harmless seperately but dangerous when mixed. And even then a bomb isn't dangerous until it's lit. The collapse of the housing market lit the fuse. Now we got what we got. I can go into more detail when I'm not typing with my thumbs! :)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:42 pm

jpete wrote:But the FACT Devil is that in 1920 when there was a crash and the government literally did nothing we were back again in one year.


I have brought this up a few times, it seems to be ignored on a regular basis. That crash in 1920 was worse than the one in '29 too. The real problem is that the poor economy is being (and has been) used to further a political agenda.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea


Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:49 pm

Funny isn't it Coaled? In fact it's hard to find much information about the 1920-1921 crash because it turned out to be a non event even though between 500-800 banks closed.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:51 pm

BillMarti wrote:Devil you didn't do any research you just stated your opinion again.

Bill S.


Yes I did Bill......I went outside & dropped a hammer &...guess what?.....IT FELL!
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:03 pm

coaledsweat wrote:
jpete wrote:But the FACT Devil is that in 1920 when there was a crash and the government literally did nothing we were back again in one year.


I have brought this up a few times, it seems to be ignored on a regular basis. That crash in 1920 was worse than the one in '29 too. The real problem is that the poor economy is being (and has been) used to further a political agenda.


Not being an expert on the 1920 crash or the 1929 crash, as some others here claim to be, I really have no comment other than to ask you for your point?

My point can simply be re-stated in a few lines:

1. It is pretty common belief that many of the economic problems we now face are due to lack of effective government oversight. No rules & no umpires has proven to be a failure.
2. Issue # ONE in the last Presidential election was the economy & one of the major reasons why B. Obama was elected President was that more voters trusted HIS judgment than trusted his opponents.
3. There are many professional economists on both sides of this debate & none of them have a foolproof crystal ball toi see the end result.
4. Economics has never been my strong suit & I am retired from government service...Therefore....I have to decide who I trust more to get us out of this mess, & I have decided...right or wrong...to trust President Obama & his team of economists rather than the Republican team who's only answer has always been to CUT TAXES!
5. I do not claim to know how it will all come out but I refuse to be intimidated into accepting the beliefs of those who CLAIM to be able to see the future or have a special relationship with god.



Much of this debate involves people trying to force me to agree that chocolate ice cream tastes better than strawberry.....That if I study & research harder I will come to realize that chocolate tastes better because their experts tell me it does...........BUT..........Their chocolate ice cream is old & curdled & made me sick the last time I ate it....so......I simply will stick with my new container of STRAWBERRY ice cream !
Last edited by Devil505 on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: BillMarti On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:40 pm

You only need simple math skills you start with a negative number and you add to that negative number and it becomes more negative we started in a 1 trillion deficit added 4 trillion more and now we're in a 5 trillion deficit. Now comes the interesting part did the money ever exist, if it did where did it come from, and we the people that "borrowed it"will never pay it back in our life time. So our descendants are held responsible to pay a bill they had nothing to do with. How do you morally justify that.
Putting a great burden on our childrens, childrens,children and it will compound in interest which will keep it going and going and going. We don't need to be an economist to see this because FACT is it is happening right before our eyes. Lets face another FACT government spending has been out of control for decades regardless who's been in control. This is just a continuation of the government usurping WE THE PEOPLES authority and taking what they have no right doing. The government was created to uphold the CONSTITUTION period which they are not doing.

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:49 pm

BillMarti wrote:You only need simple math skills you start with a negative number and you add to that negative number and it becomes more negative we started in a 1 trillion deficit added 4 trillion more and now we're in a 5 trillion deficit.


So...if it's so simple Bill...Why can't President Obama & his large team of economists understand the simplicity?? (are they just evil men attempting to destroy our country along with the terrorists that he "Pals around with"??)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:51 pm

BillMarti wrote:The government was created to uphold the CONSTITUTION period which they are not doing.


Is that another of your "Facts" or an opinion?
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:57 pm

BillMarti wrote:Lets face another FACT government spending has been out of control for decades regardless who's been in control. This is just a continuation of the government usurping WE THE PEOPLES authority and taking what they have no right doing.


It pretty well accepted that what got us out of the Great Depression was government spending on WWII.......Not capital gains tax cuts or corporate welfare. Your OPINIONS are not the FACTS you are trying to sell us........They are Republican theories that are age old, have failed & were rejected by the voters.

You really have a problem differentiating FACT from OPINION .....OR you are simply trying to CON us into accepting your opinion as fact.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: BillMarti On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:30 pm

I don't know why doesn't Bo and his team get it maybe they really don't know math? There are night classes in case they're to busy during the day.

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:37 pm

BillMarti wrote:I don't know why doesn't Bo and his team get it maybe they really don't know math? There are night classes in case they're to busy during the day.

Bill S.


That must be it then......UNLESS.... :gee: ....Maybe...........(thinking the unthinkable here).....Maybe They are right & YOU are wrong??? :confused: :confused: ....That's not possible......Is it??
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:49 pm

anything is possible if your with the right group!!
Attachments
wtf group.jpg
(30.88 KiB) Viewed 5 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]11996[/nepathumb]
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:04 pm

Devil, the only facts you have here are "Obama is president" and "I like strawberry ice cream." Beyond that you dug in your heels in the face of overwhelming evidence. As if you could prevent an avalanche coming down on you if you just denied it enough. You want to divert the argument by turning it into an R vs D thing but that doesn't work with me because I'm not either. I've challenged you to educate yourself and you have refused. It's not like you don't time as evidenced by all opinions you throw around here all day. You are wrong about not having any rules or regulations. There are tons of them and they are all the wrong ones. I could talk to you about CDO's, CDS's and tranches but you don't know what any of that stuff is and I fear you would call me a name and refer me to the Flat Earth Society.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:08 pm

jpete wrote:Devil, the only facts you have here are


Here are a few FACTS....Not opinions:



Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:43 am
Durable goods orders rebound in February
Reuters


WASHINGTON (Reuters) – New U.S. orders for long-lasting manufactured goods rose in February for the first time in seven months, according to a government report on Wednesday brought some cheer to an economy mired in recession.
The Commerce Department said durable goods orders rose 3.4 percent to $165.6 billion in February, the biggest increase since December 2007, after a revised 7.3 percent plunge the prior month, previously reported as a 4.5 percent decline.

This is the latest in a series of recent economic data indicating the downturn in the economy after a brutal fourth quarter appears to be moderating a bit.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090325/bs_
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
... urables_12


U.S. home sales climb at fastest pace in 10 months
Reuters
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Sales of newly built U.S. single-family homes unexpectedly rose at their fastest pace in 10 months in February, while prices fell by a record margin from a year ago, a government report showed on Wednesday.

The Commerce Department said sales rose 4.7 percent to a 337,000 annual pace, the fastest increase since April last year, from an upwardly revised 322,000 in January. Despite the increase, February sales were the second lowest ever after the drop in January to the slowest pace in records going back to 1963, the department said.

Economists polled by Reuters had forecast sales at a 300,000 rate in February.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090325/bs_
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
... newhomes_5



Obama sees "signs of progress" on economic crisis
Reuters
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – President Barack Obama said on Tuesday he was seeing signs of progress in his drive to lead the United States out of economic crisis as he sought to reassure recession-weary Americans he was on the right track.

"We're moving in the right direction," Obama said at his second prime-time White House news conference since taking office on January 20.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090325/bs_nm/us_obama_16
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.



Now from Fox News:

Durable Goods Orders Rose Unexpectedly in February
Orders to U.S. factories for big-ticket manufactured goods unexpectedly rose in February after a record six straight declines, according to a report released by the Commerce Department.

AP

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WASHINGTON -- Orders to U.S. factories for big-ticket manufactured goods unexpectedly rose in February after a record six straight declines

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/03
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
... -february/


New Home Sales Rose Unexpectedly in February
The Commerce Department said new home sales rebounded unexpectedly last month
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000