Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Devil, to use your lousy analogy, those buckets you're throwing seem to be full of gasoline. You give the false choice of "doing nothing" or doing whatever it is Obama wants to do. I have found that in any crisis, the first person to yell "We have to do SOMETHING!" is about to do the WRONG thing. And I heard both GWB and BHO say "We have to do "X" or the economy will self destruct." So far, the results haven't been positive. And once again I'll say the "doing nothing" is sometimes the right thing. If you are lost in the woods and don't know which way to go, the recommended thing to "do" is "nothing". Find a safe place and sit down. But if you are bound and determined to "do something" to "fix" the economy. You could always cut taxes and cut spending. But you don't want that do you Devil? You won't be happy until we are all government controlled slaves.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Devil505 wrote:The very size of the program is required to hopefully instill the confidence necessary for success.


And will surely be a massive disaster if it doesn't.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: BillMarti On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm

Here's what a lot of people believe that we are heading for a depression.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_ ... _to_1930_s

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520


Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:49 pm

jpete wrote:Devil, to use your lousy analogy,


Hey!!....I like my analogy!@! :P


jpete wrote:So far, the results haven't been positive.

Yeah....I forgot President Obama promised to fix all our problems within TWO MONTHS!!...What the hell is taking so long!! :mad:

jpete wrote:And once again I'll say the "doing nothing" is sometimes the right thing.

I hear you Jeff .......so just stay in your theater seat screaming..... but let some of us actually try to fight the fire. Maybe you are right & we're all gonna die anyway but.....I'm going out with a bucket in my hands at least trying to DO something to save my butt......& yours! ;) :rambo2: :rambo: :verycool:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:02 pm

coaledsweat wrote:
Devil505 wrote:The very size of the program is required to hopefully instill the confidence necessary for success.


And will surely be a massive disaster if it doesn't.


Sounds like a giant "But" from you coaledsweat.....There are obviously no guarantees with this program or most things in life but.....Let me tell you a little story about the word "BUT":




Many years ago a scientist named Louis Pasteur dreamed of a way to purify milk. Across town, there was another scientist named Irving Schlemmer who also wanted to find a way to purify milk & said: "I think I can devise a way to make milk safe to drink.....BUT....".

Let me ask you a question: When was the last time you bought a quart of "Schlemmerized" Milk? :lol:


Edit: :lol: :lol: ..That was a line from the old Phil Silvers (Bilko) TV show that I never forgot & FINALLY got a chance to squeeze into a post!! :up:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:09 pm

BillMarti wrote:Here's what a lot of people believe that we are heading for a depression.


http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
... _to_1930_s

Bill S.



Good idea Bill....Maybe if you just scream FIRE....LOUDER....That will help things?! :down: :no1: :devil:
Last edited by Devil505 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:15 pm

Hey Devil, do me a favor. STOP HELPING ME!!! With the deficeit where it is, every household owes about a half a million dollars. That means you've helped yourself to every penny I make for roughly the next decade. And now you'd like to help yourself to my childrens future. Leave me alone. I don't need the help. I'm not a bleating sheep that needs you to "save" me while you pick my pocket.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:23 pm

jpete wrote:Hey Devil, do me a favor. STOP HELPING ME!!!


A good thing for you Jeff that I've learned to handle rejection so well. :verycool:

jpete wrote:Leave me alone. I don't need the help.

Now..... Now...Just remember.....I'm from the government & here to help you! :secret: :stretcher: :angel: :bighug:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:05 pm

So what do all our differing OPINIONS (on how best to end the financial crisis) amount too?.....The difference is that I profess to have no "Crystal Ball" & cant see into the future as clearly as some of you claim the ability to do. I simply don't believe your "Sky Is Falling" prognostications are the only possibility.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: BillMarti On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:50 pm

Facts are facts devil as you see 53% and growing don't believe the messiah anymore. But then again you have your false idols to contend with. When the smoke clears we'll see who's standing in 2010. You still haven't answered the question where's the money coming from especially now that the democrats are buying our own money back with the magic money from the stimulus bill. Hows that possible to borrow from oneself that is in debt and is stone broke. And what are we teaching our future generations that you can make somebody pay for your irresponsibility regardless of the morality involved. Ain't that how we got here in the first place uncontrolled spending. Giving mortgages to those who they knew could not afford them because your boys don't think it's fair they should go without but where were they living before that an apartment. You know most of us lived in an apartment until we could afford better and most of us worked for what we had and most of us show responsibility because we earned it. All as you need to do is look around at government subsidized homes and they are usually destroyed in a short amount of time by those that were given them. Get what I'm saying earning instills responsibility. Again YOU DON"T WORK WHEN ABLE AND AVAILABLE YOU DON"T EAT what a unique idea hold somebody responsible for their actions.


Bill S
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:42 pm

BillMarti wrote:Facts are facts devil


& opinions are opinions.....Why should we believe your opinion is correct?
Let me throw a serious question at you Bill: Is it POSSIBLE (however improbable you believe) that your OPINION is wrong & the OPINIONS of the economists who President Obama is listening too are correct & his plan will succeed while your non-plan would fail? (what will you say then?.....Oops!)
Do you claim you are infallible?...Godlike?...Does God speak directly to only you?

I don't claim to have a crystal ball Bill....You do! (No offense but I voted for B. Obama last November......Not BillMarti)
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:39 pm

Devil505 wrote:
BillMarti wrote:Facts are facts devil


& opinions are opinions.....Why should we believe your opinion is correct?
Let me throw a serious question at you Bill: Is it POSSIBLE (however improbable you believe) that your OPINION is wrong & the OPINIONS of the economists who President Obama is listening too are correct & his plan will succeed while your non-plan would fail? (what will you say then?.....Oops!)
Do you claim you are infallible?...Godlike?...Does God speak directly to only you?

I don't claim to have a crystal ball Bill....You do! (No offense but I voted for B. Obama last November......Not BillMarti)


Is it possible that Obama's economists are wrong? Do you know the difference between Keynesians and Austrians?
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:52 pm

Is it possible that Obama's economists are wrong?


Have you considered that you are wrong? I know that most Americans believe "libertines" are wrong for the country as a whole, but you want to buck the trend and you haven't really offered an doable alternative to make anyone change their mind on that.. Where is Ron Paul on the economic mess? How about Bob Barr?

Please point me to where you discussed your solution to the current problems this country faces.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: Devil505 On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:56 pm

jpete wrote:Is it possible that Obama's economists are wrong?


Of course that's possible Jeff....I've never posted a guarantee (the way you & BillMarti have arrogantly done on the other side) as if there is no possibility that you guys may be wrong & President Obama & his team may be right?!? (BTW......Can you again remind us all exactly where you & Bill studied for & received you doctorates in advanced global economics? (.....I've admitted to a poor short term memory & just forget which post contained that important info which obviously would add much needed weight to your economic predictions) :gee: :nana:

I realize it's the height of ignorance for me to trust their (President Obama & a vast team of economists) predictions rather than a couple of unknown members of an Anthracite Coal help forum such as you & Bill.........Sometimes I'm just stubborn I guess! :oops:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Horrible News For Anti-Obamaniacs. Economy Is Improving!

PostBy: BillMarti On: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:04 pm

Devil.

How do you get a pole that says 53% of other people say they think we're heading for a depression as my opinion or does it bother that nobody except for 2 other people hear agree with your opinion. Or maybe it saddens you that your a minority opinion is not held by thinking people. But there are a lot of sheeople out there that you don't need to convert. Come on if your trying to bust my stones I'm still waiting I told you before don't bring a knife to a gun fight. If you thought things :bang: through your head wouldn't hurt so bad from continually banging it against the wall. :bang:

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520