Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:37 pm

jpete wrote:
Devil505 wrote:
jpete wrote:Which part of "shall not be infringed" didn't you understand when you took an oath to "preserve, protect, and defend"?


Silly question.. "shall not be infringed".....is a strictly subjective phrase open to the interpretation of the decision maker. What YOU may consider "Infringement" others view as reasonable & even necessary for a society to be orderly & functionable.

Do you really live in a world where things only mean what you want them to mean when you want them to mean it? What are you going to do when Obama gets his carbon tax? He's not making coal illegal, he's just making it too expensive to use. Will you understand then?


I've read your question 3 times & I still don't get it??? :confused:
(What does that have to do with the phrase "shall not be infringed" being subject to interpretation??

(Owe.......& you forgot to throw in the obligatory dig involving DEA) :nono: :devil:
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:40 pm

I missed this part:
jpete wrote:What are you going to do when Obama gets his carbon tax? He's not making coal illegal, he's just making it too expensive to use. Will you understand then?


What percentage of your income do you spend on ammunition that you are worried about it being priced to high for you to be able to defend your home??
Last edited by Devil505 on Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:45 pm

jpete wrote:Are you still wearing both faces?


I only wear the one that matches the rest of my outfit at the time &..............Both faces are better looking than the one you present to the world! toothy
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000


Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:48 pm

Devil505 wrote:I missed this part:
jpete wrote:What are you going to do when Obama gets his carbon tax? He's not making coal illegal, he's just making it too expensive to use.


What percentage of you income do you spend on ammunition that you are worried about it being priced to high for you to be able to defend your home??


We aren't worried about defending our homes. We arent' worried about the cost of hunting game.

I want rpg's and stingers for the people.

"Power to the people". Isn't that what the hypocrite hippies used to say?
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: BillMarti On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:04 pm

Bill Clinton started the reinterpretation of english words when he tried to reinterpret "is" when he said "what do we mean is is. But all "is" you have to do "is" look it up in a dictionary and wala it's the same definition it always was.

in·fringe (n-frnj)
v. in·fringed, in·fring·ing, in·fring·es
v.tr.
1. To transgress or exceed the limits of; violate: infringe a contract; infringe a patent.
2. Obsolete To defeat; invalidate.
v.intr.
To encroach on someone or something; engage in trespassing: an increased workload that infringed on his personal life.
[Latin nfringere, to destroy : in-, intensive pref.; see in-2 + frangere, to break; see bhreg- in Indo-European roots.]
in·fringer n.

The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition copyright ©2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Updated in 2003. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.
infringe
Verb
[-fringing, -fringed]
1. to violate or break (a law or agreement)
2. infringe on or upon to encroach or trespass on: the press infringed on their privacy [Latin infringere to break off]
infringement n

The only thing I see by the definition is the government can't reinterpret it as to limit our access or what we can or do own. That's the problem with socialists if they don't like what something in the law plainly says THEY"LL just reinterpret it to serve THEIR need the control or take away your freedoms so we don't have to fear you when we allow them continue to blatantly attack the CONSTITUTION so as to allow them to set up a communist dictatorship. And now you know the rest of the story.


Bill S.
Last edited by BillMarti on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: BillMarti On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:06 pm

mikeandgerry,

Who do you think is running the government now "The hippies from the 60's"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: Devil505 On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:12 pm

BillMarti wrote:But all "is" you have to do "is" look it up in a dictionary and wala it's the same definition it always was.

BillMarti wrote:The only thing I see by the definition is the government can't reinterpret it as to limit our access or what we can or do own.


Marbury v. Madison
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


Supreme Court of the United States
Argued February 11, 1803
Decided February 24, 1803
Full case name
William Marbury v. James Madison, Secretary of State of the United States

Section 13 of the Judiciary Act of 1789 is unconstitutional to the extent it purports to enlarge the original jurisdiction of the Supreme Court beyond that permitted by the Constitution. Congress cannot pass laws that are contrary to the Constitution, and it is the role of the Federal courts to interpret what the Constitution permits. (my emphasis)


Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (Cranch 1) 137 (1803) is a landmark case in United States law. It formed the basis for the exercise of judicial review in the United States under Article III of the Constitution.

This case resulted from a petition to the Supreme Court by William Marbury, who had been appointed by President John Adams as Justice of the Peace in the District of Columbia but whose commission was not subsequently delivered. Marbury petitioned the Supreme Court to force Secretary of State James Madison to deliver the documents, but the court, with John Marshall as Chief Justice, denied Marbury's petition, holding that the statute upon which he based his claim, the Judiciary Act of 1789, was unconstitutional.

Marbury v. Madison was the first time the Supreme Court declared something "unconstitutional," and established the concept of judicial review in the U.S. (the idea that courts may oversee and nullify the actions of another branch of government). The landmark decision helped define the "checks and balances" of the American form of government.



The SCOTUS , (being part of the third branch of our government).... means that the government does indeed have the authority to interpret what the founding Fathers meant when they wrote the Constitution.
Devil505
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: TLC-2000

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: samhill On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:35 pm

It says what it means. You have the right to own for home protection the best darn flint-lock or maybe even one of them there new fangled percussion rifles that you can afford.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:53 pm

jpete wrote:
Devil505 wrote: no one's guns or ammo WILL EVER be confiscated or your 2nd amendment rights ever be revoked.
If however, you believe that NO regulation of firearms is the proper way for any civilized group of people to avoid making rules to live together,


Which part of "shall not be infringed" didn't you understand when you took an oath to "preserve, protect, and defend"?

An armed society is a polite society......



So my right to buy a used nuke from the Russians is protected by the US constitution?

A nuke is clearly "arms".

You support the private ownership of Sarin? Weaponized anthrax? Both are clearly arms.

If you don't support my right to these things then we're having a conversation about where the line is drawn, not the existence of the line.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: cabinover On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:08 pm

ErikLaurence wrote:

So my right to buy a used nuke from the Russians is protected by the US constitution?

A nuke is clearly "arms".

You support the private ownership of Sarin? Weaponized anthrax? Both are clearly arms.

If you don't support my right to these things then we're having a conversation about where the line is drawn, not the existence of the line.


The items mentioned above would kill both your enemy and yourself if employed as a defense. As Homer Simpson would say, "I am so smart....SMRT."
cabinover
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:17 pm

cabinover wrote:
ErikLaurence wrote:

So my right to buy a used nuke from the Russians is protected by the US constitution?

A nuke is clearly "arms".

You support the private ownership of Sarin? Weaponized anthrax? Both are clearly arms.

If you don't support my right to these things then we're having a conversation about where the line is drawn, not the existence of the line.


The items mentioned above would kill both your enemy and yourself if employed as a defense. As Homer Simpson would say, "I am so smart....SMRT."



Moot point.

Either there are some arms that the government can make illegal or the the government cannot make any arms illegal.

If you agree that the the government can constitutionally restrict the private ownership of WMD then we're only having a discussion about WHAT they can ban, not IF they can ban.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:46 pm

samhill wrote:It says what it means. You have the right to own for home protection the best darn flint-lock or maybe even one of them there new fangled percussion rifles that you can afford.


Yes it does say what it means. And it does not say rifles, flintlocks, pistols or shotguns. It does not even mention firearms, it says ARMS. The founding fathers were aware there would be advances in weaponry, they wanted those advances available to the people. So if you have the steam and permits get yourself an F-22 Raptor or a field artillery piece, it is your right.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: jpete On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Devil505 wrote:I've read your question 3 times & I still don't get it??? :confused:
(What does that have to do with the phrase "shall not be infringed" being subject to interpretation??

(Owe.......& you forgot to throw in the obligatory dig involving DEA) :nono: :devil:


I'll type slowly so you can understand. "Infringe" means "infringe" as was posted above. As soon as you do ANYTHING that limits or restricts an individuals right to bear arms, then you violated the Constitution.

You can OWN anything you'd like. You want to have a small scale tactical nuke in your basement for all I care. If you can afford it, fine by me. If you USE it on me, then you've violated MY Constitutional right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happyness". You'd think someone who took an oath would understand that(<--mandatory personal attack ;) )

In your world "infringe" doesn't mean "infringe" because you don't want it to. You think SOME infringement is ok because you called it "regulation". Government favors this kind of double speak. Like when they say they aren't going to raise taxes but then introduce a bunch of new "fees" for a number of things. Just because you call it something different, doesn't make it so. I can call a cat a fish but so far, I've never found one that can breathe water. ;)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:53 pm

BillMarti wrote:mikeandgerry,

Who do you think is running the government now "The hippies from the 60's"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bill S.


That's what I'm talkin' about, baby!
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Trash talking right wing media lies claim 3 police officers

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:00 pm

coaledsweat wrote:
samhill wrote:It says what it means. You have the right to own for home protection the best darn flint-lock or maybe even one of them there new fangled percussion rifles that you can afford.


Yes it does say what it means. And it does not say rifles, flintlocks, pistols or shotguns. It does not even mention firearms, it says ARMS. The founding fathers were aware there would be advances in weaponry, they wanted those advances available to the people. So if you have the steam and permits get yourself an F-22 Raptor or a field artillery piece, it is your right.


permits?

What permits?

A permit can be denied, hence infringing on my rights.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket