The Citizens voice has and excellent archive here: http://www.citizensvoice.com/judges/
As it stands now:
- Guilty Pleas in Luzer County Government
- Former Judge Mark A. Ciavarella Jr has pleaded guilty.
- Former Judge Michael T. Conahan has plead guilty.http://citizensvoice.com/articles/2009/02/13/news/wb_voice.20090213.t.pg3.cv13cdpleamain_s1.2301923_top2.txt
First came the fingerprints, then the mug shot, then the guilty plea to accepting $2.6 million inkickbacks with his fellow Luzerne County judge and co-defendant Michael T. Conahan. Still to come was a gauntlet of news cameras and jeering, hooting citizens waiting outside the federal courthouse.
- Former County Court Administrator William T. Sharkey Sr. has http://www.citizensvoice.com/articles/2009/02/18/news/wb_voice.20090218.t.pg3.cv18cdjudgessharkey_s1.2312647_top2.txt plead guilty to embezzling $70,000.
- Former Luzerne County juvenile probation official Sandra M. Brulo pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice for altering a court document after being named in a lawsuit after the proverbial *censored* hit the fan.
- School District Corruption
- Pittston School District
- Pittston Area School District Superintendent Dr. Ross Scarantino http://citizensvoice.com/articles/2009/04/16/news/doc49e75b9d6df48513463531.txt charged with taking thousands of dollars in kickbacks
- Wilkes-Barre Area
- Wilkes-Barre Area School Board Member http://www.citizensvoice.com/articles/2009/04/21/news/doc49edeb31693b7509049158.txtBrian Dunn charged with accepting kickbacks for teacher jobs and contracts.
- Jim Height another Wilkes Barre School board director agrees to plead guilty. http://citizensvoice.com/articles/2009/05/19/news/wb_voice.20090519.t.pg4.cv19cdheight_s1.2533768_top2.txt link
- Pittston School District
- Former Luzerne County Prothonotarry Jill A. Moran has resigned and is http://citizensvoice.com/articles/2009/02/25/news/wb_voice.20090225.t.pg4.cv25cdjudgesmoran_s1.2329744_top2.txt cooperating with the investigation .
- Coming to a theater Near You!
- Former Judge Ann Lokuta recently removed from the bench http://citizensvoice.com/articles/2009/03/26/news/wb_voice.20090326.t.pg4.cv26cdjudgeslokuta_s1.2399917_top2.txt has new life and the decision is being reconsidered due to the corruption probe, the main witnesses against here are the people listed above.
- Currently they are investigating case fixing in insurance cases that may a involve other Judges beside the two who have already plead guilty.
These are just the highlights, this case if it were a movie would not be written as it would be unbelievable and that is not an exaggeration. We have corrupt judges, bribery, alleged extortion, embezzlement, case fixing, alleged fixed hiring practice for teachers and the list is growing. The word is the FBI has brought in extra agents as they keep on digging. The axe is going to fall soon and it's going to fall on a lot of people.