There has been mention of putting a reostat on the vent motor on some other threads I've been following.
My concern would be that if you got the draft too low, that you could end up with Carbon Monoxide getting out of the stove and into the house.
I had a friend who ran his generator in his garage during power outages, well, during one really nasty winter storm he decided to lower the garage door down to about a 6" opening, he blocked it open that way. He and hs family died from the CO. Pretty tragic.
So with that in mind, if you can purchase or borrow a draft meter, and figure out how low you can safely run the vent motor, then I'd give it a try. But without making sure the stove is safe, it's not worth it.
Last edited by LsFarm
on Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.