Obama sows seeds of demise

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: KLook On: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:45 pm

Wasn't that for a James Bond movie? :lol: :lol:

Kevin

Out for the night boys and girls, golf at daylight.
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: samhill On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:04 am

I`m sure that someone knows exactly whats in that vault. My question is whats not in the vault, I know that during the V.N. war a lot of gold was shipped out & I believe from the gulf wars also I wonder what happened to that?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: tvb On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:25 am

brckwlt wrote:
KLook wrote:Our money is currently "fiat" money. It is only worth one dollare because the gov says it is. It used to be based in the gold standard and the silver standard. I read awhile back that in 1964 we had 15.3 Billion in gold in the federal reserve and we did not own one ounce of it because we had borrowed more then that from foriegn gov. It was in a video put up by one of the members here. We have been hughely in debt for many many years.

Kevin



i understand we have huge debt. but are you saying we dont own any of our own gold?


Obama made it all into bling and gave it away to the undocumented immigrants.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III


Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: jpete On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:29 am

tvb wrote:Obama made it all into bling and gave it away to the undocumented immigrants.


Are you that sensitive that you see everything as an attack on your Messiah? We weren't talking about him here.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: tvb On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:30 am

jpete wrote:
brckwlt wrote:
KLook wrote:Our money is currently "fiat" money. It is only worth one dollare because the gov says it is. It used to be based in the gold standard and the silver standard. I read awhile back that in 1964 we had 15.3 Billion in gold in the federal reserve and we did not own one ounce of it because we had borrowed more then that from foriegn gov. It was in a video put up by one of the members here. We have been hughely in debt for many many years.

Kevin



i understand we have huge debt. but are you saying we dont own any of our own gold?


In order for us to go back to the gold standard, and cover the amount of money out there right now, gold would have to be roughly $6000/ounce.

As to how much, if any gold we still have, no one knows. They don't allow people into Fort Knox. I think it was sometime in the 70's was the last time anyone saw the inside of the vault.


That's not really true. The US gov't owns lots of bling and knows exactly where it is and how much it is worth right down to the last penny.

http://www.fms.treas.gov/gold/current.html
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: KLook On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:30 am

Ditto to that jpete.

Kevin

And tvb sounds like the liberal that stated that the money was going to come from "funds". No sure where they are just funds.
Last edited by KLook on Fri May 01, 2009 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: tvb On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:31 am

jpete wrote:
tvb wrote:Obama made it all into bling and gave it away to the undocumented immigrants.


Are you that sensitive that you see everything as an attack on your Messiah? We weren't talking about him here.


My goodness, I must have misread the title of this thread. I guess it really says "Bushco sows seeds of demise". :roll:
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: KLook On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:41 am

And according to that we are down 5 billion since 1963 or so. And how is that relevant when we have fiat money anyway? And how does that help considering the enormous debt we are incurring under the O? $100,000,000.00 a day in interest alone? There is not enough gold in the world to help us out.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: jpete On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:50 am

tvb wrote:That's not really true. The US gov't owns lots of bling and knows exactly where it is and how much it is worth right down to the last penny.

http://www.fms.treas.gov/gold/current.html


Then why won't they let anyone see it? Several members of Congress have asked over the years and the answer is always "No".

Oh that's right....you believe anything the government tells you. Like "I gave a tax cut to 95% of Americans" and "I don't want to nationalize everything"
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: tvb On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:54 am

Where's your evidence they won't let anyone see it?
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: KLook On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:55 am

Wheres your evidence that it is there?

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: tvb On: Fri May 01, 2009 8:57 am

Strawman much?
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: KLook On: Fri May 01, 2009 9:18 am

I assume that is a comment towards my following up on your answer to jpete. If so, I would say not any more then you do with Stokingful.

Kevin
KLook
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF 3000
Coal Size/Type: rice, bagged, Blaschak
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman (Back In Maine)
Stove/Furnace Model: VF 3000

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Fri May 01, 2009 10:35 am

samhill wrote:I`m sure that someone knows exactly whats in that vault. My question is whats not in the vault, I know that during the V.N. war a lot of gold was shipped out & I believe from the gulf wars also I wonder what happened to that?


The US has more than twice the gold reserves of the next closest holder, Germany.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Official_gold_reserves
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: brckwlt On: Fri May 01, 2009 4:11 pm

tvb wrote:
jpete wrote:
tvb wrote:Obama made it all into bling and gave it away to the undocumented immigrants.


Are you that sensitive that you see everything as an attack on your Messiah? We weren't talking about him here.


My goodness, I must have misread the title of this thread. I guess it really says "Bushco sows seeds of demise". :roll:


no it definitely says obama sows seeds of demise.
brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130