Obama sows seeds of demise

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Sun May 03, 2009 12:00 am

Recall that our invasion of Iraq was in response to Saddam's failure to comply with UN 1441. While the UN was willing to pussyfoot around for another decade, the US had prosecuted the first Gulf War in support of its strategic allies, namely Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Israel. The US feared a rekindle of Saddam's belligerent assaults on US allies and interests. After 9-11 the US was in no mood to take chances with the safety of the US.

Saddam had for years bullied its neighbors and citizens, e.g. Iran, Kuwait, Saudi, and the Kurds and Shiites. The US complied with the UN resolutions stopping short of taking Baghdad. That was a mistake but we respected the UN and the rest of the world in exchange for its help. It's a pity because it was an error that would get us into the war with Iraq costing us lives, money, and erroneously, our respect abroad.

We had plenty of intelligence with regard to WMD over many years and three administrations: the CIA, other intelligence services, Saddam's claims and his actual use of WMD on his own people and Iran. He delivered an unprovoked attack on Kuwait and during the war on Israel. There was considerable patience displayed toward him in requesting inspection compliance pursuant to our terms of surrender.

The lessons to take from this are: prosecute wars infrequently but viscerally when necessary. Had we done that we would have avoided the second guessing and pain of the Iraq war.

The fact is, GWB did a great job, but the circumstances of his election and the lack of fair play by the left and its press corps fomented hatred for GWB and everything he did. He could have been Jesus Christ himself and his actions would have been derided. I hold the leftists from all western nations fully accountable for the Iraq war itself. Without their incessant carping in support of the enemy, US wars would be swift, just, and absolutely decisive.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: LsFarm On: Sun May 03, 2009 6:48 am

MikeandGerry : That is right on the mark, correct and the whole truth. Thank you!

With some conservative news reporting GWB would not have been burned at the stake by the Leftist media. I agree that he did a good job, but
suffered from heavily slanted news reporting. If any of our former presidents had to undergo the same scrutiny and selective left leaning reportingm
they would be hated as well.


Greg L
LsFarm
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Self-built 'Big Bertha' SS Boiler
Baseburners & Antiques: Keystone 11, Art Garland

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sun May 03, 2009 8:45 am

Horse manure.

Dubya had a gigantic, um, "urge" to take down Saddam for plotting against his old man. So he had the deck stacked to invade Iraq, when neither Osama nor ANY of the 9/11 terrorists had come from there. With the combined results that we both broke and bought Iraq, and shot our int'l cred to hell in the process. COWMA. ("Coalition of the Willing, My Ass.")

And don't forget the epilogue: the other two members of Dubya's "Axis of Evil," Iran and N. Korea, have since that time openly marched toward development of nuclear capability without us so much as laying a velvet glove on them. And why not? When have we invaded a nuclear-capable nation? Now there's the Law of Unintended Consequences on exhibit for ya.

If a Democrat had so badly botched foreign policy, you wingnuts would burn him in effigy. Why, you'd probably call him ... Jimmy Carter! :lol:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace


Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: jpete On: Sun May 03, 2009 9:10 am

LsFarm wrote:MikeandGerry : That is right on the mark, correct and the whole truth. Thank you!

With some conservative news reporting GWB would not have been burned at the stake by the Leftist media. I agree that he did a good job, but
suffered from heavily slanted news reporting. If any of our former presidents had to undergo the same scrutiny and selective left leaning reportingm
they would be hated as well.


Greg L


What do you call Fox News? They were the official WH media outlet. And as I am constantly reminded, yet still can't figure out, Fox has higher ratings than MSNBC or CNN.

The neo-cons had plenty of opportunity to get their message out. Rupert Murdoch even bragged how HE was responsible for the Iraq War by suppressing any stories that might turn public opinion against the war.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sun May 03, 2009 9:14 am

S'full, you are so full of *censored* I can smell you through the internet. Watch this and then please respond. I guess that idiot evil Bush made them all say these things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4m1QB_6 ... re=related
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: jpete On: Sun May 03, 2009 9:17 am

stockingfull wrote:And don't forget the epilogue: the other two members of Dubya's "Axis of Evil," Iran and N. Korea, have since that time openly marched toward development of nuclear capability without us so much as laying a velvet glove on them. And why not? When have we invaded a nuclear-capable nation? Now there's the Law of Unintended Consequences on exhibit for ya.


Gee, I'm not the only person who noticed that? ;)
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sun May 03, 2009 9:25 am

The Israels will take care of Iran, any day now. Stay tuned.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sun May 03, 2009 10:21 am

coalkirk wrote:S'full, you are so full of *censored* I can smell you through the internet. Watch this and then please respond. I guess that idiot evil Bush made them all say these things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4m1QB_6 ... re=related


Bump for sfull
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: spc On: Sun May 03, 2009 10:43 am

coalkirk wrote:
coalkirk wrote:S'full, you are so full of *censored* I can smell you through the internet. Watch this and then please respond. I guess that idiot evil Bush made them all say these things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4m1QB_6 ... re=related


Bump for sfull


Good luck, still waiting for a reply from over a year ago. :lol:

Appeal To Your Intelligence/Logic
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sun May 03, 2009 10:49 am

coalkirk wrote:S'full, you are so full of *censored* I can smell you through the internet. Watch this and then please respond. I guess that idiot evil Bush made them all say these things.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4m1QB_6 ... re=related

OK, "Today" at the end of the clip was November 11, 2005. So this vid came before both the 2006 and 2008 election campaigns. Guess it didn't work then, either, right?

Now, how 'bout you watching this one from April 2007:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7xyd_IRgGs&feature=related
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sun May 03, 2009 10:53 am

stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sun May 03, 2009 10:56 am

stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: brckwlt On: Sun May 03, 2009 11:03 am

brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sun May 03, 2009 11:08 am

So you have no intelligent response to prominent democrat after prominent democrat stating that based on the intellligence they were privy to, including during the time when Clinton was still in the White House, that Saddam had WMD's and plans to use them. In the time that Clinton was playing footsie with him the WMD's were either moved (to Syria), hidden or destroyed. Let's hear it direct from Clinton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQmYr2qBOA
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: Obama sows seeds of demise

PostBy: stockingfull On: Sun May 03, 2009 11:17 am

coalkirk wrote:So you have no intelligent response to prominent democrat after prominent democrat stating that based on the intellligence they were privy to, including during the time when Clinton was still in the White House, that Saddam had WMD's and plans to use them. In the time that Clinton was playing footsie with him the WMD's were either moved (to Syria), hidden or destroyed. Let's hear it direct from Clinton. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XQmYr2qBOA

Oh, now who's judging intelligence, coalsmartypants? :roll:

The facts are that Bush had the deck stacked after 9/11 to conceal his gross inattention to his own intelligence during his month-long Aug 2001 vacation and, while at it, to avenge Saddam's attempt on his father. And that he used that highly-charged post-9/11 atmosphere to crank up the propaganda against Iraq and to intimidate Congress, in the run-up to the 2002 elections, into both passing the "USA Patriot Act" and falling into line giving him the War Powers resolution that he said he wouldn't use.

All lies.

But, what a surprise that "you can't handle the truth." 8-)
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace