Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: 009to090 On: Mon May 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Perhapse I should post this under the "Wanted" thread. But I am in need of a bolt for my old Mossberg 146B .22LR.
Does anyone know a good dealer with access to Mossberg parts? I checked a couple of online web sites that sell gun parts, but knowone seems to have a complete bolt for this rifle. I've had this rifle since I was a boy, and it has more of sentimental value then $ value.
The old bolt is really worn out badly from 1000's of rounds of firing over the years. The chamber and barrel are just fine.
Time to get it tuned up.
Thanks.
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: RMA On: Mon May 04, 2009 9:53 pm

The good thing about a Mossberg like that is there are so many around you should be able to replace the whole gun for $ 50-100...

But if you just want the part then you can try
Numrich Arms in West Hurley NY might help:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/
or Sarco in Sterling might get you headed in the right direction:
http://www.sarcoinc.com/

Bob
RMA
 

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: 009to090 On: Mon May 04, 2009 10:07 pm

RMA wrote:The good thing about a Mossberg like that is there are so many around you should be able to replace the whole gun for $ 50-100...

But if you just want the part then you can try
Numrich Arms in West Hurley NY might help:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/
or Sarco in Sterling might get you headed in the right direction:
http://www.sarcoinc.com/
Bob


Thanks Bob, e-gunparts did not have one. I like that site.
I'll give sarcoInc a call. They don't have an online site yet. Coming in June.
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice


Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: RMA On: Mon May 04, 2009 11:09 pm

Needing that bolt, as you do, would be reason enough to visit the great Pennsylvania gun shows !

Some years ago I enjoyed the shows at the Allentown Fair Grounds.

I'm a .22 caliber nut :wacko:

Good luck...You'll find it...I'm sure


Bob
RMA
 

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: 009to090 On: Tue May 05, 2009 7:42 am

RMA wrote:Needing that bolt, as you do, would be reason enough to visit the great Pennsylvania gun shows !
Some years ago I enjoyed the shows at the Allentown Fair Grounds.
Bob


Good idea! Sounds like a road trip! :D I'm 30 minutes from Allentown, so maybe I'll see ya there. :rambo:
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: coal berner On: Tue May 05, 2009 1:45 pm

DVC500_at_last wrote:
RMA wrote:Needing that bolt, as you do, would be reason enough to visit the great Pennsylvania gun shows !
Some years ago I enjoyed the shows at the Allentown Fair Grounds.
Bob


Good idea! Sounds like a road trip! :D I'm 30 minutes from Allentown, so maybe I'll see ya there. :rambo:

Try this place Greg might have one they have been in the Guns & Parts business for over 40 years if he don't have one
he will know where to get one http://web2.userinstinct.com/38582163-e ... n-shop.htm
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: Bulldogr6 On: Tue May 05, 2009 7:58 pm

This guy is down the street from me he may be able to help.

http://www.gunsnparts.com/
Bulldogr6
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harmon Magnum
Baseburners & Antiques: Station Agent 24
Coal Size/Type: Rice & Nut

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: 009to090 On: Tue May 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Good stuff! I got inquiries in with these dealers. I'll let you know which one can get the bolt.
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: Cyber36 On: Wed May 06, 2009 1:30 pm

DVC500, please let me know if you turn up dry. I may have another lead..........
Cyber36
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Marathon/Logwood

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: 009to090 On: Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Cyber36 wrote:DVC500, please let me know if you turn up dry. I may have another lead..........


So far, knowone has a new bolt for my Moss 146B .22LR , so I'm still lookin' :cry:
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: coal berner On: Wed May 06, 2009 2:57 pm

DVC500_at_last wrote:
Cyber36 wrote:DVC500, please let me know if you turn up dry. I may have another lead..........


So far, knowone has a new bolt for my Moss 146B .22LR , so I'm still lookin' :cry:

It is going to be tuff the 146-B were only made from 1949 to 54 The 146B - A 1954 to 58 is the same bolt differents is barrel & sight. I have the 144LS model full target rifle. No luck with Greg at Empire Gun Shop / Parts
Last edited by coal berner on Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed May 06, 2009 3:20 pm

Find a copy of the Shotgun News, somebody in there has them or can repair yours.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: 009to090 On: Wed May 06, 2009 3:59 pm

coal berner wrote:It is going to be tuff they were only made from 1949 to 54 The 146B - A is the same bolt differents is barrel & sight.
I have the 144LS model full target rifle. No luck with Greg at Empire Gun Shop / Parts


For some reason, I thought mine was made the same year I was born; 1958. But you are right, that would make it a 146B-A, which it is not. Yes, a bolt for the B-A will work, they are identical to the 146B bolt.

I haven't called Greg yet, Still checking out local sources. I guess if he has one and can mail it out, it doesn't matter if he is local or not.

I have gotten parts from E-Gunparts in the past, but it looks like they are not refilling inventory for 146B parts. They say they no longer have a source for parts.
This little rifle is so friggen accurate, I hate to have to retire it. I taught my wife how to shoot with this one, and will use it to show my 7 year old son how to shoot. I haven't let her try the Remington 760 30-06 yet :woot: She holds it and says it's just as light as the Mossberg .22, so why can't she try it? Keep in mind, she's 60" tall on a good day, and around 100lbs (or used to be), so you know where she'll be sitten after she pulls the trigger. :D I gotta live with her, so I'm not gonna let that happen.
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: mozz On: Wed May 06, 2009 5:08 pm

I've got a 144lsb here somewhere and it needed parts but i don't remember what. Or maybe i misplaced the clip? It was a heavy barrel with a peep sight.
mozz
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 1982 AA-130 Steam

Re: Anyone know of a good rifle parts dealor?

PostBy: coal berner On: Wed May 06, 2009 11:54 pm

mozz wrote:I've got a 144lsb here somewhere and it needed parts but i don't remember what. Or maybe i misplaced the clip? It was a heavy barrel with a peep sight.

correct a bench model
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520