Free Chikin

Free Chikin

PostBy: cArNaGe On: Tue May 05, 2009 10:52 pm

http://www.unthinkfc.com


http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/200...coupon-download
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.



Get your free 2 piece meals! 4 of them!
cArNaGe
 

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Wed May 06, 2009 8:50 am

Yep max allow print is 4. Hope Oprah doesn't call about her coupon printer software...

KFC was giving away free samples of this new Grilled Chicken this coupon is for and I can say it is really tasty! LJ's and KFC are the only fast grub i go to a few times a year. It gets tougher all the time to put up with the ignorance behind the cashier or drivethru these days... ;)
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: ceccil On: Wed May 06, 2009 1:42 pm

I changed the # of copies to 5 and it printed fine. I'm lucky, there's a KFC about 5 blocks away.

Poconoeagle wrote:It gets tougher all the time to put up with the ignorance behind the cashier or drivethru these days...


I know what you mean, My son and I went to another FFood joint a couple of weeks ago. I placed the order for my son and myself to eat in and an order for my wife to go. He could't get it through his head to ring it up all together and just bag up the part of the order that was to go. :shock: He said he would have to ring them up seperate. I was paying with my debit card and he would have to charge it 2X's. The manager was standing there and looked at him and I know what she was thinking. (What the H@#ll are you talking about.) She then had to explain to him to ring it all up and bag the to go portion seperate.
Makes you wonder what they are teaching in school today.

Jeff
ceccil
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Mark III


Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: ceccil On: Wed May 06, 2009 1:54 pm

My bad, figured out what you meant by 4. :oops: :)

Jeff
ceccil
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Mark III

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Wed May 06, 2009 3:11 pm

ceccil wrote:I changed the # of copies to 5 and it printed fine. I'm lucky, there's a KFC about 5 blocks away.

Poconoeagle wrote:It gets tougher all the time to put up with the ignorance behind the cashier or drivethru these days...


I know what you mean, My son and I went to another FFood joint a couple of weeks ago. I placed the order for my son and myself to eat in and an order for my wife to go. He could't get it through his head to ring it up all together and just bag up the part of the order that was to go. :shock: He said he would have to ring them up seperate. I was paying with my debit card and he would have to charge it 2X's. The manager was standing there and looked at him and I know what she was thinking. (What the H@#ll are you talking about.) She then had to explain to him to ring it all up and bag the to go portion seperate.
Makes you wonder what they are teaching in school today.

Jeff



It must be politically correct Not to teach common sense in school. :D
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: brckwlt On: Wed May 06, 2009 3:39 pm

it keeps saying the server is to busy and its pissing me off, i want my free chicken
brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: ceccil On: Wed May 06, 2009 6:53 pm

Somewhere it said they were getting a lot of hits for the coupons. Just keep trying. I must have hit it at the right time. I printed 4 from my laptop, 4 from our desktop and still have 4 to do from my wifes laptop. I'll be sick of it before I use them all up. :D

Jeff
ceccil
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Mark III

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: brckwlt On: Wed May 06, 2009 8:20 pm

ceccil wrote:Somewhere it said they were getting a lot of hits for the coupons. Just keep trying. I must have hit it at the right time. I printed 4 from my laptop, 4 from our desktop and still have 4 to do from my wifes laptop. I'll be sick of it before I use them all up. :D

Jeff


i was able to connect then later after a millions trys. then the wife and i went to kfc and waited in line 20 minutes with all the other people that had coupons for free chicken. The grilled chicken was so much better then their regular chicken. very good
brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: VigIIPeaBurner On: Thu May 07, 2009 12:05 am

VigIIPeaBurner
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker Koker
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Casting Vigilant II 2310
Other Heating: #2 Oil Furnace

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: 009to090 On: Thu May 07, 2009 12:19 am



My coupon does not end in 1234. Heres a pic of it.....
coupon.jpg
(105.39 KiB) Viewed 38 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]12763[/nepathumb]
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: ceccil On: Thu May 07, 2009 7:23 am

The 1st one I printed did end wih 1234, after that they were all different.

Jeff
ceccil
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Mark III

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: ceccil On: Thu May 07, 2009 1:45 pm

Just my luck. The local KFC here is not going to carry the grilled chicken. :mad: They do not have enough room for the grill they say. They are honoring the coupons on their regular chicken though. I guess beggers can't be choosers. Oh well, free is free.

Jeff
ceccil
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Mark III

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: Cyber36 On: Thu May 07, 2009 1:50 pm

Maybe Oprah will give up hers..............Naw, shes back on a diet again. Seafood. She sees food & eats it!! :P
Cyber36
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Marathon/Logwood

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: Horace On: Sat May 09, 2009 12:38 am

They already killed it. You have to get a raincheck, now.


http://www.kfc.com/coupons/raincheck.asp
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


The spin that he puts on this is a masterpiece of marketing.
Horace
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman ST8-VF8 / Frankenstove

Re: Free Chikin

PostBy: rockwood On: Thu May 14, 2009 12:11 pm

I think this was a gimick just to get people in the restaurant.
Here's my story.
I have my coupons, decided to try yesterday to redeem one even though I had heard they are probably still out. I get to KFC, see the poster on the door explaining rain checks due to overwhelming response.... I decide to go inside and get the rain check anyway, was told I needed to fill out paper with my address so new coupon could be mailed to me etc. After all this then get asked,,,so, do you want to order? I immediately said, NO I'm good thanks, and walked out. Obviously they knew the response would be huge and would run out of the free product and once people are in the restaurant they will just order something NOT FREE.
Think I'll ever get the coupon in the mail. :roll:
You're right Horace, this is a masterpiece of marketing.
rockwood
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Stokermatic coal furnace
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Rockwood Stoveworks Circulator
Baseburners & Antiques: Malleable/Monarch Range
Coal Size/Type: Soft coal: Lump and stoker (slack coal)