Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: wnyjim On: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:12 pm

I say if she is the best the Republicans have to offer run her.
I personally would like to see someone with some grip on reality run.
Been a long time since either party looked around to find someone who really represents and understands the real working class man and women.
Why not run Britney Spears and Paris Hilton too?
wnyjim
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Hot Blast Model 1500

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: brckwlt On: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Jeddbird wrote:Fear her??? ...The Democrats would probably be happy to fund all her political activities ......for life! (She's the best thing that's happened to the Democratic Party since FDR & JFK!)


I think you know the dems fear her. When the dems are terrified of a political opponent they do everything they can to destroy the person belittle them and make them seem stupid.

The dems know they would have no chance of beating her in the next pres election. Why do you think they liked mccain so much? because they knew he would be an easy opponent to beat in an election.

its just common sense when it comes to this one
brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:39 pm

The GOP running Sarah Palin would be about as effective as the Dems running Barney Frank.

Both of them are well liked by the extremes of their parties. Neither one of them have any appeal in the center where elections are won.

Palin probably cost McCain more votes in the center than she won him on the right.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket


Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: brckwlt On: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:50 pm

ErikLaurence wrote:Palin probably cost McCain more votes in the center than she won him on the right.



Palin was the reason millions of republicans even bothered to vote for john mccain

If very conservative republicans cant win elections then how did Reagan do it.
brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:36 pm

Some of the comments here, & in the media, just highlight the fact that we are rapidly approaching a time when the phrase "united we stand" will be as antique as a hand-sewn American flag MADE IN USA.

I, & everyone I know thinks Sarah Palin is like a long lost relative. I have more in common with her than ANY politician in my lifetime...... or the lifetime before me. To have her as president, to us, would be as close as we could ever get to perfection. And that's the truth.

The recent fad of liberalism that grows larger by the day, will sadly spell the end of our great country. It's already happening. A divided house cannot stand. Our collective views, which used to be one in the same 100 years ago, are becoming so widespread & divided that the only thing we have to look forward to in the future is unrest..... & as much as I hate to say it, a civil war. It's coming -- how can it not when your neighbor wants to save trees & animals........... & I want to burn them for heat & eat them!

Environmentalism (liberalism - one in the same) is KILLING this country. We can't do anything without being subject to RIDICULOUS environmental regulations -- which gives the upper hand to countries like China. The poor are forced to repair their old vehicles with money they don't have, just to..... "keep our air clean". Backyard mechanics can't go to the store & buy products they need to make a living. Liberals are beating the *censored* out of America, while giving an elixir to every foreign country capable of manufacturing a product that hold together until the consumer brings it home. GM failed partially because of stupid environmental rules & regs!!! :mad: No one I know wants to drive a stupid Prius! We all want V8's & rear-wheel-drive ......... why do you think SUV's have been so popular??? No one wants a cheap-*censored* econobox that breaks after 5 years. No one is buying American because the economy went to *censored* -- it's NOT because we DEMAND environmentally friendly SHITBOXES!!!!!!!!!!

I make the call it now -- it'll happen within the next 100 years. Mark my words.

I feel a little better now........
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: ray in ma On: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:28 pm

brckwlt wrote:How can you say she doesnt see the big picture. Her state unlike 95% of the other states in the country doesnt need bailout money and their govt doesnt operate in the red either. Imagine that, by having tax cuts and not spending money on stupid things like green BS and other lib programs alaska manages to stay out of the red and isnt going bank rupt like so many other places in the country. If anything sarah palin gets the big picture and passes it. She is only a different plane then the rest of the gov's in the nation. She needs to show all the other politicians how its done. they could learn more then a few things from her.

The only 2 reason Alaska is able to run the government in the black without bailout money is the population v.s the taxable income.
Perhaps she should share this with the other 49 states who pay the taxes of the oil companies that end up in her coffers.

And Smitty, have you noticed that its only 2 American car companies with their hand in your pocket? Ford was forced to take bailout but returned it pretty quick and is still making cars in Mexico and Canada (sorry folks they only assemble the vehicles in America to skirt some tax loopholes) This is the same reason Nissan, Subaru, Toyota etc have plants in this country and if the labor and pension costs are why GM is going under why isn't Toyota less expensive??

And before you myopically go and assign a label to me I would like you to know Mitt Romney was the Governor of the state I lived in and he was a joke, typical back slappin politician (yah you are going to say that the legislature was all democrats but he never once vetoed anything). I also voted for Mike Huckabee in the primary not that make me anything less than a concerned citizen. Locally our State Senator is Democrat and the Rep is a Republican and yes I voted for both of them not because I towing some ancient party line but because they do a GOOD JOB.

By the way if you do your research you will find the word Politics has a split origin, Poly from the Greek meaning Many,
Tics from a blood sucking insect.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, untill we get rid of the electoral college and go to a popular election we truly don't have a voice in our national leader. The media decides who will be the front runners and slants thier coverage accordingly.
If Obama wasn't on the ticket, Hillary would be our president but the media decided it would be more historic to have a black man rather than a white woman which probably also affects Palin's chance in '12
ray in ma
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Kodiak

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: SMITTY On: Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:58 pm

You know as well as I do that the Governor of MA is a scapegoat -- regardless of party affiliation -- for the corrupt-career-politician legislature that lies, cheats & swindles cash from the working class.

Think about how much money is in MA --- look around. You see nothing but BMW's, Lexus'es, Mercedes, hip-roof colonials -- now think about how much tax money they pay out. Now, think about how much tax money was brought in in 1970 when we had FREE TRASH pickup ( thank environmentalists for putting an end to that & creating 1 MORE BILL ), fully supplied & staffed school systems, & cutbacks of police & fire would have resulted in a public flogging of ANYONE who would dare suggest such a ludicrous idea!


WHERE THE F*** IS ALL OUR $$$ GOING?!?!?! Corrupt, crooked legislature. They make the mafia look like a bunch teenage girls. :|
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: BillMarti On: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:11 am

Hey Smitty I like your thinkin and agree with you but you need to take a pill and calm down I like to see ya hang around a while. You did hit the nail on the head with the liberals if they don't like the CONSTITUTION there's always canada.They been there done that and their health care sucks as is in the news admitted by their own people and England has even announced their leaning real hard towards capitalism and their health care sucks too oh yeah their the same country aren't they? Ain't nobody gonna pick my pocket to pay for BOs bad judgment on EVERY bill he's FORCED DOWN the us citizens throats and he's at it again with health care in which again he has no set plan on how to implement it come on any body surprised out there remember Gitmo still ain't figured that one out yet. But I can just hear the liberals that bush did it but explain this to me how did bush get the war approved when who ran the congress the last 4 years of his office..................The democrats so who do we thank for this the democrats my we have a short memory. So now we know the truth the democrats approved the wars finances and now both houses are controlled by who.................................. the democrats again and now we're over 4 billion in the hole knowing we didn't have the money in the fist place and now BO has the balls to announce to the public that the congress is out of control spending and it has to stop and if they don't have the money coming in then they can't spend money they don't have. After putting us in a deficit he knew we couldn't sustain now he sees the light wayyyyyy to late NO OTHER PRESIDENT HAS SUCCEEDED IN DOING THIS LET ALONE IN THEIR FIRST 100 DAYS what a credit to history but we know that will be ssshhhh rewritten. Name one thing BO has done to benefit anybody but to make the SS stronger which was his agenda all along. Let see who he controls the banks, the auto industry,CEO raises, AIG, states that accepted stimulus money and now he's attempting to take over the public school system is that another BO supporting union NEA like the UAW. Gee Smitty maybe I need to take a pill too.

Bill S.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: Paulie On: Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:47 am

Smitty, have you ever driven a Lexus? Fabulous in a tight jap car sort of way. I would not own one, but I live in MA.
How can that be? The difference between a republican and a democrat? The republican takes your money, and tells you
he is doing it. A democrat takes your money, and tries to hide the fact. Either one will take your $$$$
So, where does that leave us all? Well, Obama is trying to clean up the mess created by 25 years of deregulation.
From 1930 to 1980, this country under those very regulations, grew to be the largest economy in the world. After the Carter mess, which was oil embargoes and paying off the debt for the Vietnam war, Reagan got in and ran with it. The quick profits and easy money that came with each deregulation( and the concurring campaign contributions!) made it very
appealing to EVERY administration since Carter. Well, it all came to a head last summer......BOOM, freeze up. Whoops, every game needs RULES and a REF, or there will be cheating. So, now
Obama has to pump Bazillions into the system to prime the pump....but we do not have Bazillions, because W already blew the surplus. Start selling those notes! The gift of GM to the unions? Political pay back, no doubt. But what did they really
get? A failed company that will fail again. Hopefully, after the 50 billion is paid back.
The best we can hope for is to stabilize the economy, pay down some debt, figure out the energy thing( Anthracite!) .
Politics are just that, dirty and stinky. If you really believe that any one party is different or better than the other, hop in
the box, because you are a tool.
We all have more in common than not. And THAT will continue to bind the nation together. God Bless America and
buy a FORD.
Paulie
 
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:07 am

brckwlt wrote:



If very conservative republicans cant win elections then how did Reagan do it.


By running to the center and appealing to "Reagan democrats"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_Democrat
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Carter, Reagan, Bush, Obama....what difference does it make?

It's called the "Golden Rule" folks, "he who has the gold makes the rules" and in this case, the "gold" in question is the useless paper the Federal Reserve prints. You guys need to take that one last step to track the problem back to the source.

Read "The Creature from Jekyll Island" or go poke around http://www.mises.org and get an idea of where all these booms and busts come from. They aren't natural, and they aren't accidental. The Fed moves the economy when and how it wants. Period.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:11 pm

We could always go back to letting big business do whwtever they want to make a buck, but then we`ll have to live in company shacks & buy in a company store, go to a company doc if you want to go anywhere you`ll have to take a bus. It wasn`t all that long ago. If it was so good why doesn`t everyone want the good old days where you can work until you drop dead, have little or no health care, no pensions the big business will take care of everything.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:52 pm

samhill wrote:We could always go back to letting big business do whwtever they want to make a buck, but then we`ll have to live in company shacks & buy in a company store, go to a company doc if you want to go anywhere you`ll have to take a bus. It wasn`t all that long ago. If it was so good why doesn`t everyone want the good old days where you can work until you drop dead, have little or no health care, no pensions the big business will take care of everything.


You're right. We should all want to live in government provided housing, go to a government approved doctor, and work until we die because So So security is belly up.

Your story is about as close to "free market" as what we have now. The truth is, we have never been a free enterprise because government always has it's thumb on the scale.

But do you honestly believe that big business DOESN'T own the government NOW, just as much as they did in the age of the robber barons?

Where did BHO come up with half a billion dollars? That's not the proletariat cracking open it's piggy bank.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Why Democrats fear Sarah Palin

PostBy: brckwlt On: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:06 pm

ErikLaurence wrote:
By running to the center and appealing to "Reagan democrats"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_Democrat


I believe they are called reagan conservatives. And that is what every presidental candidate does. goes to the middle. Even Obama tried to make us believe he was right down the middle, when the truth is that he is the most liberal president this country has ever seen.
brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130