Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Are any of you'll following the lawsuits from current and former military members concerning the lack of an authenticated birth certificate for Obama?

I find it strange that I had to produce one at every major milestone in my life; getting my driver's license, getting my passport, my Army commissioning, my marriage, etc and yet Obama can't get his hands on one or is unwilling to produce it. I’m not talking about the photo copy of the photo copy that’s been flying around the internet. Without a doubt, Obama needs to produce the authenticated copy with the raised seal of Hawaii on it and submit it to Chief Justice Roberts. That would immediately shut any of us naysayers up! So why hasn’t he done so?

Check out this video link I saw on the Drudge Report. I don’t think this is going away anytime soon. A previous lawsuit was dismissed because the court said they didn’t have “legal standing.” That’s not missing in this case, as the military members’ “Commander and Chief,” this is an issue that needs to be resolved beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Lisa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1nmn2zRMc&e
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: spc On: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Anti-Obama GI's Afghan Orders Revoked:

California lawyer Orly Taitz says any service member may now refuse any order by questioning Obama's legitimacy.
"Do you know what this means?" Taitz asked in a telephone interview with Military.com Tuesday, about an hour after hearing from Maj. Stefan Cook, the officer fighting his deployment to Afghanistan. "It means the Obama administration has blinked. They have no cards to play with. The moment I filed a lawsuit, they didn't even fight!"
"anytime any Soldier, any Sailor, any Airman does not want to follow any orders, all he has to do is call an attorney and say 'I don't want to follow this order because I question the legitimacy of the commander in chief.' "

http://www.military.com/news/article/an ... 6032310810
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:33 am

Snopes has totally debunked the birth certificate thing. He has one. It's real.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/bi ... ficate.asp

A birth certificate doesn't make you an American citizen. His mother was American citizen, he's American.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket


Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: spc On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:16 am

"Snopes.com changes hospital of Obama's birth 90 minutes after WND.COM article but has no conclusive evidence of correction according to Wikipedia."

http://www.valuesvoternews.com/2009/07/ ... bamas.html
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:32 am

spc wrote:"Snopes.com changes hospital of Obama's birth 90 minutes after WND.COM article but has no conclusive evidence of correction according to Wikipedia."

http://www.valuesvoternews.com/2009/07/ ... bamas.html



"Values Voter News" ...

You're funny.

So some whack job blogger thinks Obama is a foriegn born muslim. No surprise there.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: Freddy On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:33 am

Geepers, my birth certificate does not have a seal, an embossment, or a stamp. It is the one given to my mother the day after my birth. Perhaps I'm not a citizen!!
Freddy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:22 am

When you join the military you swear an oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America, the comander in chief is at the very top of the chain of command & then it works its way until your superior issues you an order & you had sworn an oath to uphold those orders. Being that its an all volanteer service now perhaps these people( not soldiers IMO) should not have joined in the first place. I think its just grasping for straws to try & justify your bad judgement. How many times do you have to shoot a dead horse before your satisfied that its dead?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:24 am

Freddy wrote:Geepers, my birth certificate does not have a seal, an embossment, or a stamp. It is the one given to my mother the day after my birth. Perhaps I'm not a citizen!!


Boy, I hope you never have to get a government clearance or apply for a new passport in a hurry. Compare it to a trip to the DMV only nation wide. :( I would bet that you'd have to go through the State Bureau of Records and get one with the raised seal. If not count your blessings. Because of our ties with the military/government I've had to work with many different levels of governments on various issues (passports, marriage, schools, deaths and lawyers) and an authenticated BC has always been required. But don't worry, it may take a couple of months but if you were born in a hospital in the US after WWII these are relatively easy to come by; 5 bucks to the right office and it's yours. If you were born at home before then it may take longer but you can do it. My mother had to get one for my Grandmother (born 1900) to close out her estate in 1993. My husband had to produce one just this week so he could co-sign our daughter's educational loan. If Obama has one, produce it to the Chief Justice; he swore Obama in after all. That will shut us up. Issue closed; no further questions to be asked. Everyone else has to produce evidence that they are fully qualified for the job they are applying for; so should Obama. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:28 am

lowfog01 wrote:
If Obama has one, produce it to the Chief Justice; he swore Obama in after all. That will shut us up. Issue closed; no further questions to be asked. Everyone else has to produce evidence that they are fully qualified for the job they are applying for; so should Obama. Lisa


How about anyone providing an ounce of evidence that he is NOT a citizen? Foreign passport?

Frankly the birth certificate is moot. His mother was a citizen, he could have been born on the moon and be a US citizen.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:45 am

samhill wrote:When you join the military you swear an oath to defend the constitution of the United States of America, the comander in chief is at the very top of the chain of command & then it works its way until your superior issues you an order & you had sworn an oath to uphold those orders. Being that its an all volanteer service now perhaps these people( not soldiers IMO) should not have joined in the first place.


No one is "shooting a dead horse." Obama also took an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution clearly spells out the requirements of each job from Congressman, Senator and President. It clearly states in Article II that "No person except a natural born Citizen if the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of the President." I don't think it's too much to ask that we are provided definitive proof that this or any president meets those requirements. There is too much on the line for the country, especially with our troops. If they are expected to hold their oath to the upmost, why don't you ask the same thing from Obama? Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:56 am

ErikLaurence wrote:
How about anyone providing an ounce of evidence that he is NOT a citizen? Foreign passport?

Frankly the birth certificate is moot. His mother was a citizen, he could have been born on the moon and be a US citizen.


I don't agree that this is a moot point. Don't you remember that some individuals made a huge point of John McCain not meeting the requirement of being a native born citizen because he was born in Panama? It turns out that was a point moot because his birth was registered with the state department and the Department of Defense. That's what all children born overseas to US parents have to do to claim US citizenship. Without that or a authenticated birth certificate there is nothing proving this guy is a natural born citizen and can legally serve as the President. Just my point of view. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:00 am

lowfog01 wrote:
I don't agree that this is a moot point. Don't you remember that some individuals made a huge point of John McCain not meeting the requirement of being a native born citizen because he was born in Panama? It turns out that was a point moot because his birth was registered with the state department and the Department of Defense. That's what all children born overseas to US parents have to do to claim US citizenship. Without that or a authenticated birth certificate there is nothing proving this guy is a natural born citizen and can legally serve as the President. Just my point of view. Lisa


I'm happy you have your point of view. When you become a federal judge your point of view might matter.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:05 am

It was repeativey brought up during the campain & produced to the satisfaction of both parties & all involved so I think that it is shooting a dead horse. Their is no question to my knowlege that his mother was a U.S. citizen so he would be one just by that. I only have copies of my birth certificate so perhaps I`m not a citizen, but the U.S. Army seemed perfectly satisfied with it. They have been known to lie so I guess I`ll never know for sure unless I can find the real certificate & even then how would I know its mine?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: traderfjp On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:27 am

This is such a lame topic. You have a black president who is intelligent and cares about your country and all you can do is bring up this crap. I guess you miss Bush who was an idiot which he proved everytime he gave a speech.
traderfjp
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing 3

Re: Ongoing questions about Obama's birth certificate

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:18 am

Back on the original topic...

Unless the order was given directly from the CinC the soldier does not have the standing to question it. His commanding officer gave him a lawful order, he disobeyed. He should be court martialed.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket