Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: SMITTY On: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:02 am

How warped is this??????? :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
Last edited by Richard S. on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:24 am

This is only one Obamanation in this bill. Read it for yourself - we were actually able to slow the process down so that it could be put on line and read by the "WE, the people" before they voted on it. Hold your congressional representatives accountable! If you disagree with this "change" for America call your congressional representatives and let them know - go to a town hall meeting in your district this month - speak out. Don't be the frog in the pot of water! Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I

Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: spc On: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:28 pm

Daniel Hannan, a member of the European Parliament, on universal heath care.
Last edited by Richard S. on Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: <removed dead link>
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer


Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:59 am

Your right I don`t believe it. I would really like to be able to see for myself (the health bill proposal) to my knowlege it is still in the working & can be amended by adding to or taking away, if people were allowed to be informed & get questions asked it would help. Maybe not disrupting town hall meetings would help those of us that would like to make up our own minds instead of listening to others that have much to gain from the passing or failing of UHC. Their are a lot of lobyist & industries that are trying to foil this to better their own profits IMO if you believe everything is great with health care so-be-it. I believe that something has to be done, maybe not this plan but what we have doesn`t work, again IMO.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: franco b On: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:14 pm

samhill wrote:Your right I don`t believe it. I would really like to be able to see for myself (the health bill proposal) to my knowlege it is still in the working & can be amended by adding to or taking away, if people were allowed to be informed & get questions asked it would help. Maybe not disrupting town hall meetings would help those of us that would like to make up our own minds instead of listening to others that have much to gain from the passing or failing of UHC. Their are a lot of lobyist & industries that are trying to foil this to better their own profits IMO if you believe everything is great with health care so-be-it. I believe that something has to be done, maybe not this plan but what we have doesn`t work, again IMO.


You are right. The problem is that the drug and insurance companies will not let anything pass unless they make even more than they do now. Just like the drug program under Medicare. And they have enough politicians in their pocket to do it.

Richard
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: stovepipemike On: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:53 am

What scares me is the speed and urgency that has been created over this Health Care Bill. You might think we were on a wartime footing or something. I do not think that the elected individuals fully understand it themselves,hundreds and hundreds of pages coupled with a "ram it thru" approach cannot be equitable to the electorate.That my friend is bad decision making.We need to slow down,cool off and have a year or so to let the provisions of this see the light of day,and not the gloom of the secret dealings office. My $.02 [and we all know what $.02 is worth these days].
stovepipemike
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KAA-2

Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: beemerboy On: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:08 am

stovepipemike wrote:What scares me is the speed and urgency that has been created over this Health Care Bill. You might think we were on a wartime footing or something. I do not think that the elected individuals fully understand it themselves,hundreds and hundreds of pages coupled with a "ram it thru" approach cannot be equitable to the electorate.That my friend is bad decision making.We need to slow down,cool off and have a year or so to let the provisions of this see the light of day,and not the gloom of the secret dealings office. My $.02 [and we all know what $.02 is worth these days].


How much more time do you need. Remember that the Clinton Administration tried to pass health care reform, how long ago was that? 8? 10? years ago? That was killed off by the insurance companies then using fear tactics although, not quite so blatant.

Oh and as for good 'ol Fred Thompson: It might help to point out that in 2003, under G.W. Bush, the federal Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality published a report recommending Advance Care Planning, with detailed guidelines for practitioners. Nobody called that euthanasia.

Advance Care Planning is legal in almost every state; the bill in question merely allows health care providers to be paid by Medicare for counseling patients on this matter, should the patient request this service - it would not be mandatory.

See: http://notionscapital.wordpress.com/2009/08/07/obama-wants-to-kill-your-grandma/
beemerboy
 
Stove/Furnace Make: SAEY
Stove/Furnace Model: Hannover 1

Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: stovepipemike On: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:13 am

How ever long it takes to understand this proposed legislation,thats how much time I personally need,can't tell you what Congress needs but my guess is about the same.I am studying presently.
stovepipemike
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KAA-2

Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: rberq On: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:58 am

beemerboy wrote:Advance Care Planning is legal in almost every state; the bill in question merely allows health care providers to be paid by Medicare for counseling patients

Thank you for pointing this out, bboy. Equating voluntary advance directives with euthanasia is completely inaccurate. Those who know better but push the scare story anyway are willfully dishonest. I avoided responding to this ridiculous thread when it first appeared, in hopes that ignoring it would let it moulder away and die. Alas, that did not happen.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: Don't get old under Obamanation -- you won't believe this!

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:41 am

The longer it takes the more politicians can be bought by the Ins. Co.s they are the ones with the most to loose, thats why they were working against the doctors that were willing to work with the people on a cash basis.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75