*****I URGE YOU TO REMOVE THIS ARTICLE STATING USING A GENERATOR INDOORS IS SAFE. BELOW IS A ARTICLE FROM MICHIGAN ON WHAT CAN HAPPEN IF YOU ATTEMPT TO TRY THIS IN YOUR HOM******AGAIN I URGE YOU TO REMOVE THIS ARTICLE.
FENTON TWP., MI -- They didn't know until it hit them.
The deaths of a family of six -- the youngest not even 2 -- came quickly when they were overcome with carbon monoxide poisoning after a 10,000 Watt generator, powered by a 40-pound propane tank, was hooked up in the lower level of the Fenton Township home.
They appeared to have "dropped in their spots," Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell said.
The 39-year-old mother, Heather Quasarano, was found dead next to the baby's crib, Pickell said. Grant, who was almost 2, was found dead in his crib. The father, 35-year-old Leonard Quasarano was found dead next to the generator. The other children -- 11-year-old Luke, 9-year-old Brenden and 7-year-old Rachel -- were found around 2 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 21, in different rooms in the home in various states of activity, Pickell said.
"What we're dealing with it looks like -- with the carbon monoxide that is colorless and odorless -- that they're dropping in their spot. Usually you hear about it and they're in their sleep, but obviously these people were not sleeping," Pickell said. "There was activity going on in different rooms, so you know, just to see that, it's just something...I just kept seeing it."
He also said it took about 1.5 hours to air the home before authorities could safely enter.