New Theme and Old Theme

Opinions?

I like it!
11
41%
I want my fire back!
13
48%
Two pizzas to go please!
3
11%
 
Total votes : 27

New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:32 pm

Well I have a new logo and different background for the main page and most of the others on this site, we're going green. :P

Note that Coal related forums still have the original ones. I'll probably doing this with every section and adjusting the header to better utlize the space. It will give somewhat of visual cue as to where you're at.

------edit------

Here's whole picture if anyone is interested. It's the Susquehanna River just above Meshoppen, PA looking towards Meshoppen or south or down river however you wan to look at it. That's "The Love Rocks" on the right if you're familiar with the area and easier to see in the larger version up top. The bank to the left is an island and the main part of the river is actually on the other side which is why it's so narrow in the foreground and appears to trumpet out. It's actually quite wide at this specific spot but narrows considerably down river where you can see the shore on the left farther down.
Attachments
River_024.jpg
(217.94 KiB) Viewed 31 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]13891[/nepathumb]
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: Uglysquirrel On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:33 pm

Excuse my total stupidity, but what does NEPA stand for?
Uglysquirrel
 
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: 009to090 On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:38 pm

It looks good, but it looked good before. I'd like to see it skinnier/thinner? It really doesn't matter, but I'll take two Pepperoni & Onion, with extra cheese, please :D
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:40 pm

Uglysquirrel wrote:Excuse my total stupidity, but what does NEPA stand for?


It's commonly used as short term for Northeastern Pennsylvania. Actually the name was thought about extensively, and that was best fit that wasn't taken. Think about for second, everyone that ends up here is for product that is from NEPA. Then we have the Crossroads which is going to all points north, south, east and west. :idea: Nearly everyone on this forum lives in a state that touches Pennsylvania or nearly does and you could throw in Canada if you consider Lake Erie. It's known as the Keystone state for more than the resources. ;)
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:41 pm

Uglysquirrel wrote:what does NEPA stand for?

North East Pennsylvania.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:25 pm

Is there an echo in here? :P
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: 009to090 On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:31 pm

I change my vote. I kinda like alll the green now. Looks purdy.
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: coal berner On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:36 pm

Richard S. wrote:Well I have a new logo and different background for the main page and most of the others on this site, we're going green. :P

Note that Coal related forums still have the original ones. I'll probably doing this with every section and adjusting the header to better utlize the space. It will give somewhat of visual cue as to where you're at.

------edit------

Here's whole picture if anyone is interested. It's the Susquehanna River just above Meshoppen, PA looking towards Meshoppen or south or down river however you wan to look at it. That's "The Love Rocks" on the right if you're familiar with the area and easier to see in the larger version up top. The bank to the left is an island and the main part of the river is actually on the other side which is why it's so narrow in the foreground and appears to trumpet out. It's actually quite wide at this specific spot but narrows considerably down river where you can see the shore on the left farther down.

Yep when I seen it My first thought was are mayor gave in and went Greeen on us :P
I then looked closer I knew it was the river. behind the state symbol you can see the water running .
Thank God No greener :lol:
But you know me I am all about Anthracite Coal so you know what my choice is for the logo ;)
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: 009to090 On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:46 pm

coal berner wrote:But you know me I am all about Anthracite Coal so you know what my choice is for the logo ;)

J.C. should the logo be....
STIHL
009to090
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 HighBoy
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: DVC-500 x 2
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Rice

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 pm

Well if you really don't like it just don't visit home page:

Energy, Anthracite & Bituminous Coal, HVAC
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:00 am

Richard S. wrote:Well if you really don't like it just don't visit home page:

Energy, Anthracite & Bituminous Coal, HVAC

I really did not say I did not like it I Just said I like the coal better :D
And by the way I visit all the pages you know that
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:31 am

In the grand scheme I think it is a pro active way to express the anthricite benefit and difference as a cleaner source for those pro active enough to use it correctly as well as reap the best btu's around! 8-)
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:31 am

What happened to the Time in the logo
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:35 am

DVC500 at last wrote:
coal berner wrote:But you know me I am all about Anthracite Coal so you know what my choice is for the logo ;)

J.C. should the logo be....
STIHL

The STIHL Should be in black letters :P
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: New Theme and Old Theme

PostBy: Richard S. On: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:05 am

coal berner wrote:What happened to the Time in the logo


I'll be placing that somewhere.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite