your hero Rush

your hero Rush

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:39 am

Rush was on a segment of the today show where he actually said that he has nothing to do with the Rep. party, wouldn`t want to be the leader of it. He then said that hes an entertainer & is in it for the ratings & money. I find that hard to believe, all along I thought that he & all the other talk show hosts & politicos in both parties were just trying to do whats best for the country. I`m truely dissapointed. On another note for those of you that care he appears to have lost alot of weight since I last saw him & is looking quite fit.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:00 am

samhill wrote:Rush was on a segment of the today show where he actually said that he has nothing to do with the Rep. party, wouldn`t want to be the leader of it. He then said that hes an entertainer & is in it for the ratings & money. I find that hard to believe, all along I thought that he & all the other talk show hosts & politicos in both parties were just trying to do whats best for the country. I`m truely dissapointed. On another note for those of you that care he appears to have lost alot of weight since I last saw him & is looking quite fit.



I don't find it hard to believe at all. If you read him in the radio trade press he's been saying this for 20 years.

It's all schtick. It's an act. Point is if he thought he could make more money for himself by being a liberal, he would. He is perhaps the most cynical person in American media.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: tvb On: Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:42 am

I hear being on the radio helps you get good drugs too.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III


Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: pvolcko On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Just because he sees his role as that of an entertainer primarily doesn't mean he's lying about what he espouses as his core beliefs. He's bombastic and outspoken and sometimes a self parody, but I don't doubt for a minute that he believes to the core of his being in the principles and philosophies of conservatism and right of center politics and public policy. Where do you get the opinion that he's "faking" it?
pvolcko
 

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: Freddy On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:29 pm

Rush is a flaming idiot. He states his opinion as fact. Unless you research everything he says you might start thinking his crap IS fact,

I rarely listen to him, but, oddly, yesterday I caught 5 minutes of his show. Case in point: Yesterday he stated " The pig flu is not an epidemic, it is total politics" A lady phoned in and said she was not going to get a flu shot. Rush said " You are smart, have a brain, unlike all the people that...blah blahblah".

Quote from the news " Existing reports suggest the virus has caused more than 600 deaths and more than 9,000 hospitalizations since first being identified in April." As of today 76 children have died from H1N1...in a usual year, for the entire year, 30 tp 50 die from the flu. Sure, Rush, it's all politics. Usually his crap doesn't mean a thing, but with this each person that dies because he talked them out of a flu shot...their blood is on his hands.
Freddy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:18 pm

Freddy wrote:Rush is a flaming idiot. He states his opinion as fact. Unless you research everything he says you might start thinking his crap IS fact,

I rarely listen to him, but, oddly, yesterday I caught 5 minutes of his show. Case in point: Yesterday he stated " The pig flu is not an epidemic, it is total politics" A lady phoned in and said she was not going to get a flu shot. Rush said " You are smart, have a brain, unlike all the people that...blah blahblah".

Quote from the news " Existing reports suggest the virus has caused more than 600 deaths and more than 9,000 hospitalizations since first being identified in April." As of today 76 children have died from H1N1...in a usual year, for the entire year, 30 tp 50 die from the flu. Sure, Rush, it's all politics. Usually his crap doesn't mean a thing, but with this each person that dies because he talked them out of a flu shot...their blood is on his hands.


The definition of an epidemic is simply "a disease in greater numbers than expected". Given the hype that this flu virus has received about its potential, the numbers have actually been lower than expected. Technically Rush is right.

This virus has demonstrated very mild symptoms in most people and is very similar to the annual flu. Each year in the US the annual flu kills 30,000 people. August through mid September, 2009, H1N1 claimed 1544 lives.

Of course, all high risk individuals should get a vaccination if one is available. This is true for both the annual and the swine flu. But thusfar, the h1n1 flu hasn't given cause for alarm in proportion to the hype.

This swine flu always has the potential to become a pandemic. Warnings should be heeded and Rush shouldn't advise against the flu shot unless there is a greater risk.

From Wikipedia:

20th century flu pandemics
Pandemic Year, Influenza virus type, People infected (approx,) Deaths worldwide (est.), Case fatality rate

Spanish flu, 1918–19 A/H1N1[11][12], 33% (500 million)[13], 20 to 100 million[14][15][16], >2.5%[17]
Asian flu 1956–58 A/H2N2[11] 2 million[16] <0.1%[17]
Hong Kong flu 1968–69 A/H3N2[11] 1 million[16] <0.1%[17]
Seasonal flu* A/H3N2, A/H1N1, and B 5–15% (340 million – 1 billion)[18] 250,000–500,000 per year[6] <0.1%[19]

*Not a pandemic, but listed to compare the several flu strains endemic in humans which produce seasonal flu with the rare new strain that results in a flu pandemic



Rush is hardly a flaming idiot. Be careful of that "news" you are getting from the former mainstream media. They border on hysteria because they refuse to place information in perspective. There is a political bias and it is dangerous to us all. At least Rush tells you up front he is biased.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: beemerboy On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:29 pm

Freddy wrote:Rush is a flaming idiot. He states his opinion as fact. Unless you research everything he says you might start thinking his crap IS fact,

A lady phoned in and said she was not going to get a flu shot. Rush said " You are smart, have a brain, unlike all the people that...blah blahblah".


Maybe if enough of his listeners take his advice and die off, sanity will return to the Republican party.
beemerboy
 
Stove/Furnace Make: SAEY
Stove/Furnace Model: Hannover 1

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: samhill On: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:19 am

Your hero won`t have to burn coal to keep warm, his new contract is for somewhere around $400mil. But hes in it for the good of the country, the good of his estate out in the country.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: SMITTY On: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:45 am

What's your point? How much is your hero Obama pulling down, after you factor in all the ACORN & environmental organization kickbacks? What about the love of the liberal life Bubba Clinton & his mouthy wife (I know your knees quiver when you hear the name CLINTON uttered). Did he not recently have a $1000-per-plate dinner so all your crew could fawn all over him & tell him how wonderful he is? Or the most corrupt & crooked crook of them all, (but all libby lib libs think he walked on water ... when he DROVE in the water & took a human life!!!! :? ) Ted Kennedy, who's family rose into the political arena on mafia & bootleg fortunes & lived in a gigantic COMPOUND on the most expensive land on the planet???

Here's a fact that should shock you: I don't much care for Limbaugh. While I do agree with his core beliefs, his persona annoys me. There aren't too many celebrities that DON'T annoy me. I take what ANYONE says with a grain of salt. I TRUST NO ONE. MY hero's are the ones who DELIBERATELY left the easy life in America to put themselves in harms way to defend our way of life.

You libs are a riot! While your commander in chief's organization that he proclaims he was a part of, and received countless kickbacks from finally gets exposed trying to help smuggle in underage illegal immigrants, & not one of his crew has paid their taxes, or HAS NOT been a part of some 60's radical group, you start a thread bashing a talk radio show host!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :doh: FANTASTIC!!

Your country is going down in flames morally & financially, and you couldn't be happier. :? :?:

I think the title of this thread should be: A JOURNEY INSIDE THE BIZARRE LIBERAL MIND. DIDN'T THAT NICE MAN TELL YOU NOT TO EAT THE BROWN ACID???? :shock:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: Dann757 On: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:50 am

Look how we all fight amongst ourselves. We take a side and fight for it by typing on our comfortable keyboards in our comfortable homes. I want to try to rise above it, but it aint easy. Left wing statements make me shift from right of center to really right wing. Maybe it's population control instigated by the mass media. Set us against ourselves.

I like the right wing guys, my left wing friends won't listen to or agree with them. I like O'Reilly, Beck, Rush.


As for the H1N1- what is the percentage? 67 out of 300,000,000. .0002% Cigarettes 400,000, anybody in a panic about that?
Dann757
 

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: SMITTY On: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:01 am

Dann757 wrote:Look how we all fight amongst ourselves. We take a side and fight for it by typing on our comfortable keyboards in our comfortable homes. I want to try to rise above it, but it aint easy. Left wing statements make me shift from right of center to really right wing. Maybe it's population control instigated by the mass media. Set us against ourselves.


I often wonder that myself with all the outrageous laws being proposed on a daily basis in favor of the environmental left & against normal folks (like the fishing one that Black_and_Blue posted in another thread). It seems like it's done on purpose to rile us up, or see how far they can push. I hear what your saying -- I hate getting roped into these discussions because my blood boils!! I get to vent on the keyboard, but what use is that?

Gonna go for a ride to lower my blood pressure ..... before they make motorcycles illegal.... :roll:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: samhill On: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:12 am

Smitty! You don`t know me nor I you. I wouldn`t consider my self a lib, more center of the road, I like to do my own thinking & express my own opinion. Apparently I must have hit on a nerve, I tend to be a little hard on Rush simply because I know him from a long time ago in McKeesport. I didn`t like him then & like him even less now. I personally think that if you could investage everyone in politics(all sides) & throw out the ones that have tarnished pasts we would only need a one room schoolhouse for both the house & senate. To enlighten you a bit the country has been going down in flames for decades but I guess that doesn`t improve ratings so no one informed you.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: rberq On: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:19 am

SMITTY wrote:I hate getting roped into these discussions because my blood boils

I know what you mean. I feel like I have two personalities, one for the political discussions, one for talking about coal.
If I could help tear the country apart for my own financial benefit, would I go ahead and do it, like Rush? I don't have his talents, so I guess I will never know.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: Paulie On: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:37 am

Rush is an ENTERTAINER, through and through. Just ask his pharmacist ! He plays on the Conservative need for a voice. That is his MARKET. If the Liberals offered him a larger market, he would be the " voice of liberalism". It is a testament to
the condition of American education that grown adult taxpayers believe everything this guy says. Just like many people believing every word Obama says.
Democracy works best with THINKING people, not shallow reactionary judgments, I believe we can program our cell phones
to do that for us, and save the trouble of repeating the sound bites. Or, we can let Rush and ABC do it for us.
Political divisions are real, just not real fun. Instead of cooperation and problem solving we have name calling. Ah.....that gets a whole lot of NOTHING done.
Education is the key. If we do not know when we are being manipulated and for what reasons, then we are sheep, regardless of the color of our barns.
God Bless America, may she smarten up.
Paulie
 
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: your hero Rush

PostBy: cabinover On: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:56 am

But the educators cannot be trusted to not have their own union-based liberal slant either. The largest problem is that no one from either side will simply tell ONLY the truth, nothing more, nothing less. All the news/entertainment guys know this and play it up.

Wish I knew what the answer was but I have a hard time believing bowing down to every nation, whether it be Obama doing it or that retard Gibbs I watched do just that recently in a press conference, is going to help.
cabinover
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.