OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Duengeon master On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Black_And_Blue wrote:The Pope comments made me remember this wonderful product :

Hope on Rope
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Duengeon master
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:11 pm

I'm sorry this all blended together but I didn't want to spend the time figuring out how to unembed it.

rberq wrote:
lowfog01 wrote:... the blatant disregard for the Constitution. Yes, that pesky little document.
1. The federal government take over of private businesses. How do you like being a share holder in GM? Think you’ll ever see that money again?
Let's not forget that GM came begging, hat in hand, for the money. If the government bailed them out without taking part ownership, people would complain about the "giveaway". If the government did not bail them out, people would complain of all the jobs they could have saved, but didn't.

Lisa responded----So what, the governement still shouldn't have done it. Sometimes the answer has to be NO. GM should have been told to get it's act together and have been left alone. They would have been forced to change their business practices and move on as a smaller more competitive business. Painful, yes but what they did has only postponed the end of GM as we know it and wasted a whole lot of our money.

lowfog01 wrote:2. The attempt to federalize health care. Show me where Health care is even mentioned in the Constitution. That makes it a state matter.

Most insurance where I live, Maine, is with Aetna, headquartered in Connecticut. That makes it interstate commerce, a federal matter. (Weak, I admit. I have my own reservations about overuse of the commerce clause of the constitution.) However, I didn't hear Republicans in the Reagan-Bush-Bush administrations clamoring to shut down Medicare or the interstate highway system on constitutional grounds.

Lisa responded----As I said, I'm not a Republican. This is one of the things I disagree with them on. How can they consider this interstate commerce if insurance companies are not allowed to cross state lines to write policies in other states. That's bogus. Health care should be a state issue and companies should be allowed to cross state lines.

lowfog01 wrote:3. Establishment of a shadow government without congressionally mandated concurrence. 34 Czars, give me a break. Who are they, why are they qualified and who pays for them?
Sorry, I don't know exactly what you are referring to. I think it is called "management" -- the president can't personally oversee every agency, so it makes sense to delegate.

Lisa responded----That's what the cabinet is for. They are appointed with the concurrence of the Senate per the Constitution. Yes, every president has had their "kitchen cabinet" but Obama has 34 "czars that no one has vetted and no one knows anything about. If you are getting your news from multiple sources and breaking down what's true and what's not then you see that these czars are implanting adminstration policies that will impact your life. That's how the energy czar and the EPA are putting new regulations into effect that will curtail any new exploration of oil in the Gulf of Mexico. Did you vote for any of it or them? Did anyone?

lowfog01 wrote:4. Placing an individual who knew and did not report the statutory rape of a 15 year boy in charge of the Federal "safe school" office. The individual's own notes confirm this.
Sorry, again I am not familiar with this case. I wonder if there is more than one side to the story? At any rate, I doubt there are constitutional issues involved.

Lisa responded----This clearly a moral issue. I am sorry that you haven't been following this but then I know it hasn't been in the mainstream media. Check out the Washington Examiner on line to compare what they think is news to what the Washington Post thinks is news. You will be surprised. Anyway, this guy wrote - about this rape in the endosrement he wrote for a book. He fully admits knowing about it and brags that the young man left his office with a smile because of the advice he was given.

lowfog01 wrote:5. Spending 20 years in the congregation of a blatant racist. That is immoral to me.
If blacks had enslaved whites for hundreds of years in this country, and marginalized us for a hundred more, you and I might be engaging in some backlash ourselves. You are correct, it doesn't make it right, but it makes it understandable.

Lisa responded---It's not even understandable; for Pete's sake, when do I get to stop paying for the sins of others. Ophrah Winfrey was a member of that same church but when it started leaning racist she left the congregation and it didn't take her twenty years. No, Obama was where he thought he needed to be for his future political endevours.

lowfog01 wrote:6. Putting a gag order out on Aetna Insurance when they tried to tell their subscribers of the problems with the proposed Health Care plan.
Once more I plead total ignorance of the whole story. How did the administration go about quashing Aetna's freedom of speech? Did the Post Office refuse to deliver a company mailing? Did Congress pass some resolution telling them to shut up?

Lisa responded----No to all the above, Kathleen Seblis Secretary of the Health and Human Services sent out a letter to Aetna informing them to stop or she would blocked all government contracts that Aetna has with the government. It was effective and the mass mailings Aetna was doing was stopped. Aetna is one of the companies the Federal workers can chose from and to be banned from all government contracting would have meant the end of Aetna. The government had them under a barrell.

Would I get the full unvarnished truth if I listened more to Rush?


Lisa responded ---No because you can't accept what Rush or Beck or Hannity says as gospel either. You have to read and listen to a variety of sources each day to get a glimspe of what's going on. Then you have to take what you've heard and read and give it your own smell test. If it doesn't add up, keep digging until you feel comfortable with what you've been told.

Yeah, it takes time but what's going on in this country is too important to accept what they want you to believe at face value. Thanks for taking time to respond to my posting. I do enjoy a good discussion. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I



Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Duengeon master On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:24 pm

Duengeon master
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

lowfog01 wrote:Gee Erik – Don’t hold back - Tell us how your really feel about Beck. :) “He is too stupid to realize (or more likely too lazy to check) that the peace Carter got the prize for brokering was between Israel and Egypt and has lasted for 30 years (and counting).” Tell me are you able to hold a conversation without resorting to name calling or have you been in the ivory temple of academia for so long you’ve forgotten how to have a conversation with someone you can’t bully. It seems to me that maybe you don’t have such a convincing argument after all or maybe just maybe you’re not as smart as you think you are. Which is it? Lisa


First of all Lisa, I have not been in academia since 1987.

Which part of my argument do find not convincing?

Beck is publicly slandering an ex president and nobel peace prize winner.

I see 4 possible reasons for this.

1) Beck is too stupid to realize he is wrong.

2) Beck heard this somewhere and he is too lazy to check if it's correct before he spreads the information.

3) Beck knows it's a lie and he's saying it anyways because he is amoral.

4) Beck knows it's a lie but he figures his audience is so ignorant they'll just take his word for it.

Can you think of another reason?

Gee Lisa to have anything of substance to add to the conversation or do you just want to critique my argument?
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: mr1precision On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:59 pm

Erik, You're such an all knowing SNOT! Fact. :D
mr1precision
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:05 pm

what a nobel cat....
Attachments
wizzard.jpg
(34.12 KiB) Viewed 8 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]14622[/nepathumb]
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Let me do it! I like the funny hats.


Don't forget the smoking purse.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: jeromemsn On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:59 am

I wish I was smart enough to get a Nobel Peace Prize. Well since thats never going to happen maybe I could get smart enough to give them out. Lmao, I know, I know not in a million years. :lol: :lol: :lol:
jeromemsn
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker 90 dvc
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman elite fireplace insert

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:45 am

ErikLaurence wrote:
Which part of my argument do find not convincing?

I see 4 possible reasons for this.

1) Beck is too stupid to realize he is wrong.

2) Beck heard this somewhere and he is too lazy to check if it's correct before he spreads the information.

3) Beck knows it's a lie and he's saying it anyways because he is amoral.

4) Beck knows it's a lie but he figures his audience is so ignorant they'll just take his word for it.

Can you think of another reason?

Gee Lisa to have anything of substance to add to the conversation or do you just want to critique my argument?


Boy, (expression of frustration, not racism) you just don't get it do you? Every argument you make - including this response - is undermined because you can’t make it without resorting to name calling. I don’t know what else to say or how to get you to understand this. Name calling has no place in a discussion of any nature; whether you are 6 or 60. It shows you have no facts to base the discussion on and are replacing the facts with your opinion. There is too much of that going on in this country right now. It’s easy to call Beck stupid; he’s not here to defend himself. I’ll go out a limb here – I’m willing to bet you feel that I’m stupid, too. All because I don’t agree with your position on this or just about anything but you won’t say it. Let me assure you that the name calling says a lot more about your character then it does mine and it lessens the strength of any argument you put forth. Wake up and stop the name calling, support your position with facts. I’ll also bet you can’t do that either. Lisa

PS. By the way, the White House and any other organization Beck has taken on has never denied or provided evidence proving Beck wrong about anything other the accidental misnaming of Vancouver rather then Calgary when speaking of the cost of hosting the Olympics. That’s a fact. If you know of something back up your argument with facts not opinion.
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:46 am

Poconoeagle wrote:what a nobel cat....


That's great! My cat would eat me alive if I tried that. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:09 am

lowfog01 wrote:Boy, (expression of frustration, not racism) you just don't get it do you? Every argument you make - including this response - is undermined because you can’t make it without resorting to name calling. I don’t know what else to say or how to get you to understand this. Name calling has no place in a discussion of any nature; whether you are 6 or 60. It shows you have no facts to base the discussion on and are replacing the facts with your opinion. There is too much of that going on in this country right now. It’s easy to call Beck stupid; he’s not here to defend himself. I’ll go out a limb here – I’m willing to bet you feel that I’m stupid, too. All because I don’t agree with your position on this or just about anything but you won’t say it. Let me assure you that the name calling says a lot more about your character then it does mine and it lessens the strength of any argument you put forth. Wake up and stop the name calling, support your position with facts. I’ll also bet you can’t do that either. Lisa


I am not name calling. I am speculating about Beck's motivations for publicly stating obvious falsehoods. There's a big difference.



lowfog01 wrote:PS. By the way, the White House and any other organization Beck has taken on has never denied or provided evidence proving Beck wrong about anything other the accidental misnaming of Vancouver rather then Calgary when speaking of the cost of hosting the Olympics. That’s a fact. If you know of something back up your argument with facts not opinion.


What on earth does the whitehouse have to do with anything? I'm not defending the whitehouse in this thread.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:43 am

[ quote="ErikLaurence"

I am not name calling. I am speculating about Beck's motivations for publicly stating obvious falsehoods. There's a big difference.[/quote]

I'm sorry Erik, that's not how approximately 50% of the people on this forum would see it. What "obvious falsehoods?" If you know of any, tell us where to find them. Remember those "where do you fall politically" postings?" They clearly showed a political split on the forum that mirrors the country as a whole - just about 50/50. What you
refer to as speculation is clearly name calling to me and many others who visit here. You have presented no facts to support this "speculation"; it's just your personal opinion and name calling.

lowfog01 wrote:PS. By the way, the White House and any other organization Beck has taken on has never denied or provided evidence proving Beck wrong about anything other the accidental misnaming of Vancouver rather then Calgary when speaking of the cost of hosting the Olympics. That’s a fact. If you know of something back up your argument with facts not opinion.

What on earth does the Whitehouse have to do with anything? I'm not defending the Whitehouse in this thread.


Oh common, the White House and their positions have everything to do with it. Who or what do you think Beck is attacking? If he wasn't attacking an entity you weren't defending, you wouldn't care in the least little bit. Despite what you may think, I'm not that stupid. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: coalkirk On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:07 am

Lisa...Arguing with libs is frustrating. You are probably used to thinking logically and using facts to suport your arguments. That's not how the liberal brain works. It's all about "feelings" and "intentions." If anyone doubts this, just witness the awarding of the Nobel prize for peace to Obama. The Nobel prize committee (uberlibs by the way) gave it to him because they "feel" he "intends" to work for peace. Mostly he got the award because he's not GWB. Don't waste your time. You'd have better luck convincing a river to reverse directions.
coalkirk
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Harman VF3000
Coal Size/Type: antrhcite/rice coal

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:28 am

Lefties swim in DENIAL, you know, the river in Egypt.
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140