OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Dann757 On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:02 am

coalkirk wrote:Lisa...Arguing with libs is frustrating. You are probably used to thinking logically and using facts to suport your arguments. That's not how the liberal brain works. It's all about "feelings" and "intentions." If anyone doubts this, just witness the awarding of the Nobel prize for peace to Obama. The Nobel prize committee (uberlibs by the way) gave it to him because they "feel" he "intends" to work for peace. Mostly he got the award because he's not GWB. Don't waste your time. You'd have better luck convincing a river to reverse directions.


HAHAHA I concur.
My liberal buddy said, "We all have to take care of each other." He meant: "Someone has to take care of me."
Dann757
 

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: rberq On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:07 am

lowfog01 wrote:Kathleen Sebelius Secretary of the Health and Human Services sent out a letter to Aetna informing them to stop or she would blocked all government contracts that Aetna has with the government. It was effective and the mass mailings Aetna was doing was stopped. Aetna is one of the companies the Federal workers can chose from and to be banned from all government contracting would have meant the end of Aetna.

It took me (or should I say, Google and Bing) considerable effort to track down the actual offending text of the Sebelius letter. The offending party originally seems to have been Humana, not Aetna, though I'm sure both of them plus many others received the warning. These companies contracted with Medicare to provide certain very-specific services to subscribers, and to describe the services using standardized, approved terminology. Why do the contracts regulate so extensively what the insurance companies can say? In a word, to prevent the companies from lying. It's the same reason most state insurance regulators dictate the "forms" that may be used for homeowner, auto, life, etc. policies. Humana used their official Medicare policy mailing lists to send out vague, scary, self-serving propaganda about pending legislation.

There's no danger that Sebelius could arbitrarily, by a stroke of the pen, ban Aetna or anyone else. There's no denial of freedom of speech for Humana or Aetna -- I have seen plenty of ads by medical insurers. That one form of communication, however, was inappropriate, and Humana immediately agreed to cease. Of course the whole thing was exaggerated and distorted by people whose goal is to sink Obama at all costs.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:26 pm

lowfog01 wrote:
ErikLaurence wrote:I am not name calling. I am speculating about Beck's motivations for publicly stating obvious falsehoods. There's a big difference.


I'm sorry Erik, that's not how approximately 50% of the people on this forum would see it. What "obvious falsehoods?"



Beck is running a promo calling for the revocation of Jimmy Carter's Nobel prize based on the idea that the peace he negotiated does not exist. Carter was awarded a nobel prize for negotiating peace between Israel and Egypt. That peace has held for 30 years and continues to hold until this day.

I've have said this 3 times. You are so wrapped up in your own thoughts that you seem unable to comprehend what I am talking about.

lowfog01 wrote:PS. By the way, the White House and any other organization Beck has taken on has never denied or provided evidence proving Beck wrong about anything other the accidental misnaming of Vancouver rather then Calgary when speaking of the cost of hosting the Olympics. That’s a fact. If you know of something back up your argument with facts not opinion.

ErikLaurence wrote:What on earth does the Whitehouse have to do with anything? I'm not defending the Whitehouse in this thread.


Oh common, the White House and their positions have everything to do with it. Who or what do you think Beck is attacking? If he wasn't attacking an entity you weren't defending, you wouldn't care in the least little bit. Despite what you may think, I'm not that stupid. Lisa


I am referring to Beck attacking Jimmy Carter's Nobel Peace Prize.

You may not be stupid but you seem to have difficulty with close reading of simple text.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket


Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: dll On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:54 pm

During WWII, Irena Sendler got permission to work in the Nazi controlled Warsaw Ghetto, as a Plumbing/Sewer specialist. She had an ulterior motive...She KNEW what the Nazi's plans were for the Jews, (being German). Irena smuggled infants out in the bottom of her tool box she carried, and she also carried in the back of her truck a Burlap sack, (for larger kids). During her time and course of doing this, she managed to smuggle out and save 2500 kids/infants.

She was caught, and the Nazi's broke both her legs and arms and beat her severely. Irena kept a record of the names of all the kids she smuggled out and kept them in a glass jar, buried under a tree in her back yard. After the war, she tried to locate any parents that may have survived it, and reunited the family. Most, of course, had been gassed. Those kids she helped were placed into foster family homes or adopted.

In 2007 Irena was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize....

She LOST. Al Gore won for doing a slide show on Global Warming.
dll
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman MKII
Coal Size/Type: Nut/anthracite

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Rightly puts things in perspective, thanks .dll


Meet the People Who Were Passed Over for Obama

Sima Samar, women’s rights activist in Afghanistan: “With dogged persistence and at great personal risk, she kept her schools and clinics open in Afghanistan even during the most repressive days of the Taliban regime, whose laws prohibited the education of girls past the age of eight. When the Taliban fell, Samar returned to Kabul and accepted the post of Minister for Women’s Affairs.”

Ingrid Betancourt: French-Colombian ex-hostage held for six years.

“Dr. Denis Mukwege: Doctor, founder and head of Panzi Hospital in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo. He has dedicated his life to helping Congolese women and girls who are victims of gang rape and brutal sexual violence.”

Handicap International and Cluster Munition Coalition: “These organizations are recognized for their consistently serious efforts to clean up cluster bombs, also known as land mines. Innocent civilians are regularly killed worldwide because the unseen bombs explode when stepped upon.”

“Hu Jia, a human rights activist and an outspoken critic of the Chinese government, who was sentenced last year to a three-and-a-half-year prison term for ‘inciting subversion of state power.’”

“Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China’s communist system. He now lives in the United States.”
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: tvb On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:12 pm

So write to the folks that awarded the prize to Obama. It's certainly not Obama's fault they passed over other people to make him the recipient.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: rberq On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:06 pm

tvb wrote:It's certainly not Obama's fault they passed over other people to make him the recipient.

True. I was taught, when given a compliment, the proper response is a simple "Thank you". That seems to be what President Obama has done.

Many would prefer that he shuffle and hang his head and look embarrassed and say, "Oh, no, Massa. Dat too good for me, Boss. You keepa dat for some white folks, yeah, us darkies don't need none o' dat, no sir." If only he would do that, they could despise him with a clear conscience, laugh at him, feel superior to him, and even, in their condescension, come to support his administration.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:10 pm

he don't have to talk like that to know deep inside that he dont deserve it. he knows. the puppet recieves a medal. good for him. but there must be much better deserving folks. they just dont have the $$ = power quotient the "massa" do
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: RMA On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:43 pm

rberq wrote:
tvb wrote:It's certainly not Obama's fault they passed over other people to make him the recipient.

True. I was taught, when given a compliment, the proper response is a simple "Thank you". That seems to be what President Obama has done.

Many would prefer that he shuffle and hang his head and look embarrassed and say, "Oh, no, Massa. Dat too good for me, Boss. You keepa dat for some white folks, yeah, us darkies don't need none o' dat, no sir." If only he would do that, they could despise him with a clear conscience, laugh at him, feel superior to him, and even, in their condescension, come to support his administration.


This no argument; it is neither humorous nor credulous...
Playing the "RACE CARD" is nothing more than a unimaginative "CHEAP SHOT"
It also places one in the Jimmy Carter Illconceived School of "I'm OK, you're NOT!"

Bob

ps To have graciously declined acceptance would have been another way through the presentation of an award unearned...
RMA
 

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:47 pm

To have graciously declined acceptance would have been another way through the presentation of an award unearned...


Exactly, and that's what he should have done.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: ErikLaurence On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:52 pm

Wood'nCoal wrote:
To have graciously declined acceptance would have been another way through the presentation of an award unearned...


Exactly, and that's what he should have done.


He probably would have been criticized for doing that too.
ErikLaurence
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Reading Lehigh
Stove/Furnace Model: LL Hyfire II w/heat jacket

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:53 pm

I agree with wood-n-coal. maybe michael moore will be the next reciepient for his filmaking?? :D
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: tvb On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:57 pm

Poconoeagle wrote:I agree with wood-n-coal. maybe michael moore will be the next reciepient for his filmaking?? :D


And Glenn Beck, too. But I think his will be the Nobel Prize in Moran.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: rberq On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:59 pm

RMA wrote:It also places one in the Jimmy Carter ... School

I'm with Jimmy.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: OBAMA (BARAMA) Wins Nobel Prize...Huh?

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:59 pm

ErikLaurence wrote:
Wood'nCoal wrote:
To have graciously declined acceptance would have been another way through the presentation of an award unearned...


Exactly, and that's what he should have done.


He probably would have been criticized for doing that too.


Maybe by some, but not by me.
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert