Pocono install and baro question.

Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: molson4725 On: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:43 pm

I just got my pocono up and running. Was running on a power vent last year. I Just installed a chimney this year, and have finished the install. Take a look and let me know any comments or questions. The stove is in a finished basement. Chimney is on opposite side of wall in the garage. I used a thimble kit and a piece of double wall insulated chimney pipe to go through the wall. I have the baro in the garage. Was wondering if this location is OK? Read on here that the baro should be in the same room as the stove. Would a better location for the baro be in the vertical pipe coming out of the stove? I Did the all the work myself including the chimney and wanted to make sure everything was right. Its pretty warm today, stove is at idle, manometer reads .02, baro is closed most of the time.Let me know what you guys think. Attached are some pics for reference.
stove 001.JPG
(73.84 KiB) Viewed 23 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15563[/nepathumb]
Attachments
stove 002.JPG
(93.75 KiB) Viewed 20 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15564[/nepathumb]
stove 003.JPG
(110.85 KiB) Viewed 25 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15565[/nepathumb]
stove 004.JPG
(87.8 KiB) Viewed 18 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15566[/nepathumb]
stove 006.JPG
(109.75 KiB) Viewed 13 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15567[/nepathumb]
stove 005.JPG
(64.07 KiB) Viewed 28 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15568[/nepathumb]
stove 008.JPG
(144.35 KiB) Viewed 18 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15569[/nepathumb]
molson4725
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono top vent

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: WNY On: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:53 pm

Looks like a good install and don't see why it wouldn't work as it. Just keep an eye on your draft. But, sounds like it's working good. .02 is good at idle.

YOu might be able to put TEE in right above the stove before the elbow for the Baro, but i don't see why it would not work the way you have it.
WNY
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:45 pm

molson4725 wrote:I just got my pocono up and running. Was running on a power vent last year. I Just installed a chimney this year, and have finished the install. Take a look and let me know any comments or questions. The stove is in a finished basement. Chimney is on opposite side of wall in the garage. I used a thimble kit and a piece of double wall insulated chimney pipe to go through the wall. I have the baro in the garage. Was wondering if this location is OK? Read on here that the baro should be in the same room as the stove. Would a better location for the baro be in the vertical pipe coming out of the stove? I Did the all the work myself including the chimney and wanted to make sure everything was right. Its pretty warm today, stove is at idle, manometer reads .02, baro is closed most of the time.Let me know what you guys think. Attached are some pics for reference.
stove 001.JPG




The baro should be in the same room especially with a door between the two rooms . This can cause issues if the pressure drops in the other room ,it can work like a chimney allowing co to enter the room with the baro . I would suggest a T with a baro just above the stove so they are in the same room . Otherwise it looks great . That sure is a nice looking stove. :D
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Visit Leisure Line Stove

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: spc On: Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:45 pm

I saw a pic of a setup where instead of an elbow at the stove they used a "T" & put the baro facing the front of the stove.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: WNY On: Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:10 pm

looks like you have enough room for a TEE right off the stove before the elbow, if not, just cut it down a bit to make it work. You could always put it off the side or back, then you wouldn't see it as much.
WNY
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: tsb On: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:27 pm

Burn it as is. Just clean the horizontal section
after the burning season.

Tom
tsb
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:39 pm

If you run it the way it is, I would remove the door.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: Freddy On: Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:21 am

I think the baro should be in the same room, or remove the door. Keep an eye on ash build up in the horizontal pipe. CO detector?
Freddy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: molson4725 On: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:02 am

I wanted to thank everyone for all the good advice. I changed the configuration of the pipes. Please see new pic and let me know if this is better. I really appreciate all the input. Flyer5> It sure is a nice looking stove! Hope you guys continue the great work Jerry started! Congrats to both of you and good luck! :) Freddy> I have three co detectors. One is in the same room as the stove, one in the kitchen outside the stairway to the basement , and one in the bedroom. I hope thats enough. Will definately watch the fly ash in the horizontal pipe. Thanks.
Attachments
stove 001.JPG
(75.7 KiB) Viewed 19 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15711[/nepathumb]
stove 002.JPG
(91.97 KiB) Viewed 35 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15712[/nepathumb]
molson4725
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono top vent

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: gambler On: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:07 am

Isn't your manometer line in the way of your hopper lid?
I ran mine out the back of the pipe like you but turned down and went between the hopper and the stove.
If you look close you can see my copper line.
Attachments
040.JPG
(100.32 KiB) Viewed 25 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]15713[/nepathumb]
gambler
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: molson4725 On: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:11 am

Gambler> Not really. I usually just lift it a little, and slide it back enough to dump the coal in. Can still take the lid off if need be. Wasn't sure how to run it, but it doesnt seem to be in the way(yet lol). Do have pics anywhere how you ran yours??
molson4725
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono top vent

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: molson4725 On: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:14 am

Gambler> sorry just saw the pic of your stove. I didnt think I had enough room to bend it down before the hopper. Its pretty tight. I will have to look at it again and see if that is possible. Good suggestion, Thanks. :)
molson4725
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pocono top vent

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: gambler On: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:19 am

molson4725 wrote:Gambler> sorry just saw the pic of your stove. I didnt think I had enough room to bend it down before the hopper. Its pretty tight. I will have to look at it again and see if that is possible. Good suggestion, Thanks. :)


The hole in my flue pipe is not directly to the back but offset slightly to the right. You may need to adjust your pipe.
Edit: Also I don't have a nut on my copper tube. I just have the tube going into the pipe.
gambler
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Pocono install and baro question.

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:05 am

molson4725 wrote:I wanted to thank everyone for all the good advice. I changed the configuration of the pipes. Please see new pic and let me know if this is better. I really appreciate all the input. Flyer5> It sure is a nice looking stove! Hope you guys continue the great work Jerry started! Congrats to both of you and good luck! :) Freddy> I have three co detectors. One is in the same room as the stove, one in the kitchen outside the stairway to the basement , and one in the bedroom. I hope thats enough. Will definately watch the fly ash in the horizontal pipe. Thanks.




That looks much safer . I am glad you changed it . :up: Thanks ,Dave
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Visit Leisure Line Stove