Tried in on my Mothers 40 year old heavily tarnished silver and it looks new.
Really not much to it so I'll post it.
- Get a container big enough to set the item in, Pyrex glass baking dish for example would work fine for silverware.
- Line the container with Aluminum foil.
- About four quarts of water and a teaspoon of salt.
- Bring that to a boil and take it off the heat.
- Add about a cup of Baking soda to the water.
- Pour water into container.
- Drink beer and watch tarnish disappear.
Bonus: When wife comes home tell her you were laboring all day to polish silver.
Not sure if there is nay specific quantities you should use as the article doesn't list them.