First download and install Irfanview from here: http://www.irfanview.com/
To crop a selection:
- Open the image File Open
- Browse your computer to find the image you want to open.
- Drag your mouse over the area you want to select to create selection area.
- Edit Crop Selection
If your image is too small:
- Image Reasize/Resample
- Make sure "Preserve aspect ratio" is checked.[color=#FF0000][/color]
- Under "some standard Dimensions" select 640X480
- Under size method select "resample" and from the drop down box select "b spline filter"*
- Click OK
*you can try some of the other methods however it appears that one works best but I really don't use irfanview for this operation. If you're using another image editor generally the best method is bicubic.
Save you Image
- File Save as.... Do not use Save.
- Name your file and save it to different folder