Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:01 pm

I was talking about making judgments based upon assumptions rather than lying, per se. I'm sorry I didn't make that more clear.

And making judgments based upon assumptions is really what this thread is all about, no?
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Yes, this thread is about BS: an apparently vindictive BS assertion by a pedophile against one of those in Congress who had the guts to run him out of town, and its BS assertion as truth here.

It's not about "lying," it's about reckless disregard for the facts.

But, then again, count the posts on this thread. Sorta like P.T. Barnum's marketing thesis applied to the internets.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:21 pm

stockingfull wrote:It's not about "lying," it's about reckless disregard for the facts.


The fact is we have video that shows a person speaking that shows many of the signs of intoxication. With nothing more than a denial and without an explanation for the behavior the conclusion is easy to draw.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite


Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:52 pm

no, you have video that you think shows him intoxicated yet you have no evidence that he was. That's all.

You are making an assumption and repeating a smear originated by a vindictive pedophile. There is no evidence he was drunk, he denies being drunk, and his detractors have nothing but flimsy accusations based upon a segment of week old video to bolster their argument. Video that was ignored by the entire world until the pedophile posted something and his bedtime pal Drudge picked it up.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Richard S. wrote:
stockingfull wrote:It's not about "lying," it's about reckless disregard for the facts.


The fact is we have video that shows a person speaking that shows many of the signs of intoxication. With nothing more than a denial and without an explanation for the behavior the conclusion is easy to draw.

Here's the difference, Richard. We have proof that Mark Foley is a pedophile and a liar. And I take it that it's provable that Foley has it in for Max Baucus for playing a part in running his sorry ass out of town.

However, we don't have any proof that Max Baucus had been drinking in the first vid above. He neither misspoke nor used deficient grammar. Moreover, what he said was 100% accurate in substance.

And, as I pointed out way above, even if he had a drink or two -- or thirty, he still had enough left to make the Senate Republicans look as cynical and venal as they in fact are.

So there's the difference between "proof" and speculation. You can't even get your drivers license taken away for the kind of "proof" you think you have.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:20 pm

stockingfull wrote: You can't even get your drivers license taken away for the kind of "proof" you think you have.


You couldn't convict someone of driving drunk based on behavior like this, but it would certainly raise the suspicions of any officer.

What's your explanation for his odd behavior?
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:23 pm

Richard S. wrote:
stockingfull wrote: You can't even get your drivers license taken away for the kind of "proof" you think you have.


You couldn't convict someone of driving drunk based on behavior like this, but it would certainly raise the suspicions of any officer.

What's your explanation for his odd behavior?

Richard, he delivered the goods against the cowards on the other side of the aisle. He neither fell down nor stumbled, either physically or even grammatically.

Until one of those three things happens, it's not even an unsatisfactory field sobriety test.

So there's nothing to see here; let's move along now.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Richard S. wrote:
stockingfull wrote: You can't even get your drivers license taken away for the kind of "proof" you think you have.


You couldn't convict someone of driving drunk based on behavior like this, but it would certainly raise the suspicions of any officer.

What's your explanation for his odd behavior?


Richard, have you ever heard the phrase, "When did you stop beating your wife?" Essentially, that is what you are asking Baucus to answer. It's just like the birthers saying Obama should produce a BC even though he already has but they didn't like it so they keep asking.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:54 pm

tvb wrote:Richard, have you ever heard the phrase, "When did you stop beating your wife?" Essentially, that is what you are asking Baucus to answer.


Your analogy is a poor one, If Baucus's wife had bruises all over her face and his knuckles are bruised then we have a fair analogy. Whether he's beating his wife would certainly be a fair question just as it would be fair to question his sobriety in this clip where he is showing signs of intoxication.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:15 pm

Foley discussion moved here: Mark Foley Scandal
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:31 pm

There's no harm in moving the discussion on the merits of Foley's misconduct but it has been reported that the Baucus excerpt first appeared on Foley's twitter page and, to that extent, Foley's motivation is directly relevant to this thread.

So let's try this from another angle: how many people have been tossed out of or in any way disciplined by either house of Congress for having had a drink before showing up in the chamber?

If there are any, how many failed to make a grammatical mistake in their remarks to their colleagues?

Good God, freaking Larry Craig wasn't tossed out of the Senate after copping to the Minneapolis mens room solicitation. And you want to buy in to Mark Foley's BS post about Baucus??? :nice:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:24 pm

This topic is not about Foley as much as you may want it to be, the common tactic is to deflect the discussion and I'm not going to allow you to do that. Your point about Foley has been made now back to the video that anyone can view, make their own judgments and use to draw their own conclusions.

Instead of trying to delefct the discussion onto Foley perhaps you might have comment on the video itself?
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: stockingfull On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:47 pm

Richard, I suggest you re-read the thread. I've commented on the substance of the vid in a number of posts. The bottom line is that, if Tiger Woods is a better golfer than you or I am after ten drinks, he's still a better golfer than you or I. Baucus did what he set out to do, regardless of what his blood alcohol level was at that moment. He made the Senate Republicans look like the tools they are.

Indeed, the alcohol (if there was any) may have made him even more candid, which is a plus.

So don't give me your crapola about deflection. The motive(s) of those who seek to make a mountain out of a molehill -- including you -- are always legitimate subjects of inquiry. When you start a new thread, you're functioning like an editor, so, if you think the motives of all these "left-wing" editors you like to criticize are fair-game, so then are yours.

Did you start a thread about Larry Craig? Mark Foley? How about adulterers Newt Gingrich or Mark Sanford? Do you think they were/are fit to serve? Then what's your beef with Max?

Your motives couldn't be more apparent; why don't you just concede them?
Last edited by stockingfull on Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: spc On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:51 pm

"Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?"

Some must not understand the ? symbol.

:o What may have drove him to drink. His party controls the senate, the house & the presidency & they still can't get what they really want passed.
spc
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Max Baucus Drunk on Senate floor?

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:35 pm

I'm half drunk replying to this thread. :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice