Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:12 pm

Flyers - Bruins in Fenway at 1 PM! Both coming off wins.

Weather iffy:
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20091231_NHL_s_Winter_Classic_could_be_a_weather_casualty.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


GO FLYERS!!! :clap:

And a Happy New Year to all!
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: Pa Dealer On: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:32 pm

stockingfull wrote:Flyers - Bruins in Fenway at 1 PM! Both coming off wins.

Weather iffy:
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20091231_NHL_s_Winter_Classic_could_be_a_weather_casualty.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


GO FLYERS!!! :clap:

And a Happy New Year to all!



Big win for the Flyers over the Rangers,I'm a Pens fan so you know I have to say Flyers suc :D


ry
Pa Dealer
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 DF
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM DF 520
Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:49 pm

Pa Dealer wrote:
stockingfull wrote:Flyers - Bruins in Fenway at 1 PM! Both coming off wins.

Weather iffy:
http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20091231_NHL_s_Winter_Classic_could_be_a_weather_casualty.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


GO FLYERS!!! :clap:

And a Happy New Year to all!



Big win for the Flyers over the Rangers,I'm a Pens fan so you know I have to say Flyers suc :D


ry

It's OK, the Pens were a joke when I was in the Philly area; now I hate them much more. :D And, though I've been in the NYC area for 20 yrs, I don't discriminate; I despise all the teams here. 8-) It was great to see the Rangers get KO'd.

And I send the same wishes to Boston. :box:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace


Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: whistlenut On: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:07 pm

Great winter weather for the contest, and at Fenway......cool! My daughter is going so I''ll have some pics by the weekend!
....assuming any of you would care to see them...................
whistlenut
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ&VanWert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks Boiler,Itasca415,NYer130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska-4,Keystoker-2,
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska,Gibraltor,Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Van Wert, NYer's, Ford,Jensen.
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck,Pea,Nut&Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: Pacowy On: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:18 pm

I'd like to see them, but my guess is that the Flyers fans in the crowd will take a pass.

Mike
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:31 pm

Hope she got one of Thornton laying on the ice beneath Carcillo's fist! 8-)
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: gitrdonecoal On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:42 pm

im a big sabres fan and she could take it or leave it. im watching it right now and its driving her nuts!
gitrdonecoal
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90
Stove/Furnace Make: USSC
Stove/Furnace Model: Hotblast 1557

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Great game; halfway thru the 3rd and they all look gassed. :surrender:

One for the ages....
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: tvb On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:19 pm

gitrdonecoal wrote:im a big sabres fan and she could take it or leave it. im watching it right now and its driving her nuts!


Didn't the Sabres do a game at Rich Stadium in the past few years?
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: Pacowy On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Sorry, Flyers fans. Please continue to send anthracite to MA.

Mike

Pacowy wrote:I'd like to see them, but my guess is that the Flyers fans in the crowd will take a pass.

Mike
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: stockingfull On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:19 pm

Congrats to the Bruins. Flyers had multiple opportunities deep in the offensive zone to put the game away, including just after the killed 4-on-3. Their top players -- Briere, Carter, et al -- didn't get it done.

But one helluva game nonetheless.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: Pa Dealer On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:37 pm

tvb wrote:
gitrdonecoal wrote:im a big sabres fan and she could take it or leave it. im watching it right now and its driving her nuts!


Didn't the Sabres do a game at Rich Stadium in the past few years?


The first winter classic was Sabres Pens, Pens won with Sid's S.O. goal.






ry
Pa Dealer
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 DF
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM DF 520
Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: Pacowy On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:43 pm

Good looking young goalie you've got there.

stockingfull wrote:Congrats to the Bruins. Flyers had multiple opportunities deep in the offensive zone to put the game away, including just after the killed 4-on-3. Their top players -- Briere, Carter, et al -- didn't get it done.

But one helluva game nonetheless.
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: whistlenut On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:05 pm

How come we can insult each other vehemently and say the nastiest of things ....and after the game go out and have a frosty one and celebrate? Sure wish life's other events could endure the passion we share for sports, and all remain friends! I'm not analyzing...just a thought.... :doh: :flex: :help: :confused: :eek2: :nono: :mad3: :dancing: :stretcher: :band:
whistlenut
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AA130's,260's, AHS130&260's,EFM900,GJ&VanWert
Hand Fed Coal Boiler: Franks Boiler,Itasca415,NYer130,Van Wert
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Yellow Flame
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska-4,Keystoker-2,
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Alaska,Gibraltor,Keystone,Vc Vigilant 2
Hand Fed Coal Furnace: Van Wert, NYer's, Ford,Jensen.
Coal Size/Type: Rice,Buck,Pea,Nut&Stove
Other Heating: Oil HWBB

Re: Winter Classic in Fenway, Jan 1 at 1 PM on NBC

PostBy: Pacowy On: Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:14 pm

I think the hockey tradition of lining up to shake hands afterward could usefully be applied elsewhere...at least for activities where you can get all of the fistfights taken care of first.

Mike
Pacowy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: H.B. Smith 350 Mills boiler/EFM 85R stoker
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/anthracite