Brown does the impossible in Mass

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:03 pm

stockingfull wrote:... and that says a lot. :roll:



"they are both available" ?

well, yeh, i heard that ... but I thought you were talking about something a bit more weighty and substantial like some sappy attempt to use his kids to political advantage like Jimmy Carter talking about how Amy worries about nuclear war every night.

touche' .... you got me on that one :oops:

like Obama told whatserface "We can't win em all"
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: mr1precision On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:18 pm

stockingfull wrote:We'll see.

(BTW, I don't disagree about kidding your kids. But do you do that in front of a worldwide audience? Was it OK for Bush to walk into a room, on camera, and give Angela Merkel a shoulder rub? Judgment, man. That's what people are electing, and that's what this kind of thing foretells: that "Brownie" doesn't always think before he shoots his mouth off. Some of you guys think that's a sin when Joe Biden does it. But the bottom line is that it could make life interesting going forward. 8-) )


Just like Obama I'm sure Scott is very tired. Obama didnt know where he was Monday but I didnt give it much thought. Niether did I give the joking around with his girls. He is not a big mouth thats for sure. If he was I'm sure the media would have trashed him long ago.
mr1precision
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: vtec350 On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:20 pm

stockingfull wrote: Judgment, man. That's what people are electing, and that's what this kind of thing foretells: that "Brownie" doesn't always think before he shoots his mouth off.




:funny: :funny: Please don't talk about judgement. You elected a president who hangs around with people like Ayers and Wright and a whole list of tax cheats.....lmao
vtec350
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: KA-6


Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: stockingfull On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:58 pm

NEWS FLASH, boyz:

GLENN BECK FEELS MORE STRONGLY ABOUT BROWN'S COMMENT THAN I DO.


http://rawstory.com/2010/01/beck-rips-brown-could-end-with-dead-intern/
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


Now, I know you don't agree with me much, but Glenn Golldarn Beck???

:jawdrop:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: Paulie On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:03 pm

It was a joke, poking the kids a little. If the media wants to make something of it, let them. Welcome to MA,
if you can not take a joke, go home.
Paulie
 
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: stockingfull On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:05 pm

Apparently, Glenn didn't think so.

Don't you guys trust Glenn Beck anymore? :devil:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:11 pm

Your pathetic attempts to discredit this Republican victory, and the political face-plant of democrats are tiresome. Don't you have a case to work on?

Good Christ ... we Republicans can think for ourselves. I know that;s hard to comprehend, being in the party that wants everything done FOR them.
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: stockingfull On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:18 pm

I'll pass on a juicy Beck-Brownie split the day coalkirk becomes a Muslim! :nana:

:rofl:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: Paulie On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:20 pm

stockingfull wrote:Apparently, Glenn didn't think so.

Don't you guys trust Glenn Beck anymore? :devil:

Anymore? He is a talking head/entertainer......he has never been trusted. You can trust him to MAKE a controversy in
the pursuit of ratings, a whore as it were. Nothing more.
Paulie
 
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: stockingfull On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 pm

Paulie wrote:
stockingfull wrote:Apparently, Glenn didn't think so.

Don't you guys trust Glenn Beck anymore? :devil:

Anymore? He is a talking head/entertainer......he has never been trusted. You can trust him to MAKE a controversy in
the pursuit of ratings, a whore as it were. Nothing more.

"Whore?" You should start a poll on that.

Oh, wait. :nono: Maybe not.
Last edited by stockingfull on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:25 pm

stockingfull wrote:
Gov't can't solve people's problems right now. Ownership of it, in any form, gets you blamed.

And, as of last night, the GOP became a full partner in Washington.


Interesting comment from a liberal democrat: "Government can't solve people's problems right now."

What is different about now? Surely the government, with it's vast resources in polling and information gathering, must know it cannot solve the people's problems right now! Why is the democrat controlled government trying so hard to solve problems when it KNOWS it can't. After all, it has a track record to look at.

Ownership ain't all it's cracked up to be.

GOP is a full partner now.... wow....on only 41 out of 100 votes. Zowie. Who knew the 'pubs could be so powerful as to have a FULL partnership/ownership with that minority. I guess this means that the reconciliation strategy is out the window. All those committees will just fold up shop since the 'pubs.... have a minority?

If the GOP can influence the whole thing to the point of, say....STOP, they indeed should. Why? Because Scott Brown didn't get in because he was a Republican. He got in because he WASN'T a Democrat. In other words, the people want this debacle ended and they are willing to go against 47 years of hardcore political tradition in Massachusetts to STOP IT!

Health care reform in it's present form is dead ...that is, if politicians of either party know what's good for them.
Last edited by mikeandgerry on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: SMITTY On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:26 pm

Well said. 8-)
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: stockingfull On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:29 pm

mikeandgerry wrote:
stockingfull wrote:
Gov't can't solve people's problems right now. Ownership of it, in any form, gets you blamed.

And, as of last night, the GOP became a full partner in Washington.


Interesting comment from a liberal democrat: "Government can't solve people's problems right now."

What is different about now? Surely the government, with it's vast resources in polling and information gathering, must know it cannot solve the people's problems right now! Why is the democrat controlled government trying so hard to solve problems when it KNOWS it can't. After all, it has a track record to look at.

Ownership ain't all it's cracked up to be.

GOP is a full partner now.... wow....on only 41 out of 100 votes. Zowie. Who knew the 'pubs could be so powerful as to have a FULL partnership/ownership with that minority. I guess this means that the reconciliation strategy is out the window. All those committees will just fold up shop since the 'pubs.... have a minority?

If the GOP can influence the whole thing to the point of, say....STOP, they indeed should. Why? Because Scott Brown didn't get in because he was a Republican. He got in because he WASN'T a Democrat. In other words, the people want this debacle ended and they are willing to go against 47 years of hardcore political tradition in Massachusetts to STOP IT!

Health care reform in it's present form is dead ...that is, if politicians of either party know what's good for them.

It's mathematical, Mike.

The Dems don't own the gov't anymore. If the GOP wants something stopped, it can and must do so. Conversely, anything that happens necessarily included at least one assenting Republican.

It's bipartisanship or paralysis. Welcome on board. :mrgreen:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:32 pm

BTW, thanks, SMITTY for going out to vote. Living in New York, I sometimes weigh the choice of voting with re-arranging my sock drawer. That is to say that no matter how many times I do it, it just doesn't seem to help things. Now, thanks to you and people like you, I have good reason to believe I can make a difference in NYS.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Brown does the impossible in Mass

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:34 pm

stockingfull wrote:It's mathematical, Mike.

The Dems don't own the gov't anymore. If the GOP wants something stopped, it can and must do so. Conversely, anything that happens necessarily included at least one assenting Republican.

It's bipartisanship or paralysis. Welcome on board. :mrgreen:


Mathematics? Nah. The dems have 59%. It just slows things down. The people don't want the BS anymore. They'd prefer the paralysis. Bring it on!
Last edited by mikeandgerry on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M