Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: Richard S. On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:46 am

LOL... I guess the lessons of of what happened in Massachusetts have not hit home. Oh well, his loss.



While on the topic I'm beginning to think none of them have learned a lesson. Seems the commonality about what they are saying is they haven't communicated very well what their plan was. To me it seems like they are trying to say we were too stupid to understand what they were doing. The elitism lives on. I bet Pelosi's head is ready to explode.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:18 am

:lol:

Just unreal ...... and sad at the same time. Life will be sooooo much better when this admin calls it quits.

I'll bet Barney Frank is blaming Bush also. That guy never has anything constructive to say .... every word out of his mouth is about how evil Republicans are & how great dems are. I would LOVE to meet him in person & throw this win right in his pompous, arrogant face! :D
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:27 am

or maybe hot tar and feathers :D 8-)
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska


Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:30 am

Good idea! :yes:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: brckwlt On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:38 am

Wow obama is sooo out of touch with what is going on in this country. How can browns victory possibly stem from what bush did in office. what a moron
brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:39 am

Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts


Why am I not surprised?
OBAMA_empty-SUIT.jpg
(28.51 KiB) Viewed 17 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]18358[/nepathumb]
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:48 am

Hate to spoil the party, boys, but MA has a more liberal universal healthcare system than either the House or Senate bill.

Hell, Scott Brown voted for it and Mitt Romney signed it!

So, if healthcare was the issue it reportedly was for MA voters Tuesday, it was only because they had nothing to gain from it, hence it was nothing more than an expense item for them.

Tell you what: have Scott make a copy of the MA healthcare law and take it with him to DC. Then he'll be the 60th vote! :lol:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: Poconoeagle On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:56 am

Actually I think Scott is packing enough for his trip to D.C.

brass underwear to hold his.....

he dont need no stinkin health care bill dc has enough stink already....

It is indeed time for.." and to the Republic,for which it stands. ONE nation under GOD......"
Poconoeagle
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Buckwalter & Co. , EFM520
Stove/Furnace Model: No. 28 Glenwood 1880, Alaska

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: titleist1 On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:33 am

stockingfull wrote:Hate to spoil the party, boys, but MA has a more liberal universal healthcare system than either the House or Senate bill.

Hell, Scott Brown voted for it and Mitt Romney signed it!

So, if healthcare was the issue it reportedly was for MA voters Tuesday, it was only because they had nothing to gain from it, hence it was nothing more than an expense item for them.

Tell you what: have Scott make a copy of the MA healthcare law and take it with him to DC. Then he'll be the 60th vote! :lol:


Or maybe the voters saw how it was implemented in MA and didn't think it would be such a good idea on a national scale? I really don't know as I haven't researched the state of MA healthcare or seen any coverage from this angle in the limited (about 20 minutes) of news I've watched since last weekend. Anybody know if the MA healthcare is solvent, liked, hated, etc. by the MA citizens? I've often thought that changes like they are proposing (not only in healthcare, but other issues over the years like education) should be tried regionally before a national implementation. Seems it would be easier to tweak the programs before national implementation rather that after. It should be cheaper doing it that way too, since the mistakes wouldn't cost as much.
Last edited by titleist1 on Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
titleist1
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman Mag Stoker (old style) one in basement, one in workshop
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III on standby for long power outages
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite; Nut/Anthracite

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:39 am

He was interviewed on arrival in DC this morning and said, essentially, that he's in favor of universal healthcare and supports the MA plan he participated in formulating, but thinks states should have freedom to customize plans for their citizens' needs, with appropriate incentives from Washington.

It should be an interesting discussion. And I think it'll center around the basics.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: Paulie On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:01 pm

Not an unreasonable approach to a HUGE problem.
Paulie
 
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:21 pm

Personally, I'm glad to see the backroom mess created by the deals to get the Senate DINO's on board go down. The House bill was much better because no single vote was so crucial.

That's why I welcome a new GOP senator with experience drafting healthcare legislation.

So I say, lay out some basic req'ts, agree on them, and let the states have at it. But the key is that we have to get everybody insured in order to control costs, or we'll never be competitive.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: Richard S. On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:40 pm

stockingfull wrote:So, if healthcare was the issue it reportedly was for MA voters Tuesday, it was only because they had nothing to gain from it, hence it was nothing more than an expense item for them.


You don't get it either, HC had something to do with it but it's the whole package. Cap and Tax, how he's handling terrorism, the transparency that never transpired, pork barrel stimulus package... there's a laundry list of reasons. Blaming this loss solely on HC is like blaming this loss on Bush.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: mr1precision On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:50 pm

stockingfull wrote:Personally, I'm glad to see the backroom mess created by the deals to get the Senate DINO's on board go down. The House bill was much better because no single vote was so crucial.

That's why I welcome a new GOP senator with experience drafting healthcare legislation.

So I say, lay out some basic req'ts, agree on them, and let the states have at it. But the key is that we have to get everybody insured in order to control costs, or we'll never be competitive.


Sfull is that you? :o What have you done with sfull? :mad: where is he? you'll never get away with this! :mad3:
mr1precision
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson AA-130

Re: Obama blames Bush for Massachusetts

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:06 pm

mr1precision wrote:
stockingfull wrote:Personally, I'm glad to see the backroom mess created by the deals to get the Senate DINO's on board go down. The House bill was much better because no single vote was so crucial.

That's why I welcome a new GOP senator with experience drafting healthcare legislation.

So I say, lay out some basic req'ts, agree on them, and let the states have at it. But the key is that we have to get everybody insured in order to control costs, or we'll never be competitive.


Sfull is that you? :o What have you done with sfull? :mad: where is he? you'll never get away with this! :mad3:

:mrgreen:
Actually, I'm a pretty practical person. I'd like Medicare for all, but I'll take anything that really has a shot at solving the problems of skyrocketing costs, pre-existing conditions, rescission (insurers canceling for claims) and the burden of the uninsured.

And I like the idea that states might be able to try different things and see how they work. In fact, Obama has proposed just that on, for example, tort reform. We've got some baseline problems which must be handled but, beyond that, there are 50 laboratories in which to experiment to see what works best.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace