Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: xaos On: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:40 am

I have had some problems with Reading Nut from a Washington Pa. supplier recently..
(Inconsistent Burn - Rocks- Large Debris - Gray Coal - Strong Diesel Smell - Sulfur Smell)
Looking for another supplier in this area..
I have got coal in Somerset County at Zubek's but with this storm coming don't really want to make the road trip..
Any info would be greatly appreciated..
xaos
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: coalrunner On: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:40 pm

how do you like the coal at zubecks? i just got a ton there and it seems good but i dont have much to compare it to
coalrunner
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Clayton
Stove/Furnace Model: 1600

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: rubicondave33 On: Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:31 am

I use Harper and Gallo in Ebensburg, their coal has never given me an issue. I also get anthracite from Kingston Supply in Latrobe for camp, it's on the way and the quality is as good as the stuff I burn at home.
rubicondave33
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM DF520
Coal Size/Type: Rice/Anthracite
Stove/Furnace Make: efm
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:00 pm

I`m surprised that Doug hasn`t posted here hes from down that way & should know of any around. I lived there years ago before I got into coal burning so don`t know of any myself.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: xaos On: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:51 am

coalrunner wrote:how do you like the coal at zubecks? i just got a ton there and it seems good but i don't have much to compare it to


I like Zubeks coal over the Reading coal in Washington Pa..
The size is chestnut which i can control burn rate better than full nut.
Its cleaner no debris no foul smell and no diesel smell on coal..
Burns down to a better fine ash..
Price is a bit better but location is not good unless i am up my cabin, in witch i got 37" of snow and got snowed in..
Took 4 hrs to snow blow my way out..
Just got a half ton at Washington still a lot of debris but it burns , only second load in my burner will see how it holds out..
xaos
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: coal berner On: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:57 pm

xaos wrote:
coalrunner wrote:how do you like the coal at zubecks? i just got a ton there and it seems good but i don't have much to compare it to


I like Zubeks coal over the Reading coal in Washington Pa..
The size is chestnut which i can control burn rate better than full nut.
Its cleaner no debris no foul smell and no diesel smell on coal..
Burns down to a better fine ash..
Price is a bit better but location is not good unless i am up my cabin, in witch i got 37" of snow and got snowed in..
Took 4 hrs to snow blow my way out..
Just got a half ton at Washington still a lot of debris but it burns , only second load in my burner will see how it holds out..

Chestnut & Nut are the the same size coal Nut is short for Chestnut coal size should be 1-5/8" x 13/16"
EGG size 2" X 5"
Stove coal 2-7/16" X 1-5/8"
Pea 13/16" X 9/16"
Buck or Buckwheat 9/16" x 5/16"
Rice 5/16" X 3/16"
Barley 3/16" X 3/32"
# 4 size 3/32" X 3/64"
# 5 size 3/64" X 100M
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: xaos On: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:07 pm

coal berner wrote:
xaos wrote:
coalrunner wrote:how do you like the coal at zubecks? i just got a ton there and it seems good but i don't have much to compare it to


I like Zubeks coal over the Reading coal in Washington Pa..
The size is chestnut which i can control burn rate better than full nut.
Its cleaner no debris no foul smell and no diesel smell on coal..
Burns down to a better fine ash..
Price is a bit better but location is not good unless i am up my cabin, in witch i got 37" of snow and got snowed in..
Took 4 hrs to snow blow my way out..
Just got a half ton at Washington still a lot of debris but it burns , only second load in my burner will see how it holds out..

Chestnut & Nut are the the same size coal Nut is short for Chestnut coal size should be 1-5/8" x 13/16"
EGG size 2" X 5"
Stove coal 2-7/16" X 1-5/8"
Pea 13/16" X 9/16"
Buck or Buckwheat 9/16" x 5/16"
Rice 5/16" X 3/16"
Barley 3/16" X 3/32"
# 4 size 3/32" X 3/64"
# 5 size 3/64" X 100M



Yes I understand that, But what what they are call Reading Nut is more like stove or egg and doesn't burn low, you really need it cooking to burn well.
Where as the Somerset Chestnut will idle quite well..
xaos
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: TimfromPittsburgh On: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:29 pm

I buy anthracite from Dettingers Coal Yard in Beaver Falls, PA. He carries anthracite in nut size. He is not open year round, so call before going up to his facility. The phone number is (724) 843-3773.
TimfromPittsburgh
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Tarm
Stove/Furnace Model: 502

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: Duengeon master On: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:45 pm

Are you from Elizabeth near the Irwin Works? Just go down to the tracks there is more there than you can imagine. If that's not enough there is always the coke ovens down the road. :lol:
Duengeon master
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harmon Mark III
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite pea and nut mix. Bituminous lump

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Thats bit down the road.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: Captain Michael On: Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:38 pm

Hey xaos,
I'm in forward township. I take my dumptrailer out to superior and pick up 5 tons per trip.
Captain Michael
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Model: Stoker 90

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: xaos On: Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:39 am

Captain Michael wrote:Hey xaos,
I'm in forward township. I take my dumptrailer out to superior and pick up 5 tons per trip.


Hey Captain,
How long is your round trip..
Been thinking on renting a U-Haul trailer and doing the same thing..
xaos
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:54 pm

Hey xaos or captain, how are the roads down there? I have to run down to Duquesne tomorrow to see a friend of mine thats laid out. Would like to pay my respects but don`t want to get myself stuck down there while doing it.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: xaos On: Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:38 pm

samhill wrote:Hey xaos or captain, how are the roads down there? I have to run down to Duquesne tomorrow to see a friend of mine thats laid out. Would like to pay my respects but don`t want to get myself stuck down there while doing it.


Sorry server was down..
The roads were bad this morning but are moderately descent as of now..
Although cant speak for Duquesne they have had problems clearing the roads..
xaos
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Alaska 140 Auger
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska Stoker 1
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Any Bulk Anthracite Near Elizabeth Pa. 15037

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:23 pm

Thanks a lot, already been there just got back if there would have been any ice I would know exactly how a luge driver would feel, had high banked snow & ice on both sides of the road. I heard that another storm might come thru on Monday, don`t know what will happen if you get another big one down there, gonna be some more roofs collapsing. Thanks once again & good luck, you can always head North not too bad up here for a change.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Visit Lehigh Anthracite