Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:13 pm

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... FKvJH-B2gD

I can certainly understand why this guy, does not want the press wasting time covering scandals about drug abuse, drunk driving, sexual harassment, Caribbean cruises
& failure to disclose income.

Why doesn't the press get it ? Why can't they get back to their primary purpose of pushing Obama's agenda?

I really feel for the guy - I think hes onto something here.
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:21 pm

Man,thanx for putting up that link.....After going there,I feel dirty and tainted....mostly after reading the postings that are with that article. I've got to bleach the keyboard and my hands...
Hambden Bob
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:31 pm

Hambden Bob wrote:Man,thanx for putting up that link.....After going there,I feel dirty and tainted....mostly after reading the postings that are with that article. I've got to bleach the keyboard and my hands...


Why? Patches is right and you know it !

The media need to get back to reading the names of the dead, interviewing greiving families and showing the dead bodies of innocent Afghan civilians just like they did 24/7 under Bush.

Get with the program
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95


Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: BillMarti On: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:11 pm

Don't cha know the honorable Jim Jones is running the country. Ummm Ummmm great cool aid.
BillMarti
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM 520, 1980
Stove/Furnace Model: 520

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:28 am

I think Jimmy needs to pass that Kool-Aid around the entire Washington, D.C. political system! :idea: That would sure fix all the issues we've been having ...

I hear the weather is nice in the jungle ............ WHITE KNIGHT! WHITE KNIGHT! :lol:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:29 am

What the rant was about the lack of press coverage for a debate on how soon we could end the war in Afaganistan, not because they were covering a idiot that probably shouldn`t have been in Gongress to begin with but thats the way politics & human nature is, they want to ignore unpopular things & be able to watch some nut crash & burn.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:14 pm

samhill wrote:What the rant was about the lack of press coverage for a debate on how soon we could end the war in Afaganistan, not because they were covering a idiot that probably shouldn`t have been in Gongress to begin with but thats the way politics & human nature is, they want to ignore unpopular things & be able to watch some nut crash & burn.


Thy did not want to cover someone disagreeing with Obama's decision to surge.
That's why they are not posting online American soldier death tolls and interviewing villagers wailing over their families killed by errant drone strikes etc.

Its damage control - plain and simple.
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:57 pm

What are you talking about smokey, the surge was welcomed by both parties, that war should have been over long ago & the other never started. If you remember it was B.O. that went to see the coffins coming back before he made the decision to surge & he left it up to family to show the caskets or not. Every time there are innocent victims its all over the news, its the same reason a lot of people watch nascar, they want to see the wrecks, I think he was just fed up with the priorities the news chooses to air. In any event he isn`t going to seek re-election.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:05 pm

Absolutely, SCT. Of course, wars are only just when dems are in office, but just in case the dems efforts to foment anti-war anger in the populace carried over, they figured they had better soft pedal the surge in the press.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: Qball On: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:10 pm

That's my boy from RI. He will be done soon and MA can have him back!
Qball
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker Koker
Coal Size/Type: Rice

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Patrick might not want to bite the hand that protected him all these years just yet. He's still got a little time to go and the press might just give him the attention he's asking for. :D
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: SMITTY On: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:42 pm

Qball wrote:That's my boy from RI. He will be done soon and MA can have him back!

We've had enough of the Kennedy's to last centuries.

Just tar & feather him & toss him in 'gansett Bay. ;)
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:09 pm

samhill wrote:What are you talking about smokey, the surge was welcomed by both parties, that war should have been over long ago & the other never started. If you remember it was B.O. that went to see the coffins coming back before he made the decision to surge & he left it up to family to show the caskets or not. Every time there are innocent victims its all over the news, its the same reason a lot of people watch nascar, they want to see the wrecks, I think he was just fed up with the priorities the news chooses to air. In any event he isn`t going to seek re-election.


Im referring to the fact that the reason Patrick's and Kucinich's vote on their bill was not being covered heavily is hat the MSM does not want to show democratic disunity.
They don't want it to look like there are Democrats who disagree with Obama.

i.e presenting a unified front on the issue.
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:11 pm

The bill was to totally pull out of the Afgan war, why its even called that I don`t know but to continually cover some nutcase that contradicts himself from one talk show to the next is crazy, if the man made any sense it would be one thing but all they are doing is throwing fuel on the fire. He should have never been voted in to begin with, when his kind leave we are all better off. Once Kennedy & a bunch of others are all gone hopefully we can get some change in government.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Patrick Kennedy rips press for covering democratic scandals

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:05 am

samhill wrote:The bill was to totally pull out of the Afgan war, why its even called that I don`t know but to continually cover some nutcase that contradicts himself from one talk show to the next is crazy, if the man made any sense it would be one thing but all they are doing is throwing fuel on the fire. He should have never been voted in to begin with, when his kind leave we are all better off. Once Kennedy & a bunch of others are all gone hopefully we can get some change in government.


I really, really wanted him to stay in just to see his carbo bloated, drug stupor indiced, DUI driving, security guard assaulting @$$ kicked in the election.
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95