There's more mercury in the back floor of the cab of my Chevy than in anybody's coal. I'm still able to type & form sentences, so all is well so far.
Spilled out of my carb stix -- basically a mercury manometer for carburetor sychronization on multi-cylinder bikes or cars. I bought it in '00 -- came with an eye dropper filled with 1.5 oz of mercury that I had to pour in. After 10 years little beads of mercury were stuck inside the tubes, making it's accuracy questionable. Tried to buy more mercury for it last year ... HA! Yeah right! Thanks for protecting me from myself Obama!
So basically I had to shitcan that setup & buy a new one.
But the whole point is if mercury was as bad as these enviro-nazis make it out to be, myself, my wife, father, grandfather .... or anyone else who had been around mercury would be completely insane. Sure, it's bad stuff .... if you EAT it, or inhale fumes all day. But if any of you saw how much I spilt in the carpet of my truck ..... took me forever to clean it up with an eyedropper, piece by piece. Definitely some still there, as the balls get smaller & smaller the more you mess with it. Oh well!