Just thought I would share installation description and photos. My EFM is running for weeks with no attendence to coal feed, just take the ashes out.
Advantages of skids/bulk bags;
1. Bulk coal price instead of bagged. Truck chutes coal into bulk bags.
2. No daily loading of bags, each bulk bag holds the equivalent of 54 fifty pound bags of coal, letting you go for weeks.
3. No mess, spillage, it is all sealed. Cleaner than a coal bin or bags.
4. They are great for low headroom cellars and windows where a coal bin would be impractical.
5. No shoveling, just kick the bag side to redistribute the last of the coal near the bottom.
6. You don't need to locate the boiler near a window, the skid/bulk bags can be located anywhere in your cellar.
7. They are easy to change and can be changed at any time to switch to biofuels.
8. You don't need to shovel out a coal bin or barrel if your auger gets clogged. You simply remove the skid.
9. The reusable skid/bulk bags are better for the environment, no bags.
10.It is the closest you can get to the convenience of oil without the oil price.
For slide show;http://www.flickr.com/photos/vermontday ... 415101209/
For pictures with descriptions;http://www.flickr.com/photos/vermontday ... 589020652/
Click on picture browser on right to advance.