H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:18 am

Here we go :


http://budget.house.gov/doc-library/FY2010/03.15.2010_reconciliation2010.PDF
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: Carlos On: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:01 am

Most Americans want health care reform
By Joel Benenson
Saturday, March 13, 2010


.....two recent polls, including one with the most negative ratings on health care, reveal through follow-up questions that a significant number of people who oppose current plans do so because they don't go far enough rather than because they go too far.Not only is it absurd to suggest that these people would rise up against Democrats for passing the president's plan, it is far more likely that they would join others who support the plan and punish those who tried to block reform or voted against it.
Carlos
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Harman
Stove/Furnace Model: Mark2

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: labman On: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:03 am

Carlos wrote:Most Americans want health care reform
By Joel Benenson
Saturday, March 13, 2010


.....two recent polls, including one with the most negative ratings on health care, reveal through follow-up questions that a significant number of people who oppose current plans do so because they don't go far enough rather than because they go too far.Not only is it absurd to suggest that these people would rise up against Democrats for passing the president's plan, it is far more likely that they would join others who support the plan and punish those who tried to block reform or voted against it.



I guess we will all know how the people feel about this in the next election! Personally, I believe alot of Washington Types will be out of a job! We all should know that surveys are done on a "Target Group" depending what they want it to reflect. "If you tell people horse crap tastes good long enough, they will start to agree with it."
labman
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: harman mk II
Stove/Furnace Make: harman
Stove/Furnace Model: MK II


Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:30 pm

Besides the new taxes, penalties and IRS enforcement powers your children can look forward to indoctrination, green jobs, social and environmental justice.

P. 2227

SEC. 343. ADVISORY COUNCIL ON GREEN, HIGH-PERFORMING PUBLIC SCHOOL FACILITIES.

(a) ESTABLISHMENT OF ADVISORY COUNCIL.—The Secretary shall establish an advisory council to be known as the ‘‘Advisory Council on Green, High-Performing Public School Facilities’’ (in this section referred to as the ‘‘Advisory Council’’) which shall be composed of

(1) appropriate officials from the Department

of Education;

(2) representatives of the academic, architectural, business, education, engineering, environmental, labor, and scientific communities; and

(3) such other representatives as the Secretary deems appropriate.

(b) DUTIES OF ADVISORYCOUNCIL.—

(1) ADVISORY DUTIES.—The Advisory Council shall advise the Secretary on the impact of green, high-performing schools, on—

(A) teaching and learning;
B) health;
(C) energy costs;
(D) environmental impact; and
(E) other areas that the Secretary and the Advisory Council deem appropriate.
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: pvolcko On: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:36 pm

Unless they posted an update in the last 24 hours, the bill that's posted is not the actual reconciliation bill, it is a placeholder so the committees can start marking up. The games that are being played on this... I wouldn't expect the real language to be posted until maybe 24 hours or so before the vote is scheduled (72 hour public posting promises be damned), and probably not until the CBO score comes back (can't actually stand by bill language that might break the faux $1 Trillion "ceiling" that has been set on this whole health care reform mess). That's assuming they can even come up with language that both the Senate and the House dems can agree on. For this deem and pass scheme, or even for a quick follow up reconciliation bill after a vote on the senate bill in the house, to work the bill they come up with in the house needs to be prearranged to pass the Senate without a second round of negotiations after the house passes it. This need for no back and forth negotiation after the house passes the reconciliation bill is why your hearing about things like nation wide medicaid funding and federal college loan take overs in the reconciliation bill, they need to buy off Dems that wanted obfuscated abortion funding as part of the final total reform package and they need to buy off at least one Republican in the Senate.
pvolcko
 

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:56 pm

I doesn't matter what the left posts, it will be a 2500 page socialist's wet dream. If this thing passes you can forget about business growth in the US.

Consider this chilling article:

http://finance.yahoo.com/careers-work/a ... et=&ccode=

First we lost unskilled labor jobs and their products, then we lost skilled labor jobs and their products. Now, professional jobs are leaving for China.

When will the left understand that heavy regulation, high taxes, and wealth redistribution ( including unions, welfare, government bailouts, and soon, universal health care) are the root of our destruction?

Must we lose it all to the Chinese first?
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:02 pm

We can only hope :(
labman wrote:
Carlos wrote:Most Americans want health care reform
By Joel Benenson
Saturday, March 13, 2010


.....two recent polls, including one with the most negative ratings on health care, reveal through follow-up questions that a significant number of people who oppose current plans do so because they don't go far enough rather than because they go too far.Not only is it absurd to suggest that these people would rise up against Democrats for passing the president's plan, it is far more likely that they would join others who support the plan and punish those who tried to block reform or voted against it.



I guess we will all know how the people feel about this in the next election! Personally, I believe alot of Washington Types will be out of a job! We all should know that surveys are done on a "Target Group" depending what they want it to reflect. "If you tell people horse crap tastes good long enough, they will start to agree with it."
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: tvb On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:08 pm

pvolcko wrote: I wouldn't expect the real language to be posted until maybe 24 hours or so before the vote is scheduled (72 hour public posting promises be damned)<emphasis mine>, and probably not until the CBO score comes back (can't actually stand by bill language that might break the faux $1 Trillion "ceiling" that has been set on this whole health care reform mess).


FAIL! It was posted this morning with a vote scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Lesse if we can figure the math out...Friday afternoon would be 24 hours, Saturday afternoon would be 48 hours, and Sunday afternoon? 72 hours!


http://www.rules.house.gov/bills_details.aspx?NewsID=4606
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:26 pm

(4) ACTIONS TO ENFORCE ASSESSMENTS.—The Secretary may bring a civil action
in any District Court of the United States to collect any civil penalty under
this subsection.


Good luck with that.

I anticipate the courts systems are going to be jammed with lawsuit dragging on for years.
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:31 pm

‘‘(5) RELIGIOUS CONSCIENCE EXEMPTION.—

‘‘(A) IN GENERAL.—Subsection (a) shall not apply to any individual (and
any qualifying child residing with such individual) for any period if such
individual has in effect an exemption which certifies that such individual
is a member of a recognized religious sect or division thereof described in
section 1402(g)(1) and an adherent of established tenets or teachings of
such sect or division as described in such section.

‘‘(B) EXEMPTION.—An application for the exemption described in subparagraph
(A) shall be filed with the Secretary at such time and in such form
and manner as the Secretary may prescribe. Any such exemption granted
by the Secretary shall be effective for such period as the Secretary determines
appropriate.


The Amish population just increased!
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:09 pm

I read that section and thought to myself that it might be a great idea to start a church right about now.....

The Church of the Immaculate Freedom.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:08 pm

CBO scoring shows that the bill will save $138B in the first decade and "zero to .25% of the GDP" in the subsequent decade (which translates to about $37.5B).

Quite frankly, that's peanuts. Furthermore, the savings simply come from a redistribution of wealth specifically from the wealthiest to the poorest. This law will face considerable legal challenge. 37 state's Attorneys General have suits ready for filing.

When one considers that government social spending programs have typically been underestimated by a factor of seven, the cost to the US budget in the next twenty years for this program could exceed $1 Trillion.

This bill is moronic.

http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/113xx/doc11355/hr4872.pdf
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: jpete On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Carlos wrote:Most Americans want health care reform


Most Americans are drooling mouth breathers.....
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:41 pm

jpete wrote:
Carlos wrote:Most Americans want health care reform


Most Americans are drooling mouth breathers.....


Sadly, it seems so.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: H.C. Reconcilliation Bill posted online

PostBy: pvolcko On: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:36 pm

tvb wrote:
pvolcko wrote: I wouldn't expect the real language to be posted until maybe 24 hours or so before the vote is scheduled (72 hour public posting promises be damned)<emphasis mine>, and probably not until the CBO score comes back (can't actually stand by bill language that might break the faux $1 Trillion "ceiling" that has been set on this whole health care reform mess).


FAIL! It was posted this morning with a vote scheduled for Sunday afternoon. Lesse if we can figure the math out...Friday afternoon would be 24 hours, Saturday afternoon would be 48 hours, and Sunday afternoon? 72 hours!


http://www.rules.house.gov/bills_details.aspx?NewsID=4606
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


I admit, I'm surprised they managed to pull together language in time for proper posting requirements. It's good that they did. I'd congratulate them if what they were trying to do wasn't so horrendously bad and if the prospect of using Deem and Pass weren't still on the table (by majority vote no less, even sadder). I hope they don't actually use that procedure for this. After all of this, if they can't be honest enough to give a clean up or down vote on the actual senate bill, separate from the fix bill, they betray their motives as being not to serve and be accountable to the people, but rather to accomplish their goals by any means necessary.

Lastly, I note that the CBO score is preliminary only, also that the score, preliminary or not, will be worthless once it gets mauled in the Senate due to reconcilliation rules violations and the amendment process.

But at least they managed to follow their own rule and pledge to get the crap sandwich follow up "fix" bill for the much derided and undesired health care reform bill posted 72 hours before the vote. Boo yah. :)
pvolcko