Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

Cast your for vote FOR/AGAINST the HC Bill

Poll ended at Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:10 pm

YES - I want that ObamaCare vill to become law
6
12%
NO- I don't want the the ObamaCare bill to become law
44
88%
 
Total votes : 50

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:10 pm

Sorry to hear about your wifes job Fred, hopefully things might change before the start of the new school year. The shame of it is they don`t even know how this is going to affect anything.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:25 pm

samhill wrote: <snip> The shame of it is they don`t even know how this is going to affect anything.


Actually, we do.
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:06 pm

freetown fred wrote:Well,just got good news : Momma got home from her cafeteria job at school w/ news that she will no longer be employed next yr. after 10 yrs--she's 56 & the new kid on the block.The story is that we both have health insurance through her group plan & they heard about price increases---what's at risk??her car that she's worked all her life to finally get a real nice one,our house because of taxes,etc Oh well we'll get through it like we do all this other sh_t the govmnt. dumps on us.Cool,I feel better,thanks for listening :) Anybody in the Cortland,NY area need an old man,well versed in just about everything or a kinda old woman--both hard workers,responsible & at least one of us is pretty good looking :)

Fred, very sorry to hear the news. But it has absolutely nothing to do with this week's healthcare bill. It has everything to do with the vast amounts of state aid which are being lost to school districts all over the state due to the recession. The district next to mine is looking at 35+% property tax increase.

It's very tough news for everybody, especially those like you guys who feel the ax. But we coal burners are a self-sufficient lot. I'm sure you guys will get through it.

And just think: thanks to the new law, if either of you has a medical condition, you won't have to worry that it'll be excluded as "pre-existing" at your next stop.

Best of luck to you.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace


Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:21 pm

stockingfull wrote:
And just think: thanks to the new law, if either of you has a medical condition, you won't have to worry that it'll be excluded as "pre-existing" at your next stop.



I'll be just like Christmas!

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/7281166/


Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:25 pm

C'mon, B&B, that's so 2008.

Besides, even the GOP supported outlawing denials based on pre-existing conditions.

And that's just one of a couple dozen reasons it won't be repealed.
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: freetown fred On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:29 pm

Jon,I agree w/ you.Patterson is making massive cuts--but the school bd. met & last night the uncertainty is freaking everyone out about the health care situation--she is not the only one to get cut in our district--no administrative,just working grunts :(
stockingfull wrote:
freetown fred wrote:Well,just got good news : Momma got home from her cafeteria job at school w/ news that she will no longer be employed next yr. after 10 yrs--she's 56 & the new kid on the block.The story is that we both have health insurance through her group plan & they heard about price increases---what's at risk??her car that she's worked all her life to finally get a real nice one,our house because of taxes,etc Oh well we'll get through it like we do all this other sh_t the govmnt. dumps on us.Cool,I feel better,thanks for listening :) Anybody in the Cortland,NY area need an old man,well versed in just about everything or a kinda old woman--both hard workers,responsible & at least one of us is pretty good looking :)

Fred, very sorry to hear the news. But it has absolutely nothing to do with this week's healthcare bill. It has everything to do with the vast amounts of state aid which are being lost to school districts all over the state due to the recession. The district next to mine is looking at 35+% property tax increase.

It's very tough news for everybody, especially those like you guys who feel the ax. But we coal burners are a self-sufficient lot. I'm sure you guys will get through it.

And just think: thanks to the new law, if either of you has a medical condition, you won't have to worry that it'll be excluded as "pre-existing" at your next stop.

Best of luck to you.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: stockingfull On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:38 pm

Funny how the admin types never get the ax, ain't it? :roll:
stockingfull
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Yellow Flame
Stove/Furnace Model: W.A. 150 Stoker Furnace

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:42 pm

Thats the American way, cut the guy that actually does something & keep the slugs that have relative ability.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:45 pm

Well Fred,we can't all be Obama Staffers. These are the times that try Regular People's Souls. Keep doing what the both of you have done so well....taking care of each other.
Hambden Bob
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: Richard S. On: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:51 am

For what it's worth I made this interesting observation, here's the long running poll :

Are you a Democrat or Republican? Redux

  • Answer
  • votes
  • percentage of votes


Democrat w/Hand-Fired
5
6%

Democrat w/Stoker
3
3%

Democrat w/Both hand fired and stoker
2
2%

Republican w/Hand-Fired
15
17%

Republican w/Stoker
24
27%

Republican w/Both hand fired and stoker
7
8%

Independent or other party w/Hand-Fired
10
11%

Independent or other party w/Stoker
15
17%

Independent or other party w/Both hand fired and stoker
7
8%


Total votes : 88


If we add up the Democratic votes we get 11% which is pretty close to the 12% that voted approval of this bill in this poll. ;)
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: Paulie On: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:54 am

I love math !
Paulie
 
Stove/Furnace Make: leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Pioneer

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: Richard S. On: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:02 am

The point Paulie is I think we can draw the conclusion that this bill is opposed by both Republicans and Independents, at least within the group of people here. Granted with only 50 votes it's not exactly a great number of people voting.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: freetown fred On: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:08 pm

but it does give the general gist of the situation--thanx for doing that Richard
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: Black_And_Blue On: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:03 pm

NEW YORK — AT&T Inc. said Friday it will take a $1 billion non-cash charge in the first quarter related to the health care overhaul.

AT&T's charge is the largest announced so far. Earlier this week, AK Steel Corp., Caterpillar Inc., Deere & Co. and Valero Energy announced similar accounting charges, saying the health care law that President Barack Obama signed Tuesday will raise their expenses.


Read the rest : http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gOfZ-GqupWhK1jO7SwYD4-G5bUWQD9EMG00O1

Hopey Changy
Black_And_Blue
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Alaska 140

Re: Cast your vote FOR/AGAINST the HC bill

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Ya beat me to the punch B&B!
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M