Hyfire II 512k fans

Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: ewcsretired On: Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:57 pm

Have read in one of the threads about the possibility of 512k fans for the Hyfire II. Is there anything new on this and when will they be available?
ewcsretired
 

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Matthaus On: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:12 pm

We just completed a test using the fans connected to the Coal-Trol and mounted on a Hyfire, worked very well. The next step is to revise the hot air jacket design and then test that. We also need to come up with a final design for the mounting retrofit kit since the fans are almost twice as wide as the 265 cfm units.

Bottom line we hope to have it all wrapped up and on the website for review by the end of this month or at the lates by the middle of April. :)
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: ewcsretired On: Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:27 pm

Excellent, will be looking forward with much interest. I have the jacket installed with 8 inch fans in the convection ducting. They work quite well but are rather noisy due to the short run to the room above.
ewcsretired
 

Visit Leisure Line Stove

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: poconoman On: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:29 pm

Matthaus wrote:We just completed a test using the fans connected to the Coal-Trol and mounted on a Hyfire, worked very well. The next step is to revise the hot air jacket design and then test that. We also need to come up with a final design for the mounting retrofit kit since the fans are almost twice as wide as the 265 cfm units.

Bottom line we hope to have it all wrapped up and on the website for review by the end of this month or at the lates by the middle of April. :)


Matt, by installing these 512k fans, I hope that eliminates the need to set off the other furnace's (propane) supply blower. Don't want to needlessly use more electricity. I'm having the Hyfire II go through the propane's return duct.

Hyfire II and heat jacket install.
poconoman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Matthaus On: Mon May 03, 2010 11:53 pm

Hi poconoman,

Yes of course it would be nice to run only the stove fans, it may be possible in some cases depending on duct configuration, location of stove with relation to return duct and the amount of resistance to air flow inside the furnace. The 1000 cfm rating is at 0 static pressure, so of course the enemy here is resistance to air flow, having said that the new fans should do a pretty decent job on a smaller size home with no need for the furnace fan to run.

We will be working closely with customers who get the new fans to get as much data as possible. We have many projects going on at once right now so I'm pushing myself to try and get the fan kit ready for sale by Mid June. Thanks for your interest. :)
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: poconoman On: Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 am

Matthaus wrote:Hi poconoman,

Yes of course it would be nice to run only the stove fans, it may be possible in some cases depending on duct configuration, location of stove with relation to return duct and the amount of resistance to air flow inside the furnace. The 1000 cfm rating is at 0 static pressure, so of course the enemy here is resistance to air flow, having said that the new fans should do a pretty decent job on a smaller size home with no need for the furnace fan to run.

We will be working closely with customers who get the new fans to get as much data as possible. We have many projects going on at once right now so I'm pushing myself to try and get the fan kit ready for sale by Mid June. Thanks for your interest. :)


I'm available to test the fans on my Hyfire II. ;)
poconoman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Hunlock On: Mon May 17, 2010 2:47 pm

poconoman wrote:
Matthaus wrote:Hi poconoman,

Yes of course it would be nice to run only the stove fans, it may be possible in some cases depending on duct configuration, location of stove with relation to return duct and the amount of resistance to air flow inside the furnace. The 1000 cfm rating is at 0 static pressure, so of course the enemy here is resistance to air flow, having said that the new fans should do a pretty decent job on a smaller size home with no need for the furnace fan to run.

We will be working closely with customers who get the new fans to get as much data as possible. We have many projects going on at once right now so I'm pushing myself to try and get the fan kit ready for sale by Mid June. Thanks for your interest. :)


I'm available to test the fans on my Hyfire II. ;)


ditto.

But, I'm closer......... :D
Hunlock
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Pocono Newbies On: Mon May 17, 2010 7:04 pm

Double Ditto! :lol:

Glad I stumbled onto this thread. We have our Hyfire II in our basement and it's running into our existing duct work. We were running the blower on our furnace to move the air. It worked, but not that well, because our blower is a 2 speed blower. It runs at low speed and when the heat limit switch detects that the temp is correct in the furnace, it turns the blower to high speed. (Don't know if all furnace blowers work this way, or only Carrier equipment). While running the Hyfire, though, the fan only runs on low speed, and it was not really enough to move the air well through the duct work. For this coming heating season, we planned on installing helper fans, but these new Hyfire blowers may just do the trick, especially since we are only heating 1600 sq. ft. of living space. The Hyfire heats the basement, in addition, just by being down there.

Connie
Pocono Newbies
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: ewcsretired On: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Any update on the release of the convection fans? Getting closer to the heating season here in the frigid north and want to upgrade or change a defunct booster fan.

Thanks
ewcsretired
 

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:09 pm

It is still on the list and getting closer to top but still more pressing projects have been ahead of the upgrade . Thanks , Dave
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: ewcsretired On: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Do you think it will be available by the first of October?
ewcsretired
 

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Flyer5 On: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:02 pm

I will check with Matt . Dave
Flyer5
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Pioneer

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Matthaus On: Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:56 pm

Matt is flat on this one! He has too many projects and not enough time, promise to have an update by next week, or you can come hunt me down and give me a punch! :P
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Matthaus On: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:01 pm

As has been promised elsewhere will have something next week, sorry for the delay too many projects not enough time! :)
Matthaus
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Leisure Line WL110 Dual Fuel
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Leisure Line Lil' Heater (rental house)
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Buckwheat Anthracite

Re: Hyfire II 512k fans

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm merging this thread with the earlier thread on the same topic, please try to avoid multiple threads about the same subject. Thanks very much!
Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Visit Leisure Line Stove