Coulter

Coulter

PostBy: Pa Dealer On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:22 pm

Glad to see that Canadian university denied Ann Coulter the chance to puke out her right wing cry baby crap.






ry
Pa Dealer
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 DF
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM DF 520
Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker

Re: Coulter

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:50 pm

I always figure that everyone has a right to voice their opinion but how any school would even consider paying someone that just seems to totally most things in this world is beyond me.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Coulter

PostBy: gerard On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:02 pm

yes, I'm certainly glad that a purported institute of higher learning only permits speech with which it agrees. I just wish we had that kind of freedom in this country! Are you people for real???????


Free speech unless I disagree with you - yeah THAT works :?
gerard
 
Stove/Furnace Make: yukon dual fuel
Stove/Furnace Model: husky


Re: Coulter

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:08 pm

gerard wrote:yes, I'm certainly glad that a purported institute of higher learning only permits speech with which it agrees. I just wish we had that kind of freedom in this country! Are you people for real???????

Free speech unless I disagree with you - yeah THAT works :?


So I'm guessing that you would disagree with the University of Wyoming canceling a speech by William Ayers?

The University of Wyoming has canceled a speech by William Ayers, the Weather Underground founder, after the appearance raised objections from the public and politicians.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/us/31 ... O_BRF.html
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: Coulter

PostBy: gerard On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:17 pm

I don't know enough about ayers to have an opinion. If he espouses violence, killing people, or taking up arms, I wouldn't give him a forum. Same for coulter but I'm not aware of her espousing violent solutions. I DO have a problem with ANY allegedly institute of higher learning picking and chosing who they allow to speak when it doesn't seem they ever limit extreme leftist views the way they do extreme right wing views. All I ask is don't be a hypocrite.
gerard
 
Stove/Furnace Make: yukon dual fuel
Stove/Furnace Model: husky

Re: Coulter

PostBy: Wood'nCoal On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Wood'nCoal
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1959 EFM 350
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Magnafire Mark I
Coal Size/Type: Rice and Chestnut
Other Heating: Fisher Fireplace Insert

Re: Coulter

PostBy: freetown fred On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:24 pm

Well put gerard,I have nothing to follow that one :)
gerard wrote:I don't know enough about ayers to have an opinion. If he espouses violence, killing people, or taking up arms, I wouldn't give him a forum. Same for coulter but I'm not aware of her espousing violent solutions. I DO have a problem with ANY allegedly institute of higher learning picking and chosing who they allow to speak when it doesn't seem they ever limit extreme leftist views the way they do extreme right wing views. All I ask is don't be a hypocrite.
freetown fred
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut/Stove mix

Re: Coulter

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:07 pm

Free speech is not what I was talking about, Coulter does nothing for free, I voiced my opinion about a school spending the parents money to have someone-anyone that hates most things & has a total disregard for others belief. It was my understanding that their were more students protesting than attending & it became a issue of safety that canceled her.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Coulter

PostBy: gerard On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 pm

samhill wrote:Free speech is not what I was talking about, Coulter does nothing for free, I voiced my opinion about a school spending the parents money to have someone-anyone that hates most things & has a total disregard for others belief. It was my understanding that their were more students protesting than attending & it became a issue of safety that canceled her.


It was a free speech issue. Canada does not have free speech. She was actually warned by the provost about a canadian law against "Hate speech" and was told she could be arrested. A canadian called defending coulter said they tend not to enforce the law against the extreme left, only the extreme right. THAT is what I had and have a problem with. What made it mroe ironic is that THEY invited HER.
gerard
 
Stove/Furnace Make: yukon dual fuel
Stove/Furnace Model: husky

Re: Coulter

PostBy: brckwlt On: Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:55 pm

tvb wrote:So I'm guessing that you would disagree with the University of Wyoming canceling a speech by William Ayers?


that was a good decision since william ayers is a terrorists.

I dont know about you, but i dont think terrorists have any right to speak at our university's
brckwlt
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Axeman-Anderson
Stove/Furnace Model: Rebuilt 1953 AA-130

Re: Coulter

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:37 am

Pa Dealer wrote:Glad to see that Canadian university denied Ann Coulter the chance to puke out her right wing cry baby crap.



but you are happy the Univ. Pitt paid Bill Ayers to speak his unrepentant terrorist America hating 60s left wing radicalism ?

..yeah, thot so



ry
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Re: Coulter

PostBy: wlape3 On: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:47 am

brckwlt wrote:
tvb wrote:So I'm guessing that you would disagree with the University of Wyoming canceling a speech by William Ayers?


that was a good decision since william ayers is a terrorists.

I dont know about you, but i dont think terrorists have any right to speak at our university's


Personally, I think everyone has a right to make a fool of themselves. Political correctness is what led to the Nazi rise in Germany. Silencing speakers with objectionable things to say mearly gives them credibility they do not deserve.
wlape3
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: 140 auger, forced hot air

Re: Coulter

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:07 am

Gerard, I wasn`t aware that Canada did not have free speech, in that case the school should have never invited her or most anyone else for that matter. We can`t impose our rights in a country that doesn`t share the same.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Coulter

PostBy: Pa Dealer On: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:09 pm

smokeyCityTeacher wrote:
Pa Dealer wrote:Glad to see that Canadian university denied Ann Coulter the chance to puke out her right wing cry baby crap.



but you are happy the Univ. Pitt paid Bill Ayers to speak his unrepentant terrorist America hating 60s left wing radicalism ?

..yeah, thot so



ry


I can't understand how you can know my feelings about the Bill Ayers speech since that is not even the subject but it is a typical right wing answer. Boo Hoo.

ry
Pa Dealer
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM 520 DF
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Other Heating: Keystoker
Stove/Furnace Make: EFM DF 520
Stove/Furnace Model: Keystoker

Re: Coulter

PostBy: Dann757 On: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:18 pm



PA Dealer, what do you deal? The pendulum swings both ways.
Dann757