another obamacare surprise

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:28 am

Two questions Sam...

First, who snopes Snopes?

And does this count as surveillence?

http://www.rfidjournal.com/article/articleview/3100/
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: Dann757 On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:40 am

rberq wrote: Only a dishonest writer strings together a partial truth


Wow, we never knew that! Of course that doesn't apply to your liberal opinion, correct? Of course. I'm more and more inclined to accept the Marxist takeover every day. Thank you so much.
Dann757
 

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:48 am

Jpete, they do something simular to that now except it involves a encapsulated camera or a radio active isotobe that they follow by full body x-ray.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75


Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:54 am

samhill wrote:Jpete, they do something simular to that now except it involves a encapsulated camera or a radio active isotobe that they follow by full body x-ray.


Are you saying that ok? Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: Yanche On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:32 am

Just to add some fuel to the fire:

“OBAMACARE” – SEPARATING FACTS FROM MYTHS

What does health care reform include … REALLY?

For more answers, you can visit http://www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform

Confusing doesn’t even begin to describe it. Throughout the very long debate over health care reform, a great deal of misinformation (spurred by presumption or misunderstanding) was circulating. Additionally, many changes and alterations to the proposed law were made along the way. At this point, some of the arguments your friends, neighbors or co-workers continue to debate don’t even factor into the legislation signed by President Obama. So what’s the truth behind the Affordable Health Care for America Act?

Q: Will I be forced to change insurance?
A: No. That’s a MYTH.
If you’re satisfied with your current plan, you can keep it.

Q: Will illegal immigrants now be covered by our money?
A: No. That’s a MYTH.
In fact, undocumented immigrants are expressly excluded from coverage. Only legal immigrants who pay their share will be covered.

Q: Will I go to jail or be harassed by the IRS if I don’t have health coverage?
A: No. That’s a MYTH.
In 2014 Americans (except Native Americans, Inmates or those with religious objections) will be required to have health insurance or pay an annual penalty. True. However, the law prevents the IRS from using levies, liens or seizing property. Additionally, the IRS cannot impose criminal penalties (such as time in jail).

Q: I heard there was going to be a 10% tax increase across the board. Is that true?
A: No. That is a MYTH.
While there will be tax implications, most of the bigges t changes apply to medical manufacturers, insurers and pharmaceutical companies. In fact, some Americans may see no changes at all. Tax changes that could affect average individuals include …

• A 10% sales tax on indoor tanning (yes, really)
• A 0.9% increase on the Medicare tax rate
• A 3.8% tax on investment income for individuals earning more than $200,000 and households earning more than $250,000 5
• Taxes on high-end or “Cadillac” health care plans (this excise tax would not begin until 2018 and only apply to insurers of plans that exceed $10,200 annually for individual coverage, or $27,500 annually for family coverage)

Q: Will the government now pay for abortions?
A: No. That’s a MYTH.
The law already in place which prevents using federal money to fund abortions (except in cases of rape, incest, or danger to a woman’s life) is not being altered .

Q: Will I have to pay for other people’s abortions?
A: No. That’s a MYTH.
Those opposed to abortion will not be forced to assist in funding them. You can simply select a plan that does not offer them. This applies not only to people who may have objections to abortions on moral grounds, but also to those who simply have no reason to pay an extra premium for that type of coverage (such as women past their child bearing years or single men).

Q: Does the “Public Option” mean the government will run health care?
A: No. That’s a MYTH … and a non-factor at this point.
In fact, the “public option” did not make it into the final legislation that President Obama signed. THERE IS NO PUBLIC OPTION. Even before it was dropped from the bill, it was misunderstood to be government-run health care – wherein the government would make your health care d ecisions. Rather, it would have been government-provided insurance option to compete with private insurance.

Q: Will my Medicare benefits be cut in order to extend care to others?
A: No. That, too, is a MYTH.
Brooks Jackson, director of FactCheck.org, says that although the reform package includes $500 billion in "cuts", it does NOT include traditional Medicare benefit reductions.

Q: Does this mean that “death panels” are now a reality?
A: No. And they never were.
This myth was based on misunderstanding of a provision in the original bill that required payment, by Medicare, for health care practitioner-led end-of-life counseling. This is not part of the law.

For more answers, you can visit http://www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform
Yanche
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Alternate Heating Systems S-130
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: tvb On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:38 am

Yanche, there you go again, letting facts get in the way of a good yarn. :lol:
tvb
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing III

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:49 am

Well Lisa, if you need diagnostic tests done & thats the best & latest & most non-evasive way then I`m saying its OK. I`ve had the isotope thing done & it beats exploratory surgery & I was given that option. Besides not being able to sleep because I was glowing too brightly I didn`t notice any long term effects.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:22 am

Gee, it reminds me of the magical map in one of the Harry Potter movies. The map showed where everyone was in real time.

Wouldn't that be a handy tool of control for your foes to use against you?
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: mikeandgerry On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:40 am

Yanche wrote:Just to add some fuel to the fire:

“OBAMACARE” – SEPARATING FACTS FROM MYTHS

What does health care reform include … REALLY?


For more answers, you can visit http://www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform



If you really want answers, read the law, not the White House sales pitch. Really, Yanche, I am surprised at you.

What will cost everyone is the increase in your state and local taxes which will rise due to the mandates placed on the states without federal funding.

1) Medicaid coverage has been increased. State responsibilities have increased. Local and state taxes will increase.

2) Obviously, per John's post, the penalty on the uninsured is not collectible in a practical sense. Without incentive, millions will remain uninsured despite heavy taxation on the wealthy and businesses.

3) illegal immigrants will continue to burden the system and the costs will continue to be borne by the consumer.

4) Under the new rules, insurance companies will not be able to differentiate their products in competition at the affordable levels. The commoditization of their product will destroy both profit and interest leaving few choices for consumers.

5) Eventually the public option will be instituted as "relief" and it will be the only option by the fact that the government drives the private insurers out of business.


It is a well laid trap.
Last edited by mikeandgerry on Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
mikeandgerry
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman-Anderson Anthratube 130-M

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:12 pm

mikeandgerry wrote:
Yanche wrote:Just to add some fuel to the fire:

“OBAMACARE” – SEPARATING FACTS FROM MYTHS

What does health care reform include … REALLY?


For more answers, you can visit http://www.whitehouse.gov/healthreform



If you really want answers, read the law, not the White House sales pitch. Really, Yanche, I am surprised at you.


Jeez Yanche, I'm sorry to hear that you have drunk the kool-aid, too. There are so many things wrong with your "separating facts for myths" claim I don't know where to begin. On second thought, I'm certainly not going to waste my time again after all the discussion we've had on this forum about the health care law. What did you expect the Whitehouse.gov site to tell you? If you want the truth go to the source, read the bill. I suppose the fact that 12 or more states are suing the Federal Government over the increased unfunded mandates shows you nothing. I'll spell it out for you - you the text payer is going to be paying for those mandates to the tune of 1.2 trillion dollars. Your state taxes are going to soar. The federal government doesn't have the money because all their money they get from you and I venture to say you don't have it either. Have you looked at the math at all. Tell me how do you or anyone else add 32 million people to the medicaid program and expect the cost to go down. It won't anymore then adding twins to your family will make your expenses go down. How can you say that it excludes illegal aliens when it's always been the law that hospitals must treat anyone who shows up at the doors. You will pay for that, too. That's basic math.

The rest of the program's math doesn't add up either. You know, this has been hashed over so many times it is now ridiculous. You obviously want to believe all the lies Obama has told you. So fine, believe it - be a sheople but you will experience the truth about what's in the plan come Jan when the new taxes that will apply to you kick in. You won't get any benefits for 4 years but they start taxing you this year? How's that going to work out for you? How do I know, because I've read the law; not the Whitehouse website. I've spent time researching for myself and I see how it's going to impact my parents who have already been told they will receive less service and may not be able to find a specialist my father needs.

I would think that by this point in Obama's administration you'd have realized that Obama as broken every promise he made during the election cycle. Jimeny, do a google search on that alone and see what you get. Do you suppose that he has now decided to repent and tell the truth? What a joke? This was never about health care and you sheople are too slow at recognizing that. Oh well, some folks just have to experience it for themselves. I hope it works out for you. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:49 pm

samhill wrote:Jpete, they do something simular to that now except it involves a encapsulated camera or a radio active isotobe that they follow by full body x-ray.

It's a little different. I've had a PET scan. I've never had my pills call my doctor and report that I didn't take them.

It's a small but significant difference.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Just where did you get the information that your pills would be able to do that?
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: jpete On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:59 pm

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2 ... r-medicine

So much for going off your meds. University of Florida researchers have created an ingestible pill capsule fitted with a tiny microchip and antenna that alerts doctors or family members each time a pill is taken. Miss a dose and you're busted.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Its a prototype but my guess is it will be coming soon. Or they could wake up & realize that a lot of people try & go every other dose because they can`t afford the medication. My wife said thats the case more often than not. I would only guess that a pill with a chip would only cost a good bit more.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: another obamacare surprise

PostBy: rberq On: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:12 pm

lowfog01 wrote: This is scary because it's unconstitutional and infringes our our personal liberties.

Every law infringes on somebody's personal liberties. Having to put real mufflers on motorcycles infringes on owners' liberties. The fact that I can't put rock salt in my shotgun to chastise those without mufflers, infringes on my liberties. And stop with the "unconstitutional" -- it ain't unconstitutional until the Supreme Court says so.

lowfog01 wrote:Take smoking for example, since when has a citizen not been allowed to enjoy a legally available product any where they chose
Very poor example. If you put your face six inches from someone else's, and exhale your smoke, I think even you would agree that is wrong. But if you smoke in in six by six elevator in a hospital for cystic fibrosis patients, as long as you don't blow directly into anyone's face, is that OK? ("anywhere they chose", you said.) And speaking of laws that restrict liberties, it's damned inconvenient that you Virginia tobacco growers can't own slaves any longer.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane