Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:02 am


http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/04 ... .html?_r=1

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- Opponents of the fiscally conservative tea party movement say they plan to infiltrate and dismantle the political group by trying to make its members appear to be racist, homophobic and moronic.

Jason Levin, creator of ***crashtheteaparty.org***, said Monday the group has 65 leaders in major cities across the country who are trying to recruit members to infiltrate tea party events for April 15 -- tax filing day, when tea party groups across the country are planning to gather and protest high taxes.

''Every time we have someone on camera saying that Barack Obama isn't an American citizen, we want someone sitting next to him saying, 'That's right, he's an alien from outer space!''' Levin said.

------------------------


Note theasterisks added by me so slime don't get link. Here's direct quote from the site:

"a nationwide network of Democrats, Republicans, and Independents who are all sick and tired of that loose affiliation of racists, homophobes, and morons; who constitute the fake grass-roots movement which calls itself 'The Tea Party.


...and

Whenever possible, we will act on behalf of the Tea Party in ways which exaggerate their least appealing qualities (misspelled protest signs, wild claims in TV interviews, etc.) to further distance them from mainstream America and damage the public's opinion of them. We will also use the inside information that we have gained in order to disrupt and derail their plans.


Par for the course from the extreme left. Tear down what someone else has done and use it for your goals instead of doing it yourself.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: samhill On: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:52 am

But under our constitutional rights don`t they have the same freedom of speech as the right wing nuts that as you point out are still crying that B. O. isn`t a citizen? Seems to me that if one side can call names or disrupt & fabricate things then the other can do it as well. I don`t agree with it from either side, I believe that it has brought American politics to a new low which in itself is hard to believe but if its good for one then its good for the other.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 am

samhill wrote:But under our constitutional rights don`t they have the same freedom of speech as the right wing nuts that as you point out are still crying that B. O. isn`t a citizen? Seems to me that if one side can call names or disrupt & fabricate things then the other can do it as well. I don`t agree with it from either side, I believe that it has brought American politics to a new low which in itself is hard to believe but if its good for one then its good for the other.


The point is that this is a deliberate attempt to discredit members of the tea parties by planting individuals who do not share the tea partiers’ goals. Do they have the right to free speech, of course, but their rights end where mine begin and that means unless they planned the event or were invited, they should stay at home and if they do go they should expect to be shouted down and removed by legal authority if need be.

Sam, can you provide a link that proves conclusively that the tea partiers, right wing organizations or the republicans in general have “called names or disrupted and fabricated things” to deliberately disrupt a Democratic, Progressive or Liberal gathering. I venture to say one doesn’t exist. Andrew Briebart from biggovernment.com has offered $100,000 for any video or audio tape of any such activities by the Tea Partiers – particularly for the occurrence at the capital when the N-word was supposedly used but after 3 weeks that money is still safely in his bank account. No, when we protest we mind our manners and we clean up after ourselves. If any side “has brought American politics to a new low” it’s the left as represented by the SEIU Vice President you hear planning to discredit tea partiers on video tape. For that matter, it wasn’t the tea partier’s pelting the Tea Party Express bus with eggs in downtown Spotlight, Nevada. Just for laughs and giggles try to get onto http://theteapartyisover.org/ where the plan to discredit the tea parties is all laid out for the world to see. That sure isn't a right wing webpage. Better yet do a google search and follow the money, someone is paying for this effort to discredit the tea parties.

I quote the great Democratic Statesman, Daniel Patrick Moynihan "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." If it is your opinion that both sides have sunk to a new low by calling names or disrupting & fabricating things then please back it up with facts. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea


Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: Richard S. On: Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:59 am

samhill wrote:But under our constitutional rights don`t they have the same freedom of speech as the right wing nuts that as you point out are still crying that B. O. isn`t a citizen? Seems to me that if one side can call names or disrupt & fabricate things then the other can do it as well. I don`t agree with it from either side, I believe that it has brought American politics to a new low which in itself is hard to believe but if its good for one then its good for the other.


Sam they are well within their rights to speak out all they want about the tea party but this is deceit and manipulation, has nothing to do with free speech. It's dirty and underhanded. They are basically planting people in crowds that do not hold the views of the Tea Party to pretend they are Tea Party members in the hopes of swaying the public's opinion by making them look like a bunch of racists and buffoons. They are doing the very thing they are protesting about.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: SMITTY On: Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:02 am

Left wingers at work!

Just like whiney, spoiled children: When the older, smarter sister gets all the attention ... run over & stomp on her sandcastles. :roll:
SMITTY
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Patriot Coal - custom built by Jim Dorsey
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mark III (not currently in use)
Coal Size/Type: Rice / Blaschak anthracite
Other Heating: Oil fired Burnham boiler


Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:21 am

I thought that in my post I stated that I did not think that it was right, read it again & there it was. And as for providing proof of the right doing it, even if I could or would it would just be called a lie so whats the point. I don`t know if these things are happening for sure, just like everything that is on the net about untruths in the HC bill, the rep. that shouted out you lie to the Pres., thats freedom of speech. I`m just pointing out that its not right for either side, IMO but that its legal to do. Could be that its people that think the Tea Party is making a stand for something that they believe in & then discover that its not, I don`t know. Some here need to lighten up a bit also IMO, you read some but read into it what you want. This whole thing reminds me of a high school cheer, "Smear to the Left-Smear to the Right-Stand up-Sit down- Fight-Fight-Fight."
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: Dann757 On: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:53 am

Here's another high school cheer:

Marxist Rule! Marxist Rule!
Dupe the kids into thinking it's cool!

Sis Boom Bah! Rah Rah Rah!
Barry's at the head of a commie plot!

Get up and shout! Get up and shout!
He'll wreck this country from the inside out!

With those big ears! With those big ears!
He didn't hear Wright for twenty years!

Chavez gets the brutha shake!
No American flag on the Haiti quake!

Cut the nukes around the globe!
Except Iran in their funny robes!

YAYYYYYY Barrrrry!
Dann757
 

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: samhill On: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 am

There you go Dan, at least my cheer went both ways, right & left. You right wingers must not believe in equal rights, again just kidding.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: Dann757 On: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 pm

C'mon Sam, what cheer cheers for both sides? There is hope for you though, come over to the right side of the force and together we will rule the country.....
Dann757
 

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: Richard S. On: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:19 pm

samhill wrote:And as for providing proof of the right doing it, even if I could or would it would just be called a lie so whats the point.


Well Sam when I reference an article there's about 99.9% chance there is a good deal of truth to it. I was actually a little leery about it because it was new story but since it's AP article that ran in the NYT I went with it.

FYI this has even been picked by a few of the liberal sites like Huffingtonpost, if it's been faked by the Republicans it's great scam.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:17 am

samhill wrote:I thought that in my post I stated that I did not think that it was right, read it again & there it was. And as for providing proof of the right doing it, even if I could or would it would just be called a lie so whats the point. I don`t know if these things are happening for sure, just like everything that is on the net about untruths in the HC bill, the rep. that shouted out you lie to the Pres., thats freedom of speech. I`m just pointing out that its not right for either side, IMO but that its legal to do. Could be that its people that think the Tea Party is making a stand for something that they believe in & then discover that its not, I don`t know. Some here need to lighten up a bit also IMO, you read some but read into it what you want. This whole thing reminds me of a high school cheer, "Smear to the Left-Smear to the Right-Stand up-Sit down- Fight-Fight-Fight."


The thing that stands out is it doesn't matter if you think it is right. The thing is you can think anything and it still be wrong. It happens all the time, no two people see the same thing exactly the same. That's why you've got to be sure that what you say can be backed up by fact or it's just your opinion; and those facts must be reviewed for bias and inaccuracies in presentation. As for your fears that folks will call you a liar for stating fact that speaks volumes on how you view us. I venture to say that hasn't happened on this forum since a fact is inarguable and we are all reasonable individuals - it's a fact just like 2 + 2 will always make 4. The truth is by presenting your opinion that both sides are acting deplorable as fact you are painting me and every other conservative here with the same brush the left or liberals have painted themselves with their actions; as lying hypocrites who will do or say anything to get things to go their way. I'm sorry but that is factually inaccurate and I will not let it or other such nonsense go unchallenged. The Tea Party infiltration and health care bill are the most recent cases in point but the Banking Reform bill is next and the Democrats have said they will use the same tactics to pass that. What has the Right done and will continue to do; fight it with every means legally and ethically available to us despite being portrayed as the racist buffons. The Left can't make the same claim and I can document it as fact.

So while you may see that there is a "need to lighten up at bit" I suggest the you begin to provide the sources for your "middle of the road" statements and obvious personal opinions. The internet makes it very easy to do. Lisa
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:42 am

Lisa, if you truly believe that the problems with this country have all been caused by the liberals that in itself speaks volumes, and that the conservative side has spoken nothing but the truth & that this whole mess with the bail outs, health care, banking & anything else thats coming down the pike is all one sides fault then I will not even waste ur or my time. If you would take the time to read what I said was that I didn`t agree that it was right from either side but that it is not against the law. As I pointed out in the citizen dispute, it has been accepted as fact though the venting, courts, papers have been provided & accepted but it still keeps coming up that its all a lie, so I ask you how would a fact be proven as such? Maybe if Smitty (I think it was him) gets moving on that time machine some from both sides of a discussion can go back & watch it actually happen. As I said from the get-go once again "I do not believe its right from either side, morally, but under the constitution we do still have freedom of speech". If you would do me a favor & read your very first line, "it doesn`t matter if you think its right", I don`t believe that I ever said that, I don`t always express myself correctly but please don`t put words in my mouth.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 am

samhill wrote:Lisa, if you truly believe that the problems with this country have all been caused by the liberals that in itself speaks volumes, and that the conservative side has spoken nothing but the truth & that this whole mess with the bail outs, health care, banking & anything else thats coming down the pike is all one sides fault then I will not even waste ur or my time."


My problem is that you say you are the middle of the road but you keep saying that neither of the parties did anything while they were in office and then seem to only "jump" on the right's stand. That's why I believe you to be a liberal. As I have said before there is plenty of blame to go around and we need to fix it but for pete's sake recognize that when the Republicans last had power they did something, i.e. the Welfare Reform Act of 1996 before screwing up again and being removed from power because of it. Recognize that the Republicans were literally locked out of the conversation during the recent health care debacle. Also recognize that since the Democrats have returned to power the DEFICIT has quadrupled and more spending is coming. These are all facts and can be documented. So no I don't believe that the liberals are solely responsible for the mess we are in but I also recognize who has been in control of the Congress the past decade and it's not been the Republicans! Yes, the deficient rose significantly under Bush but that could only have happened with a willing Democratic Congress. That is a fact.
(*edited for spelling :) )

samhill wrote:If you would take the time to read what I said was that I didn`t agree that it was right from either side but that it is not against the law.



This is my point - "You don't know if these things" - (i.e. Republican negative behavior) "are happening for sure" so you are passing on conjecture that as far as you know has no basis in truth. I note that every one of your examples - "untruths in the HC bill, the rep. that shouted out you lie to the Pres and more" can be documented in various media outlets. That makes them facts. You pass along facts, not conjecture. Conjecture is saying that the right as a whole has been guilty of the same kind of behavior as the left and not backing it up with fact.


samhill wrote:As I pointed out in the citizen dispute, it has been accepted as fact though the venting, courts, papers have been provided & accepted but it still keeps coming up that its all a lie, so I ask you how would a fact be proven as such?


I don't know what you have been reading since you don't like to provide links but I have yet to see any court finding that states without a doubt that Obama's citizenship has been proven as fact. There have been several court challenges that have been found to be without standing and therefore dropped. The state of Hawaii has said that the Birth Certificate exists but he refuses to release it; perfectly legal under current law. Before anyone here casts me as a "birther" I not. Obama was born of an American mother and as long as the required paperwork was filed with the State Department he is an American Citizen no matter where he was born. That paperwork has not been made available either so that's why the question continues. A simple phone call from Obama to the Hawaii Dept of Vital Records could remove all doubt. As for vetting of Obama, give me a break. The folks responsible for his vetting, the media have screwed us over on this. Tell me what did Obama do academically while at Occidental College or at Columbia? He would have us believe he never wrote a paper or completed an academic study at any time in his life. He is the first Editor of the Harvard Law Review that never published an article? How about a Law Professor that never published anything academic either? Where did he get the money to travel around the world as he did between stops at the various schools his attended?

samhill wrote:... If you would do me a favor & read your very first line, "it doesn`t matter if you think its right", I don`t believe that I ever said that, I don`t always express myself correctly but please don`t put words in my mouth.


***Samhill also wrote in previous post: " I don`t know if these things are happening for sure, just like everything that is on the net about untruths in the HC bill, the rep. that shouted out you lie to the Pres., thats freedom of speech. I`m just pointing out that its not right for either side, IMO but that its legal to do."

I am not putting words in your mouth your own words provide the implication that "You don't know if these things" - (i.e. Republican negative behavior) "are happening for sure" yet you pass it along as right. I merely pointed out that what you feel is right isn't necessarily true because of your perception. You must feel that is right (as in correct information) or you wouldn't have passed it along.

Lisa
Last edited by lowfog01 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I
Coal Size/Type: nut/pea

Re: Left Wing Nutcases Use Smear Tactics Against Tea Party

PostBy: samhill On: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:03 pm

If in my own words I say that "I DON`T KNOW IF THESE THINGS ARE HAPPENING FOR SURE" how in the world is that interpreted as me saying that as a fact? I`ll end this by saying what you want to hear, you are totally right in everything you say, you`ll probably find something wrong about that statement also. But have a nice day anyway. Sorry for the so called yelling.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75