Henry rifles

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: nortcan On: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:16 am

VigIIPeaBurner wrote:Just a note of interest, Henrys have a long history supporting the formation of the US. It all started not too far from where I live, just accost the Delaware River near the current town of Wind Gap PA. Follow the links then scroll down to 'Area Attractions'.

Enjoy!

Hi Vig11PeaBurner. Very interesting to read, an other part of Henry's story is included in the Henry's catalog, first page: Henry yesterday, www.henry-guns.com
I really think all Americans(including Canadians) should be proud of the contributions of these industrial family, especially when they still have their products Made in America.
salutations
nortcan
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: nortcan On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Hi, when I posted :Henry rifles,I was waiting for thousands answers...Mistake. I probably love too much those lever action rifles.
Salutations
nortcan
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: PC 12-47E On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:25 pm

nortcan wrote:Hi, I probably love too much those lever action rifles.
Salutations


Hi nortcan, Most North Americans, that like rifles, also love lever action rifles. My Winchester 1892 clone is made in Brazil by Rossi. 8-)

Have a great day, PC 12
Attachments
DSC00186.JPG
(94.61 KiB) Viewed 14 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
Rossi 1892 SS .45 COLT
[nepathumb]21164[/nepathumb]
PC 12-47E
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Estate Heatrola, Jotul 507


Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: nortcan On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:27 pm

PC 12-47E wrote:
nortcan wrote:Hi, I probably love too much those lever action rifles.
Salutations


Hi nortcan, Most North Americans, that like rifles, also love lever action rifles. My Winchester 1892 clone is made in Brazil by Rossi. 8-)

Have a great day, PC 12

Hi , nice rifle. Is your rifle a real firing rifle or a not- shooting rifle? What gauge is it(caliber)? Is it expensive, can you talk about the price of it? I know just a little about Rossi arms but are they good rlfles? What motivated you for it?
Salutations from Qc, Canada
nortcan
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: PC 12-47E On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:14 pm

nortcan wrote:
PC 12-47E wrote:
nortcan wrote:



Hi , nice rifle. Is your rifle a real firing rifle or a not- shooting rifle? What gauge is it(caliber)? Is it expensive, can you talk about the price of it? I know just a little about Rossi arms but are they good rlfles? What motivated you for it?
Salutations from Qc, Canada


Hi nortcan, This Rossi is a copy of the Winchester Model 1892 Rifle. The Model 1892 rifle & carbines are a small frame that was designed for Revolver / Pistol cartridges. This Rifle is chambered in .45 Colt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.45_Colt

I live on a salt water river in Mid Coast , Maine and this rifle is built with staniless steel. The price for the Rossi is in the $450. US. range. This rifle is fun to shoot, lightweight, and is capable to take any North American game under 150 yards.

PC 12 ( Eddie )

EDIT: Also take a look at this.... http://www.leverguns.com/articles/paco/ ... vergun.htm
Attachments
Rossi .45 Colt.jpg
(27.4 KiB) Viewed 6 times
View: New PagePopup • Select:BBCode
[nepathumb]21170[/nepathumb]
.45 Colt.jpg
.45 Colt.jpg (4.07 KiB) Viewed 1668 times
Select:BBcode:
[nepafile=21171].45 Colt.jpg[/nepafile]
PC 12-47E
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Estate Heatrola, Jotul 507

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:53 pm

I believe since Taurus Int. bought out Rossi about 5 years ago that Rossi does not make that rifle anymore .
Stick with a Marlin or Henry Rifle American made. Just not a big fan of brazilian steel.

http://www.taurususa.com/

http://www.rossiusa.com/2010catalog/?catalog_page=10

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/default.asp

http://www.henryrepeating.com/rifles.cfm
Last edited by coal berner on Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: PC 12-47E On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:01 pm

coal berner wrote:I believe since Taurus Int. bought out Rossi about 5 years ago that Rossi does not make that rifle anymore .
Stick with a Marlin or Henry Rifle American made.

http://www.taurususa.com/

http://www.rossiusa.com/2010catalog/?catalog_page=10


The marlin and the henry are good rifles but they are NOT AS STRONG as the Rossi.
Rossi is making the Winchester 1892 Clone....

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?category=8

PC 12

Edit: This Rifle was designed by John M. Browning. A True American!!!! ;)
PC 12-47E
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Estate Heatrola, Jotul 507

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: nortcan On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Hi PC12,nothing with the subject but can you explain what is your salt water river? I know salt sea water but salt river water? Does it make the air more salty cause you mentionned the rifle is st.steel,
Salutations
nortcan
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: PC 12-47E On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:45 pm

nortcan wrote:Hi PC12,nothing with the subject but can you explain what is your salt water river? I know salt sea water but salt river water? Does it make the air more salty cause you mentionned the rifle is st.steel,
Salutations


The river extends from the Atlantic Ocean. The River is called The Sheepscot River. We live about eight miles from the open ocean. The water is salt water with an average tide change of about nine feet. Stainless steel is the best choice for a firearm in our climate.
Yes, Sea water = Salt water.

Eddie

Edit: The air is more salty. Not very good for regular blued steel.
PC 12-47E
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Estate Heatrola, Jotul 507

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: nortcan On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:57 pm

PC12, thanks for the infos. Is your's lever action rough or smooth? I have a Marlin 336,30-30 and the action is very stiff. I don't care about it cause I bought it only because I like the look of it. For target shooting, we use the Henry, 1 H001, 1 Golden Boy, both 22LR. Lot of choice for your Rossi L.A. model. The look is very nice.
Salutations
nortcan
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: PC 12-47E On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:10 pm

nortcan wrote:PC12, thanks for the infos. Is your's lever action rough or smooth? I have a Marlin 336,30-30 and the action is very stiff. I don't care about it cause I bought it only because I like the look of it. For target shooting, we use the Henry, 1 H001, 1 Golden Boy, both 22LR. Lot of choice for your Rossi L.A. model. The look is very nice.
Salutations


The action is getting much better after about 300 rounds fired. I would say that it is smooth now. I did take the action apart and cleaned up the rough spots. This Rifle was new in December of 2009.
I also have a stainless Marlin 1894 & a Browning, Made by Miroku in Japan ( 1892 ) I like the Rossi better for everyday use. If you need a Scope, get the Marlin. :roll:

Eddie
PC 12-47E
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Estate Heatrola, Jotul 507

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:22 pm

PC 12-47E wrote:
coal berner wrote:I believe since Taurus Int. bought out Rossi about 5 years ago that Rossi does not make that rifle anymore .
Stick with a Marlin or Henry Rifle American made.

http://www.taurususa.com/

http://www.rossiusa.com/2010catalog/?catalog_page=10


The marlin and the henry are good rifles but they are NOT AS STRONG as the Rossi.
Rossi is making the Winchester 1892 Clone....

http://www.rossiusa.com/product-list.cfm?category=8

PC 12

Edit: This Rifle was designed by John M. Browning. A True American!!!! ;)

Yep miss them in the Rossi catalog .
I Was in the Fire Arms business for over 30 + years along with gunsmithing No need to try a educate me Thanks.
We are talking about a Rossi made gun using Brazilian steel not a Original browning / Winchester Firearm using American steel. However I will agree with you about John M Browning . He held over 164 patents for firearms and Winchester bought and owned over 44 of them . Their relationship stopped when Browning designed the 1903 auto shotgun and could not come to terms with Winchester That's when Browning went with FN in Belgium the 1903 patent was license to Remington in 1905 Remington started their model 11 auto shotgun 1905 to 1947 and FN still was making 1903 up until 1939 then Remington took over the production 1940 to 1952 In 1952 FN took over again until the discontinue of the A 5 in 1999 a lot of them were made in Japan as well by Miroku firearms That is a whole another story From the late 60's to present most Browning's are made there as well as some of the Winchester The Winchester 1892 is a Much better built gun then the Browning B-92 which came out in 1978. also alot of browning's where made by FN and assembled in Portugal.
In any case I personally sent back or had to fix a hell of lot more Rossi firearms then Marlin or Henry firearms
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: PC 12-47E On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:49 pm

coal burner, you need to clam down a bit. Rossi has made the 1892 for many different companies for quite a few years. Taurus, Navy Arms, etc......

The present day Winchester Model 1892 limited production, made by Miroku ( Japan ) is a very high quality rifle. But I can buy 4 Rossi's for the same price as one Miroku / Winchester and with a little work the Rossi is almost as good.

Also you forgot John Browning's 1897 & 1893 pump shot guns, the 1911 45 acp, The BAR, The 1917 .30 cal machine gun, and the 1919 M2 .50 Cal BMG, the 1885, the 1886, the 1894, the 1895 etc... Educate..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :P
PC 12-47E
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Estate Heatrola, Jotul 507

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:17 pm

PC 12-47E wrote:coal burner, you need to clam down a bit. Rossi has made the 1892 for many different companies for quite a few years. Taurus, Navy Arms, etc......

The present day Winchester Model 1892 limited production, made by Miroku ( Japan ) is a very high quality rifle. But I can buy 4 Rossi's for the same price as one Miroku / Winchester and with a little work the Rossi is almost as good.

Also you forgot John Browning's 1897 & 1893 pump shot guns, the 1911 45 acp, The BAR, The 1917 .30 cal machine gun, and the 1919 M2 .50 Cal BMG, the 1885, the 1886, the 1894, the 1895 etc... Educate..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :P

I guess you miss my point that I was trying to get across that being there was alot of other companies making Browning's
designs Winchester being the largest Remember browning was a designer Not a manufacturer He design them and sold them to other's who made them . As for the models you have above I owned several 1893 & 1897 as well as bought sold & worked on more then most will ever see in a life time . also have a few 1900 1903 1905 1907 1910 & of course several 1911's a few baby model still looking for a nice 1899 model . By the way Marlin made and had a patent on a 1889 exposed hammer pump shotgun which the later Marlin model 1898 was base off of which was design and marketed before Browning's 1893 hammer shotgun .. As For Navy Arms They where a importer of many different firearms companies & military weapons Their main one was A. Uberti which made alot of repro guns knew the Original owner Harry very well as for as making guns for Taurus I am afraid Not Taurus Inter.bought them 5 Years ago They own Rossi . Taurus started in Brazil in 1958 Inter arms was the first main importer Of Rossi then in 1998 BrazTech International took over and in 05 or 06 Taurus International bought out Rossi .
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Henry rifles

PostBy: nortcan On: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi both of you, very nice demonstration of your knoledges. It's always fun to learn something new.
Now I personally invite all of you,readers to join your comments for an American made product Henry rifles!
I hope there are more than 2 personnes interested in rifles.
Salutations
nortcan
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Stuart,Peterson/ Grander
Stove/Furnace Model: Sunnyside/ Golden Bride