Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

Forum rules
ATTN Coal Dealers: To advertise your company you're allowed to start one new topic in "Coal Prices, Coal Quality, Coal Dealer Inquiries and Reviews". You may also respond to other topics started by others where your company has been mentioned and are encouraged to do so. Any other posts just for advertising here or anywhere else on nepacrossroads.com will be considered spam and removed. Repeated violations will result in a permanent ban.

Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: snuffy On: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:03 pm

I promised a relative I would asked the experienced folks here about their experience with Reading Anthracite Coal at the Duncott breaker. I realize it reopened last year and apparently the coal comes from the Gilberton/Girardville area but my relative was curious about the quality of the coal before buying it. Any information would be appreciated.
snuffy
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: coal berner On: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:28 pm

snuffy wrote:I promised a relative I would asked the experienced folks here about their experience with Reading Anthracite Coal at the Duncott breaker. I realize it reopened last year and apparently the coal comes from the Gilberton/Girardville area but my relative was curious about the quality of the coal before buying it. Any information would be appreciated.

They are reclaiming all of the old banks and silk dams around the area and sum fresh mined coal from up the road from the pit then it goes to the bagging plant off of Rt 54 and the coal Gen plant. I would look some where else for coal there are a lot better places to by coal in the area . The coal being mined up in Gilberton / Girardville is being Processed at their main breaker in Girardville .
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: snuffy On: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Thanks, Coal Berner. I suspected you might know the answer. I know my relative was getting it, as I was at, uh, uh (age related mental block) Superior. That was weird, my first online mental block, couldn't remember the name. Thanks for your help. Have a great Independence Day!
snuffy
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman SF250 & Mark III backup
Other Heating: Oil Hot Water

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: coal berner On: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:55 am

snuffy wrote:Thanks, Coal Berner. I suspected you might know the answer. I know my relative was getting it, as I was at, uh, uh (age related mental block) Superior. That was weird, my first online mental block, couldn't remember the name. Thanks for your help. Have a great Independence Day!

Try some UAE you will like the low ash content and the BTU Output.
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: dlj On: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:44 am

Do you know if UAE sells stove coal? I seem to remember hearing they didn't, but I could well be wrong...

dj
dlj
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Resolute
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove coal
Other Heating: Oil Furnace, electric space heaters

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: coal berner On: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:40 pm

dlj wrote:Do you know if UAE sells stove coal? I seem to remember hearing they didn't, but I could well be wrong...

dj

No Stove size coal .

They have .
Rice
Buckwheat
Pea
Chestnut
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: dlj On: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:01 pm

coal berner wrote:
dlj wrote:Do you know if UAE sells stove coal? I seem to remember hearing they didn't, but I could well be wrong...

dj

No Stove size coal .

They have .
Rice
Buckwheat
Pea
Chestnut



Too bad. Any recommendations on where to get a truck load of good quality stove coal?

dj
dlj
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Resolute
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove coal
Other Heating: Oil Furnace, electric space heaters

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: coal berner On: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:16 pm

dlj wrote:
coal berner wrote:
dlj wrote:Do you know if UAE sells stove coal? I seem to remember hearing they didn't, but I could well be wrong...

dj

No Stove size coal .

They have .
Rice
Buckwheat
Pea
Chestnut



Too bad. Any recommendations on where to get a truck load of good quality stove coal?

dj

Who's coal are you burning now .

Here's a list of breakers you may want to try. All will have stove size coal .
2 of them will have the bigger size Egg coal 2"x 5"











coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: tsb On: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:17 pm

Saturday morning coffee July 3,2010 G.M.T.+ 8.00
Superior has a mountain of stove size coal.
tsb
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Binford 2000
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: LL Pioneer top vent
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Saey Hanover II

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: coal berner On: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:27 pm

tsb wrote:http://nepacrossroads.com/about16670.html#p194166
Superior has a mountain of stove size coal.

They have one underground mine still sending coal to the breaker The owner Rick brother Larry is still mining coal in his mines . Rick shut his down until the court hearing is over along with the other underground mine the Orchard that supplies them Rick owens a lot of surface mine land so there getting there coal from there right now. until the Judge decides if they have to use the underground tracking devices that The Gov. said they had to use.
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Reading Anthracite Duncott Coal Quality?

PostBy: dlj On: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:36 pm

coal berner wrote:Who's coal are you burning now .

Here's a list of breakers you may want to try. All will have stove size coal .
2 of them will have the bigger size Egg coal 2"x 5"













I'm getting it locally. I don't know where it comes from. There have been discussions on here about it's possible source but I have no first hand knowledge.

I've been back and forth on getting a full truck load and have finally decided that's the way to go. It's a pretty big investment up front, I'll have to build a coal bin to hold it and be able to dispense from so that's going to take a bite out of the budget. I don't really have a lot of room for it but have finally settled on a spot I think will work OK. I'm definately going to be heating with coal for as long as I live in this house, so I think it's time to do the deed... If I can get between 22 and 26 tons delivered, I'll have at least the next 5 to 6 years covered for winter heat. I like that idea a lot.

dj
dlj
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Vermont Castings Resolute
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Baseheater #6
Coal Size/Type: Stove coal
Other Heating: Oil Furnace, electric space heaters

Visit Lehigh Anthracite