8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: franco b On: Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:11 pm

jeromemsn wrote:I'm sure glad that all we have to do to fix all our problems is to get rid of President Obama (Dem) and replace him with ___________ and all our worries will be over.

There would be no more illegal aliens.
There would be lower taxes.
There would be more jobs.
There would be smaller Government.
How did that saying go....... We would have the best of the best of the best if Obama was gone.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-1 ... ikoff.html

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-1 ... hlaes.html


I am trying to understand the point of this post. It seems to say it would make no difference no matter who was running things owing to the depth of the problem illustrated by the two links you provided.

If I am correct in that assumption then I think your are dead wrong. I believe that a Guliani or Romney would do a great deal toward accomplishing those goals you listed. Obama on the other hand seems to be making things worse.

Contrary to the theme of your links history has shown that a country can recover from conditions worse than what we face in a relatively short time. An example is Germany in 1933. By 1936 it had a far healthier economic climate, not that Herr Hitler was an economic genius but that he had an economic minister who was, Hjalmar Schacht. Of course Schacht got the boot when he objected to the excessive military spending.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: rberq On: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:57 pm

smokeyCityTeacher wrote:that first link has the most important fact in in that everyone ignores or downplays
Our $14 Tr nat debt is the tip of the iceberg - its the unfunded liabilities that are sinking our titanic.
Those liabilities are: Medicare/Medicade/Gov worker pensions.

And regardless of which party controls the White House, and which currently controls (or obstructs) Congress, our elected officials do not address these problems. Their focus is ONLY on surviving the next election, keeping (or regaining) their majority, promoting short-term feel-good programs, not real fixes.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: franco b On: Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:12 pm

rberq wrote:
smokeyCityTeacher wrote:that first link has the most important fact in in that everyone ignores or downplays
Our $14 Tr nat debt is the tip of the iceberg - its the unfunded liabilities that are sinking our titanic.
Those liabilities are: Medicare/Medicade/Gov worker pensions.

And regardless of which party controls the White House, and which currently controls (or obstructs) Congress, our elected officials do not address these problems. Their focus is ONLY on surviving the next election, keeping (or regaining) their majority, promoting short-term feel-good programs, not real fixes.


Very true, but given time it will fix itself. Unfortunately it wont be pretty.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea


Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 pm

franco b wrote:
rberq wrote:
smokeyCityTeacher wrote:that first link has the most important fact in in that everyone ignores or downplays
Our $14 Tr nat debt is the tip of the iceberg - its the unfunded liabilities that are sinking our titanic.
Those liabilities are: Medicare/Medicade/Gov worker pensions.

And regardless of which party controls the White House, and which currently controls (or obstructs) Congress, our elected officials do not address these problems. Their focus is ONLY on surviving the next election, keeping (or regaining) their majority, promoting short-term feel-good programs, not real fixes.


Very true, but given time it will fix itself. Unfortunately it wont be pretty.


Exactly, and more specifically- the longer it is put off - the more severe the eventual reckoning.
Thats why I think the union will last another couple decades everything that happens till then will be exactly as francob states - prolongation and appeasement to keep the current party in power.

Eventually the feds will not have enough resources to hide our nakedness and we will collapse.
In the long run - nobody can truly outmaneuver market forces.

Until then mark my words you will see bailout after stimulus after bailout after stimulus for the next couple decades - there is no turning back.
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:12 pm

You can`t blame it on the current politics alone its been going on for decades, can`t remember when but we bailed out Brazil, Poland during Reagan, the savings & loans during Bush one, wall st. was started by Bush two & I know I probably missed quite a few as far as I know we were never repaid for any of it. At least now the borrowers are having to pay back + interest, to me thats far better than just throwing the money away.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: rberq On: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:08 pm

smokeyCityTeacher wrote:... you will see bailout after stimulus after bailout after stimulus for the next couple decades - there is no turning back.

How long until some major pension funds have to be bailed out? Corporations won't fund them properly, the law allows them to get away with inadequate funding while the government's Pension Benefit Guarantee Corportation is on the hook when they fail. Sounds a lot like the Savings & Loan situation of a few years back.
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: rberq On: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:11 pm

*
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: rberq On: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:13 pm

*
rberq
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: DS Machine 1300
Coal Size/Type: Nut -- Kimmel/Blaschak/Reading
Other Heating: Oil hot water radiators, propane

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: smokeyCityTeacher On: Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:55 am

rberq wrote:
smokeyCityTeacher wrote:... you will see bailout after stimulus after bailout after stimulus for the next couple decades - there is no turning back.

How long until some major pension funds have to be bailed out? Corporations won't fund them properly, the law allows them to get away with inadequate funding while the government's Pension Benefit Guarantee Corportation is on the hook when they fail. Sounds a lot like the Savings & Loan situation of a few years back.


My brother worked for GM and his pension was all in Stock. Obama trashed him.
When a gov or state employee's pension fund goes belly because they invested it foolishly - the taxpayers bail it out.

Thats the diff

As to How long ? the answer is.. not long
smokeyCityTeacher
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Hitzer 30-95
Stove/Furnace Make: Englander, Hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: 30-NC, 30-95

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: Richard S. On: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:37 am

While the illegal problem is large we have much larger problem because of legal immigration. We're going to get overrun and it won't do anyone one bit of good.


Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:37 am

Just wondering Smokey, I have quite a few friends that worked for GM in West Mifflin & they are all still getting their pensions as far as I know, how is it that your brothers pension was trashed & theirs wasn`t? I`ll be talking to some of them later on today at my H.S. reunion & ask for sure but I haven`t heard of any of them having any kind of problem, I wish that mine was near as good as theirs.
And come to think of it how would his pension be better off if GM were allowed to go belly up, & how is their greedy mismanagement some how Obama`s fault? For some reason I can`t see the connection there.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: jeromemsn On: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:32 am

Richard; I don't know if you heard the news but Obama signed a bill either yesterday or the day before that made it real tough to be an illegal alien. It also included a lot of tax dollars for hiring 1000 more border police and lots of other things. I'll see if I can find the link to the bill he signed and post it

Found it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/14/us/po ... immig.html
jeromemsn
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: Keystoker 90 dvc
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman elite fireplace insert

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Just got back Smokey, I talked to three of my old classmates that retired from GM & so far their pensions haven`t been touched. One was in management & the other two hourly.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: Richard S. On: Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:15 am

jeromemsn wrote:Richard; I don't know if you heard the news but Obama signed a bill either yesterday or the day before that made it real tough to be an illegal alien.


Correction, real tough to try and be an illegal alien. While it's a good start from what I'm reading this doesn't help with the illegals already inside the border.
Richard S.
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Van Wert VA1200
Coal Size/Type: Buckwheat/Anthracite

Re: 8% of all babies born is US are born to illegal aliens

PostBy: samhill On: Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:51 am

From what I`ve heard I read so far its going to be a rather long process of weeding out the lawbreaking ones & allowing the law abideing ones to stay, apprantly because they have been here for so long a lot have gone on through college or gotten fairly good jobs, pay taxes, somehow or another been able to get loans, buy homes & cars, raise families & everything else even being illegals. So I guess its like being careful not to throw out the baby with the bath water. I have a friend thats a state trooper out in Arizona & according to him they have always turned over the illegals to immagration unless they committed a bigger time crime & the illegal would be back out before he was done with the paper work.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75