Draft gauge.

Draft gauge.

PostBy: poconoman On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 pm

These things are hard to find locally. Where can I buy one in the Pocono PA area?

Thanks
poconoman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: k9 Bara On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:09 pm

I bought mine at Cole-Palmer, online. Was like$ 45 shipped. The Mark II is what I grabbed. Works great. Simple setup.
k9 Bara
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM
Coal Size/Type: Rice Anthricite

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: coaledsweat On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:18 pm

About $30 @ Grainger.
coaledsweat
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 260M
Coal Size/Type: Pea

Visit Lehigh Anthracite

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: Badog On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:07 pm

This one is on Craig's List for $20.00. I do not know how close fleetville is to you but it might be worth the drive.


http://scranton.craigslist.org/mat/2015376141.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
Badog
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Liberty

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: coal berner On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:15 pm

poconoman wrote:These things are hard to find locally. Where can I buy one in the Pocono PA area?

Thanks

You can use one of these as well if you do not want to deal with the fluid in the Manometer.
you can buy either one on e-bay .

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/Prod ... e=Ordering
coal berner
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: 1986 Electric Furnace Man 520 DF
Stove/Furnace Make: Electric Furnace Man
Stove/Furnace Model: DF520

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: poconoman On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm

Thanks guys, Keep em' comin'. :)
poconoman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: poconoman On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 pm

coaledsweat wrote:About $30 @ Grainger.


The cheapest I found is $130. Where's the $30 one?
poconoman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: WNY On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:33 pm

YOu are not looking at the right one, a DWYER Mark II Model 25 are about $30-40. Just do a Google search or look on Ebay.

Here are some on Ebay
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=dwyer+ ... m270.l1313
WNY
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: poconoman On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:15 pm

WNY wrote:YOu are not looking at the right one, a DWYER Mark II Model 25 are about $30-40. Just do a Google search or look on Ebay.

Here are some on Ebay
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=dwyer+ ... m270.l1313


Not bad! One merchant selling them for $35 shipped. Model # 27 is fine?

Thanks!
Last edited by poconoman on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poconoman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: poconoman On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:17 pm

poconoman wrote:
WNY wrote:YOu are not looking at the right one, a DWYER Mark II Model 25 are about $30-40. Just do a Google search or look on Ebay.

Here are some on Ebay
http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=dwyer+ ... m270.l1313


Not bad! One merchant selling them for $35 shipped. Model #27 is fine?

Thanks!


Double post. :roll:
poconoman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: WNY On: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:36 pm

The problem is the SCALE, the model 27 goes to 7" of water, the model 25 goes to 3", you are only using LESS than .1", so the scale may be hard to read at the .02-.04 rating. It's too bad they don't make a 0-1" one in this type.

I marked on this one, where you would read it, the Model 27 would be even smaller range to read and less accurate at the lower range.

Image
WNY
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: Freddy On: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:44 am

NOT model 27! The Mark II Mod 25 is what you want. Keep your eye on eBay & you'll get one for $30-$35. Follow the directions exactly! If you get too much oil in it, it's a son of a gun to get the extra back out.
Freddy
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Axeman Anderson 130 (pea)
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Reading piece o' junk in the barn (rice)
Coal Size/Type: Pea size, Superior, deep mined

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: k9 Bara On: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:00 am

Freddy wrote:NOT model 27! The Mark II Mod 25 is what you want. Keep your eye on eBay & you'll get one for $30-$35. Follow the directions exactly! If you get too much oil in it, it's a son of a gun to get the extra back out.


Agreed! :oops: LOL, only takes a lil bit.
k9 Bara
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: EFM
Coal Size/Type: Rice Anthricite

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: cabinover On: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 am

I ordered mine through Davis Instruments. It was around $80 for two of them shipped IIRC.
cabinover
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Hybrid Axeman Anderson 130
Baseburners & Antiques: Sparkle #12
Coal Size/Type: Pea, Buckwheat, Nut
Other Heating: LP Hot air. WA TX for coal use.

Re: Draft gauge.

PostBy: poconoman On: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:11 pm

WNY wrote:The problem is the SCALE, the model 27 goes to 7" of water, the model 25 goes to 3", you are only using LESS than .1", so the scale may be hard to read at the .02-.04 rating. It's too bad they don't make a 0-1" one in this type.

I marked on this one, where you would read it, the Model 27 would be even smaller range to read and less accurate at the lower range.

Image



Awesome! :D
poconoman
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Leisure Line
Stove/Furnace Model: Hyfire II

Visit Lehigh Anthracite