Coal dealers in Ohio

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:17 pm

Bump
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:12 pm

I visited Church Coal Firewood & Mulch in Akron today, and Paul told me his current stock of anthracite is Reading.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: Paisan On: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:53 pm

lsayre wrote:Might I ask what was not good with regard to Church's anthracite? Was it size, ash content, contaminants, burnability, etc...? Church's Coal is only about 25 minutes from me, and he delivers


It did not seem to burn as hot or as easy as Blaschak. Also had alot of junk mixed on with the coal.


lsayre wrote:Do you think your North Jackson and/or Middlefield sources for anthracite would deliver to my area? I have a boiler on order, and I will be in need bulk pea. Do you mind giving out the names, addresses, and phone numbers for your current sources so I can contact them? I take it you have been pleased with their anthracite. Did they both tell you which mine it came from?


Both places sell only Blaschak. The guy in N. Jackson wants to get a bunch of people lined up for delivery next year. I'll get his adress and phone number to you later. I'm going to get it all at once next year, not a ton here and there like I have been doing. I'll let you know.

Where are you getting your stove from?
Paisan
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Circulator
Stove/Furnace Make: D.S.
Stove/Furnace Model: Circulator


Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:12 pm

My stove is actually going to be a boiler. I have placed an order for an AHS S130 Coal Gun. Unlike most stoker boilers that require exclusively rice, the Coal Gun requires pea. If the price is right, I may be interested in 4 to 6 tons of Blaschak pea. Are you talking bag or bulk from the North Jackson source? Since I anticipate a lengthy install process, I most likely won't be in a position to fire up the Coal Gun until next October or November.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: Paisan On: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:01 pm

lsayre wrote: I have placed an order for an AHS S130 Coal Gun.


Those look sweet. I have watched the video on the coal gun afew weeks ago. Who's putting it in?
Paisan
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Circulator
Stove/Furnace Make: D.S.
Stove/Furnace Model: Circulator

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:10 pm

I'll likely be doing the installation myself.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: Paisan On: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:27 am

Just picked up 1100lbs. of nut from Church's coal in Arkon. Reading coal he told me. Cost me $175. I hope it works better than last time, looks better.
It's going to be in the 50's for the rest of the week. Might need to open a window, get some fresh air in this house.
Paisan
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Circulator
Stove/Furnace Make: D.S.
Stove/Furnace Model: Circulator

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Paisan wrote:Just picked up 1100lbs. of nut from Church's coal in Arkon. Reading coal he told me. Cost me $175. I hope it works better than last time, looks better.
It's going to be in the 50's for the rest of the week. Might need to open a window, get some fresh air in this house.



Was that a delivered price, or did you pick it up yourself?
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: Paisan On: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:59 pm

lsayre wrote:Was that a delivered price, or did you pick it up yourself?


That was pick up. He has both nut and pea.
Paisan
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Circulator
Stove/Furnace Make: D.S.
Stove/Furnace Model: Circulator

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: lsayre On: Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 pm

Paisan wrote:
lsayre wrote:Was that a delivered price, or did you pick it up yourself?


That was pick up. He has both nut and pea.


Now you've got me wishing for the cold again, so you can tell us how it burns! :D
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: Paisan On: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:04 pm

lsayre wrote:Now you've got me wishing for the cold again, so you can tell us how it burns!


I'm burning it now. It has alot of small stuff mixed with the nut, pea size or smaller. So it's doing good in this warm weather. I have the DS turned down low. Around 200-250.
Paisan
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Circulator
Stove/Furnace Make: D.S.
Stove/Furnace Model: Circulator

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: tonawanda69 On: Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 pm

paisan----- I have the D S also -when you say you have it down around 200-250 are you talking about the stack temp gauge? If so how high on the stack do you have it?
tonawanda69
 
Stove/Furnace Make: D S CIRCULATOR

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: Paisan On: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 am

tonawanda69 wrote:paisan----- I have the D S also -when you say you have it down around 200-250 are you talking about the stack temp gauge? If so how high on the stack do you have it?


My temp gauge is on the stove, upper right hand corner. I do not have a gauge on my stack.
Paisan
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: D.S. Circulator
Stove/Furnace Make: D.S.
Stove/Furnace Model: Circulator

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: Hambden Bob On: Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:08 am

Good to see the traffic on the Ohio end of the Board. Keep it up Gang!!!!
Hambden Bob
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Harman 1998 Magnum Stoker
Coal Size/Type: Rice-A-Roni !

Re: Coal dealers in Ohio

PostBy: lsayre On: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:16 pm

Paisan wrote:
lsayre wrote:Now you've got me wishing for the cold again, so you can tell us how it burns!


I'm burning it now. It has alot of small stuff mixed with the nut, pea size or smaller. So it's doing good in this warm weather. I have the DS turned down low. Around 200-250.


Any updates on the performance of the Church's anthracite?
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Stockton Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (13 KW)