coalkirk wrote:A friend of mine sent me this picture a few days ago. I just got the back story last night. WOW. This was very nearly a tragedy! My friend showed up at this home to do a home inspection. Vacant home just rehabbed. He was outside when a guy showed up who he described as being from El Salavador and having a very limited command of English. He said he was the man who was there to "make all things right." He told my friend that the water and gas were off to the home and he was going to turn them on for the inspection. When my friend entered the home there was a very strong odor of natural gas coming out of the registers and he heard a click, click, click, noise coming from the kitchen. It was the igniter on the gas stove that our friend from south of the border was using to light the stove. Gas will only burn in a concentration between 5% and 15%. More or less it won't. Luckily the concentration had not reached that threshold yet. My friend pushed him away from the stove and turned it off and forced him outside, leaving the door open. A few seconds either way and that house would have blown sky high. Very scary.
WOW!! Did the friend from another country get a swift kick in the balls? I mean he did almost just kill your friend and himself? If by "Make all things right" means killing both of them that sure as hell deserves a black eye or two.