Ok Guys and Gals ,
Looks like things are coming together for Saturday Jan 15th at 12pm (noon) in Rocky Hill, CT. Believe we picked up Spiker as another attendee from last week's list, if I missed anyone please excuse me.
Here is the final location poop:
Wood N' Tap
12 Town Line Rd
Rocky Hill CT
Taken from their website:
From the North (Hartford Area): Heading South on I-91, get off exit 24 (CT-99). Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto SILAS DEANE HWY / CT-99. Take immediate LEFT onto TOWN LINE RD.
From the South (New Haven Area): Heading North on I-91, get off exit 24 (CT-99). Turn RIGHT onto SILAS DEANE HWY / CT-99. Take first LEFT onto TOWN LINE RD.
If you are coming up from the shore on Route 2 East, a nice shortcut is to take the Rt 3 exit in Glastonbury, go over the CT River and keep going till you hit the Silas Deane (CT-99), take a left onto CT-99, Tap' will be on your right about 1 mile down.
Pretty much the bottom line is that this place is in eye sight of Wal Mart and on the same side of the Silas Deane Highway (CT-99) as Wal-Mart.
Was thinking this coordination may help everyone:
* Jimd came down today from Mass to survey the Tap, he will not need a generator, he'll have an inverter. Jimd, thank you for your demonstration.
* Easy Ray is our Official Photographer not to suggest a few more cameras won't kill us.
* Was thinking we'll look at Jim's boiler in the parking lot for a 1/2 -1 hr , go inside to eat around 1 pm, so don't rush if you miss the 12 pm time a bit, drive safe.
* The Tap has reserved a room for us, we'll break up the bill into two checks, one for the food and non-alcoholic beverages and the other check will be for the alcoholic beverages. Propose to divy up the food check and tip equally between us all. The alcohol check will be divied up on the honor system among those of us embibing at bit. Respectively offered, please remember everyone needs to have a safe drive home (the old mother in me saying this) as we want everyone at the second CT Greet!
* The 10 day weather forecast looks pretty good for Saturday the 15th. If it does look like snow, lets discuss the night before on here. Thanks.
* I will have name tags you can fill in with your coal name or whatever. These are only for my benefit (smiles) as I will need to constantly remind myself who everyone is.
* Please bring pictures of your stove, these will be great talking pieces around the table. I'm especially intersted in boilers and EFM's and Axemans...
Really look forward to seeing all of you, remember that Anvils ( at least for the 1st CT Meet and Greet) are optional.
Please PM me if you have any comments, ideas, or whatever.....