$5 gas by 2012 ?

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:16 pm

I don`t like paying just like anybody else but there isn't a shortage, its all fear & speculation. As I always say follow the money, big oil isn't doing too shabby right now, wish I could of got a big tax break to invest in futures. Hearing everyone that wanted this crying does take away some of the pain, only difference with me is I always did try & keep my driving down to a minimum. Good thing & bad thing about living where I do we have to drive a good distance for everything so you learn quick.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: lowfog01 On: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:13 pm

There is more then big business evil high profits in the high gas prices. Check it out.

http://townhall.com/columnists/victorda ... rices_good
lowfog01
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Mark II & Mark I

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: franco b On: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:17 pm

samhill wrote:I don`t like paying just like anybody else but there isn't a shortage, its all fear & speculation. As I always say follow the money, big oil isn't doing too shabby right now, wish I could of got a big tax break to invest in futures. Hearing everyone that wanted this crying does take away some of the pain, only difference with me is I always did try & keep my driving down to a minimum. Good thing & bad thing about living where I do we have to drive a good distance for everything so you learn quick.


No there is no shortage. In part it is because you and I and millions of others have cut back a bit on our usage. If there were price controls there would be a shortage within days as usage went up. If big oil made zero profit the price of gas would be very few penny's cheaper.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea


Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: samhill On: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Show me the money.
http://www.latestnewzonline.com/higher-prices-lift-oil-company-profits-43896.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: franco b On: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:37 pm

samhill wrote:Show me the money.
http://www.latestnewzonline.com/higher-prices-lift-oil-company-profits-43896.html
This link is broken, either the page no longer exists or there is some other issue like a typo.


You can't use the Exxon figures because it includes to many things not having to do with oil. you can use the Royal Dutch figure of 6 billion in profit if you knew how much oil they sold by dividing the profit into the gallons sold. We don't have that figure in the article. Exxon claims to make 3 cents a gallon.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: jpete On: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:24 pm

I claim to be 6'3" and build like a brick outhouse but that don't make it so.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 am

It just seems kinda odd that everytime the price at the pump shoots up the oil Co.s have record profits :doh:, I`m not a CPA or even close but I can see a pattern there.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: franco b On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:58 am

If you are working on a fixed percentage mark up then of course you will make more if the price is higher.

I think OPEC which is a cartel, is responsible for the high prices far more than the oil company's.

The lower value of the dollar also plays an important part.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:59 am

The lower value of the dollar plays the ONLY part.

Supply and demand haven't changed.

But Helicopter Ben is printing money ad infinitum and people are trying to put it someplace to protect their futures.

Oil, gold, silver, corn, cotton and tangible THING is going to go through the roof.

Weimar here we come....
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: lsayre On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:28 pm

I remember when a Canadian Dollar would only fetch you about $0.62 worth of goods in the USA, but now a Canadian Dollar will fetch you $1.05 worth of goods in the USA. That shows the degree of devastation that the US Dollar has experienced in the past roughly 20-25 years.
lsayre
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: AHS S130 Coal Gun
Coal Size/Type: Anthracite Pea
Other Heating: Resistance Boiler (It has been fixed!)

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: samhill On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:33 pm

Franco, think about your posts, in one you say that Exxon claims to only make 3 cents/gal, lets assume that is the average profit. Then you say there is no shortage because you & I & everyone else is driving less, if this is true & they are selling less at the same markup their profit would be less. We also get the bulk of our oil from Canada which is not a cartel country, its the Co.s & speculators that are driving the price up plain & simple.
samhill
 
Hot Air Coal Stoker Furnace: keystoker 160
Hand Fed Coal Stove: hitzer 75 in garage
Stove/Furnace Make: keystoker/hitzer
Stove/Furnace Model: koker 160/ hitzer 75

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: NWBuilder On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:55 pm

samhill wrote:Franco, think about your posts, in one you say that Exxon claims to only make 3 cents/gal, lets assume that is the average profit. Then you say there is no shortage because you & I & everyone else is driving less, if this is true & they are selling less at the same markup their profit would be less. We also get the bulk of our oil from Canada which is not a cartel country, its the Co.s & speculators that are driving the price up plain & simple.


Samhill is RIGHT ON, the speculators are the ones driving the price up on fuel which try as we might our circumstances right now won't change that. Our vehicles run on gas, not hydrogen or oxygen or water. It is no longer a matter of supply and demand it is a matter of how much can the speculators get out of the populous!! This is one area the govt. should not have deregulated. Now we are at Wall streets mercy and greed is a very powerful thing!
NWBuilder
 
Stoker Coal Boiler: Ahs 130
Coal Size/Type: Burning Pea anthracite

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: traderfjp On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:17 pm

Why aren't cars converted to natural gas and promoted by our government?
traderfjp
 
Stove/Furnace Make: Alaska
Stove/Furnace Model: Channing 3

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: jpete On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:28 pm

traderfjp wrote:Why aren't cars converted to natural gas and promoted by our government?


Why spend trillions on unending wars in the Middle East and instead give us all a setup like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBdscL8hqN4

Oh that's right, I forgot, we live in a country where the government goes to the highest bidder and that ain't us.
jpete
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: Harman Mk II
Coal Size/Type: Stove, Nut, Pea
Other Heating: Dino juice

Re: $5 gas by 2012 ?

PostBy: franco b On: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:14 pm

samhill wrote:Franco, think about your posts, in one you say that Exxon claims to only make 3 cents/gal, lets assume that is the average profit. Then you say there is no shortage because you & I & everyone else is driving less, if this is true & they are selling less at the same markup their profit would be less. We also get the bulk of our oil from Canada which is not a cartel country, its the Co.s & speculators that are driving the price up plain & simple.


Their profit was made on other things in addition to oil. They are not selling less. Conservation has helped to prevent a shortage and further price increases. I also do not know if that figure of 3 cents is true.

Oil is a world market no matter which country it comes from. If we used only domestic oil the price would be the same but the money would not be shipped out.

I was under the impression that the last spike in oil was in fact contributed to by speculation in the futures market. If so our government has seen fit to ignore it. It also has done nothing to increase supply which certainly would lower prices. Comments by the president seem to indicate he wants high energy prices. When his re election is in danger he will probably get moving.
franco b
 
Hand Fed Coal Stove: V ermont Castings 2310, Franco Belge 262
Baseburners & Antiques: Glenwood Modern Oak 114
Coal Size/Type: nut and pea