want control

want control

PostBy: jonroy On: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:35 pm

My blower and coal auger are one unit out of my coal stocker. in other words they don't run seperatly. In the pictures ive seen there are seperate outlets
for the forsed air into the house, the blower for the coal, and the auger itself. Will a coaltrol unit work for me? The old Honeywell controls are wearing out and
we are freezing or being run out of the house.


Re: want control

PostBy: freetown fred On: Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:56 pm

jonroy,Welcome to the FORUM--what kind of stove--where are you from--pix really help when asking for suggestions. Happy New Year my friend :)
freetown fred
Hand Fed Coal Stove: HITZER 50-93
Coal Size/Type: BLASCHAK Nut

Re: want control

PostBy: WNY On: Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:31 pm

Yes, a make and model of your stove would be helpful for all :)

I would think the Coaltrol should be able to be adapted to any stove, you might have to modify the blower/stoker unit so they run separately, since the Coaltrol has separate plug in's for Stoker, Combustion Blower and convection blower.
Hot Air Coal Stoker Stove: Keystoker 90K, Leisure Line Hyfire I
Coal Size/Type: Rice
Stove/Furnace Make: Keystoker, LL & CoalTrol
Stove/Furnace Model: 90K, Hyfire I, VF3000 Soon

Re: want control

PostBy: nwaelder On: Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:55 am

For systems that have the combustion fan and fuel feed (auger or otherwise) operated from the same motor, the Coal-trol is compatible. This mode is selectable from the Coal-trol thermostat. For historical reasons we refer to this mode as "Tri-Burn".

In general, operation with separate combustion blower and fuel feed is the preferred method, because this eliminates the need for making stroke adjustments, and for setups that have an electronic speed adjustment on the combustion/feed motor, the combustion air is poorly proportioned when changing motor RPM. That is to say at slower RPMs not enough combustion air is supplied.