Joeski wrote:Hi all,
This may be an insane idea but I'm tired of shoveling snow and we are getting a lot here in southeastern PA. I am thinking of getting my lawnmower, weed whacker and other power tools left over gas and pouring it on the snow farthest away from my house and then throwing a newspaper which is on fire on to it.
A controlled burn?
Thoughts and thank you in advance.
Wood'nCoal wrote:Surely you must be joking
Berlin wrote:oh, no. I'm kind of curious...
(I've been covered in gallons and gallons of burning gasoline before, with second degree burns on my face and other parts of my body, so this little experiment should be a cake walk )
Berlin wrote:titleist1, that's a brilliant idea, i might actually try that, (i'm being 100% serious)
Richard S. wrote:Sounds like really bad idea to me. As mentioned the vapors burn. As the snow melts its going to carry away the liquid gasoline which of course is going to be producing vapors and be on fire.
Getting back to the vapors one very important thing be aware of about gasoline vapors is they will travel across the ground where there is no liquid gas. For example if you went and dumped a lot of gas on some wood with the intention of lighting it those vapors can travel out to the area where you are standing if given enough time.