BEWARE OF STOVES/FIREPLACES SOLD BY LOWES OR HOME DEPOT!!!
Those retailers approach manufacturers and tell them what product they want and the price it must sell for. This results in manufacturers cutting costs by cutting corners. With a stove or fireplace, this could and does compromise SAFETY!
Years ago I purchased a vent-free natural gas fireplace from Lowes. I couldn't believe how cheap it was. The damn thing nearly killed me and my son with carbon monixide. I had installed the fireplace in the living room. While watching a video in the living room, my son developed a severe headache. He walked to his bedroom to get a blanket and noticed that the CO detector in the hallway was registering a number. The alarm had not sounded, but the CO was bad enough that he was badly sickened.
I opened the windows and shut down the fireplace. The next day I disconnected the fireplace and returned it to Lowes with a word of caution.
Whatever money you think you are saving, it isn't worth the health or life of you family. Spend the money and buy a reputable stove from a reputable manufacturer.